+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    That's not a bad idea actually. I think I had a rubella shot in about Year 10 at school but I am 28 now so not sure if I would still be immune. What else should I be doing? I have started taking a women's multivitamin with folic acid but have been reading up on a few straight folic acid tablets and might switch as some are heaps cheaper! It is all very new and there are so many "rules" but I want to start doing the right thing in case it all happens fast!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    I'd suggest getting your immunity checked before you start trying. I did, it turned out I had no immunity to rubella. I had to have another immunisation and then wait a month before we could start trying
    I didn't either but I can't hold immunity unfortunately.

So excited that AF is here for the first time since having my Bub. First step in conceiving my next Bub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi. I have a 9 month old son. Hoping to fall pregnant again in 2015. Took 18 months of trying to get my son so hopefully not that long this time around.
    I had a prepregnancy check up in Nov 2014 and bloods came back great for folate, vit d, iron etc. Cycle day 7 today. 2 month off the pill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ElleDee View Post
    That's not a bad idea actually. I think I had a rubella shot in about Year 10 at school but I am 28 now so not sure if I would still be immune. What else should I be doing? I have started taking a women's multivitamin with folic acid but have been reading up on a few straight folic acid tablets and might switch as some are heaps cheaper! It is all very new and there are so many "rules" but I want to start doing the right thing in case it all happens fast!
    My obstetrician last pregnancy recommended blackmores I-folic. Heaps cheaper and she said that's all you need unless you know you have a deficiency in something

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone! I'm hopping into this thread if that's ok. This is my first post on here; I only just discovered this website!

Hubs and I are planning to TTC around March this year. It will be our first; we just got married in October and are terrified/excited at the idea that we could be parents! I'm 30 so we want to get moving sooner rather than later.

To prepare, I've started taking the Blackmores Pre-conception/Preg/BF supplement, trying to be more eactive and eat more healthily to get my weight down to a better BMI, and I had a pertussis (whooping cough) booster the other day. That's it! Hopefully it's a quick process--lots of friends have had issues TTC and my sister just had a MC, so I feel a little nervous about it all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys,

A question for those of you who had whooping cough / rubella boosters - how much did they cost? DH and I had serology tests done last week, and I'm wondering how much we could be up for if the results come back negative.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi LessThan,

I only had the pertussis/whooping cough one and it cost about $35. It was kind of a pain cause I had to get a script for it from my doctor, (who doesn't bulk bill and has a big-ish gap), order the vaccine at the pharmacy, then arrange to have another GP appt to get it injected. The thing with this vacc though is that it needs to be kept in the fridge. So I had to leave work, drive to the pharmacy, get the vaccine, and drive back to the doctor...and once I was there, discovered the vacc was out of date, so I needed to do it all again.

Moral of the story- check your vacc before you leave the chemist!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to barefootbabe For This Useful Post:

LessThanAmazing  (27-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps- my doc recommended that Hubs and any grandparents who will be around a lotduring the first six week of baby's life also have the vacc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by barefootbabe View Post
    Hi LessThan,

I only had the pertussis/whooping cough one and it cost about $35. It was kind of a pain cause I had to get a script for it from my doctor, (who doesn't bulk bill and has a big-ish gap), order the vaccine at the pharmacy, then arrange to have another GP appt to get it injected. The thing with this vacc though is that it needs to be kept in the fridge. So I had to leave work, drive to the pharmacy, get the vaccine, and drive back to the doctor...and once I was there, discovered the vacc was out of date, so I needed to do it all again.

Moral of the story- check your vacc before you leave the chemist!

Thanks Barefootbabe. Sounds like you had a good deal with your whooping cough vaccine - DH and I both got it today and it ended up being $100 for the two of us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    In order to prepare, I have:
    - had a GP visit
    - had a dental check-up
    - switched insurance providers
    - lost 5kg (hoping to lose 5 more)
    - started taking pre-natal vitamins
    - encouraged DH to begin to quit smoking (he's down to 2 packets a week)
    - started a 'Baby Folder'- has a birth plan, antenatal care preferences, baby names list, list of necessities, and general info (family history, etc)