+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Great work, DT! I'm struggling to lose weight and I'm currently over the healthy BMI range for pregnancy. I do a lot of exercise and eat well, I'm just not finished my weight loss journey yet. I'm not sure if I should hold off ttc until I get there... I just don't want to wait too long as the clock is ticking!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by barefootbabe View Post
    Great work, DT! I'm struggling to lose weight and I'm currently over the healthy BMI range for pregnancy. I do a lot of exercise and eat well, I'm just not finished my weight loss journey yet. I'm not sure if I should hold off ttc until I get there... I just don't want to wait too long as the clock is ticking!
    Thanks. I'm only just over the healthy BMI now, and my dr is actually happy if I can maintain that. But, I am still going to work at it.

According to my doctor, any amount of weight loss can make a huge difference to TTC. If you absolutely feel the need to lose a certain amount before trying, then yes wait. But if you just want to get healthy, TTC now and keep trying to lose weight.

I found that after changing my diet and exercising I was putting weight on- water retention and muscle gain. So I went to my GP and he helped me work out a diet plan. Now I am only doing exercise that will tone me (not gain muscle) and have dropped carbs and increased lean proteins. I feel fuller for longer and don't snack.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello,

I'm new here, me and DH are going to start TTC #4 next month, so iv'e started taking prenatal vitamins, and been doing 120 minute exercise routine each day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey all TTC given we are now in Feb I know it's early but have any of you found out your pregnant yet or have a feeling you might be??
    DH and I are trying properly this month so hoping all goes well!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I started taking progestalift this month and doing pilates at least three times a week. Hoping that increases my chances!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to clucky_duck For This Useful Post:

DT75  (06-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbie to the forum but have baby on the brain so I thought I would join the discussion!

My fiancé and I are getting married in May. From his vibes I am thinking he is thinking we will TTC July onwards, but ideally I would like to wait a couple of months after that. 😊

I have started taking prenatal vitamins. I was looking at Elevit but the pharmacist persuaded me to get Ethical Nutrients Super Multi saying there was enough folic acid (amongst other things) in those ones. I am not sure, but can always change when they are finished.

I am considering what I eat a lot more, and am feeling much better already due to this.

DF and I have started exercising together more which has been great.

I am going to book a preconception appointment. Would you recommend doing this with a regular GP or with your future Obstetrician (mine offers preconception appointments)?

Also, what do they do at the appointment and should DF go too?

Sorry if these questions have already been answered, I back read this thread but can't recall if this was discussed.

Luck to all! πŸ˜„

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mummyofangels View Post
    Hello,

I'm new here, me and DH are going to start TTC #4 next month, so iv'e started taking prenatal vitamins, and been doing 120 minute exercise routine each day.
    Wow that's a lot of exercise... what are you doing?
    You should speak to a dr about that, as I feel that is too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Exercise is hit and miss here with a non sleeper who hates being alone more then 10 minutes. Bub is 10 monthss and driving hubby mad with her non sleeping so hopefully she does soon as would love to start our ttc journey after she is 1

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    We are getting married late March and I am going off the pill straight after.
    I have pcos and I have no idea what to expect, I think I am going to go see a doctor soon to figure out what my situation is at the moment and what I can do. I am pretty sure I will start vitamins soon, just not sure which ones
    Will start to exercise daily on my cross trainer for 45 minutes.
    I am very excited but I am trying to not stress about it or hold my hopes too high and just go with the flow!
    Sammy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im just doing a Jari Love DVD, its not that intense. Next month once we start TTC i probably wont do the whole 120 mins. Is it bad to do this much?