+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes that's pretty much what the school said too. But now I'm second guessing everything and wondering if I should be looking into schools around here too. I did look at them loosely last year but the school I picked in the new suburb I did a tour and got the chance go ask lots of questions etc.

I am so worried about her starting school anyway let alone feeling like she is behind when last year she was doing so well. I am wondering if it's a maturity thing? Like she isn't interested in learning words and the alphabet yet and would much rather be playing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    But I think that's good! She should be playing - she's not at school yet! They grow/change so rapidly just see how she is in a few months before worrying - the school we are sending DS too is a 25 min drive away but it's such a great school the driving does not worry us ( we only have 1 and own our business so have it pretty easy with drop offs and pick ups! )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    In QLD if you want her to go to public school it is quite hard to hold them back, it is doable but they dont like to do it. I have heard it is a lot easier when you go private however?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you're daughter is at kindy/C&K or similar you need to fill out some forms and the kindy teacher will add her suggestions as well. You go to the Principal of the school you want DD to start at and get him to give you a letter authorising a place for her in 2016. I did it for my dd last year. If you'd like any further information feel free to PM me. I'm in qld. . My girl is repeating C&K and starting at a public school for prep next year. She's a June baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    With your DD, I guess it's for you to decide whether you prefer her to be one of the oldest or one of the youngest in her school year. My opinion is that confidence is built or damaged in the first few years at school, and that this has a long term impact. So I think you're wise to be careful about sending your LO before she's ready. If it were my DD, it would be a no brainer - I'd be holding her back but finding other enrichment activities for that year, as she becomes ready for a bit more challenge.

With the house, have you seen a mortgage broker, or applied directly to the bank? Perhaps another lender would give you more and a broker is well placed to tell you who which lender would be best in your circumstances. (They're free and might be able to negotiate a better interest rate for you, so definitely worth it!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Always buy and sell in the same market. Start looking at local schools or re looking at local schools and this may give you some direction again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We bought and sold while I was on maternity leave - the bank didn't care so much about our income, at that time they just weren't lending more than 80% of the purchase price, so it did impact us. Maybe that is what's going on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    We bought and sold while I was on maternity leave - the bank didn't care so much about our income, at that time they just weren't lending more than 80% of the purchase price, so it did impact us. Maybe that is what's going on?
    Yes I think that has to do with it. We will be borrowing more than 80% as we won't make that much on current property.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    But I think that's good! She should be playing - she's not at school yet! They grow/change so rapidly just see how she is in a few months before worrying - the school we are sending DS too is a 25 min drive away but it's such a great school the driving does not worry us ( we only have 1 and own our business so have it pretty easy with drop offs and pick ups! )
    Yeah I know what you mean. I was thinking how to word it when I was writing last night. I am very happy she wants to play and totally agree with you. The teacher does fun little games like "go get your morning tea if your name starts with this letter" and writes it on the board. Dd doesn't recognize her letter yet even with games like that. So it's not like they are sitting down with exercise books and practicing in a boring way. But you're right, things could change in a few months. I can't help but think if she was born a day later it would be a no brainier. She was due a week later!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Coming back to the school thing - does anyone know in Qld if I held her back from prep next year does she have to go into grade 1 the following year? Does she miss out on prep? Just because I was reading off the edu Qld site that said something along the lines of the kids have to be Turning 6 the year they are in grade 1? I am getting a bit confused with it all.

She is/will be:

4 years on 30 June 2014
    5 years on 30 June 2015
    6 years on 30 June 2016