+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    What's the candida diet? Is that eating less yeast product? (Bread etc)
    Yep, and sugar and a few other things, just read more of your thread and if it's clearing up I wouldn't bother
    What's canesten wash? Like a fabric softner?
    Its an antifungal rinse aid that you use as you would fabric softner

2. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (05-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    What's canesten wash? Like a fabric softner?
    Basically. You'll find it in the laundry aisle.
    http://www.canesten.com.au/en/produc...laundry-rinse/

4. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (05-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    Yep, and sugar and a few other things, just read more of your thread and if it's clearing up I wouldn't bother

Its an antifungal rinse aid that you use as you would fabric softner
    Thanks to you and miss kitty. I have this awful feeling it's starting to come back so I want to cover all bases..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It might not be your kind of thing VP - but getting your nipples exposed to sunlight also helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiyed View Post
    It might not be your kind of thing VP - but getting your nipples exposed to sunlight also helps
    Where I live if I wanted to walk around top less I would have to close the blinds!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Candida diet is good, but really only necessary if you're struggling to get on top of it and its *****ised your gut, specifically your upper GI tract. It's not a whole lot helpful in treating external flora, including vaginal.

However I would look at some inner health or equiv. for the lifetime of your bf'ing. It will help keep it at bay from your nipples, and prevent it *****ising your gut. You can also buy probiotic powder for bub if it becomes an ongoing problem, but I would be waiting a while...from memory your LO is only a month or so old right?

Canesten wash is great - but expensive. I would be only using it to wash your bras and pj tops etc if you sleep braless. Wear a fresh pj top each night, and if you normally sleep naked, wear a cotton tee or singlet so your sheets arent dirty or reinfecting. Also change your breast pads frequently and keep your nipples as dry as you can. If you're big busted and your breasts touch in your bra and get a bit sweaty/clammy, use the cream or canesten cream in your crease. Or use curash powder to keep the area dry.

It's not an STI but intimacy involving infected areas and your partner's moist areas (mouth, arm pits, groin) can transfer spores, which means you end up tag-teaming the infection backwards and forwards. Treatment for the partner is often good at making sure its really gone. That said, I doubt your nipples are getting too involved in your intimate moments if you're bf'ing only a few weeks post partum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol the swiped out word is c.o.l.o.nising.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cakeish For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (06-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by cakeish View Post
    Candida diet is good, but really only necessary if you're struggling to get on top of it and its *****ised your gut, specifically your upper GI tract. It's not a whole lot helpful in treating external flora, including vaginal.

However I would look at some inner health or equiv. for the lifetime of your bf'ing. It will help keep it at bay from your nipples, and prevent it *****ising your gut. You can also buy probiotic powder for bub if it becomes an ongoing problem, but I would be waiting a while...from memory your LO is only a month or so old right?

Canesten wash is great - but expensive. I would be only using it to wash your bras and pj tops etc if you sleep braless. Wear a fresh pj top each night, and if you normally sleep naked, wear a cotton tee or singlet so your sheets arent dirty or reinfecting. Also change your breast pads frequently and keep your nipples as dry as you can. If you're big busted and your breasts touch in your bra and get a bit sweaty/clammy, use the cream or canesten cream in your crease. Or use curash powder to keep the area dry.

It's not an STI but intimacy involving infected areas and your partner's moist areas (mouth, arm pits, groin) can transfer spores, which means you end up tag-teaming the infection backwards and forwards. Treatment for the partner is often good at making sure its really gone. That said, I doubt your nipples are getting too involved in your intimate moments if you're bf'ing only a few weeks post partum!
    Thanks I am being extra careful with anything that touches my boobs ( bras, towells or bubs mouth ( spew rags) ... They go in a separate wash with the canesten. Just had a look in bubs mouth (6 weeksish old he is) and can see the white fur on the back if his tongue. I wonder his long after we started using the Daktarin oral gel that he/me will be all clear...

And no need to worry about my partner getting infected... We haven't had hanky panky for about 9 weeks and when we do he's not going anywhere near the boobs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I was just reading on the canesten web site that fluconazole (diflucan) is not suitable for breastfeeding.
    http://canesten.com.au/en/intimate-h...rush/index.php

This is different advice from what was in the royal women's hospital guideline that piyami posted:
    https://thewomens.r.worldssl.net/ima...ple-thrush.pdf

Has anyone been told specific guidance from their pharmacist/doctor about this?

(After nearly a week on Daktarin oral gel things are better but I'm still getting pain in my right nipple that is pretty bad during a feed. I'm considering the tablets/capsules. My doc said not to worry about them unless the gel didn't work).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Clinical guidelines (hospital notes) are to be used under hospital supervision, ie for patients. It would be a worst-case-scenario thing. Another example is using Restavit as a Hyperemesis treatment - contraindicated by pharmacist and GP and packet, but listed in the clinical guidelines of a couple of Aussie hospitals.

I would continue to use the cream you have for now, it doesn't work overnight and your nipple needs time to heal from the physical damage as well as the infection itself. Are you making sure you get the cream as far into the nipple hole/folds as you can?