Ok I am feeling totally deflated today. Please bare with me as this could be a long post
So dh and I have decided after weighing up all options we want to move away from our current suburb to another one about 25 minutes away. The suburb we want to move to is where his family is and where we both grew up. It's a bit closer to the city too.
I did the figures a few months ago and was certain that one of those online calculators worked out we could borrow exactly what we need just on dh's income as I am on maternity leave for a other 18 months. So today I decided to go through the pre approval part just to double check everything and we can't borrow the amount I first thought. Not even close. When I go back to work in 18 months we can. But not on dh's sold income. It's not the repayments that would be an issue, we can make them, it's the actual loan amount from the bank.
In the meantime I have completed enrollment forms for the private school in the suburb we want to move to. They haven't begun processing or interviewing yet. But dd1 starts school next year.
I am so stressed. I worry about everything. I don't want to chop and change schools and it's not viable to start sending her to the chosen school and drive each day while I'm still on leave.
And then the other thing is I am not even sure dd1 is ready for school. She only just makes it for next year. Had she be born a day later we would be waiting a whole New Year. Her Kindy teacher told me that she is having trouble recognizing her name, the first letter of her name and isn't interested in learning at the moment. she said that she will keep monitoring her and try to find new ways to help her learn. I don't know if I should be holding her back from starting school next year. she should be starting prep in Qld.
Anyway, back to the house issue. Do we stay where we are until I return to work? Do we sell our house and rent in the chosen suburb until I return to work?
I think prices are on the rise around are area in particular with a major extension to the local shopping centre and another few big developments.
Could we keep our house and rent it out and then rent in our chosen suburb and then sell towards the end of the year and hope we make a few extra dollars?
Are there any more obvious options that I'm not considering? What would you do?
As you can tell I have a few issues that are separate but then all intertwine and I guess I want the perfect solution that ticks all the boxes but I just can't work it out right now.
Dh says we'll talk tonight.
I feel like we need to decide something soon especially if dd is starting school next year...where ever that may be?