+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Not doing poo in toilet

Dd2 has been in undies for about 3-4 weeks now (even longer at daycare). She will happily go to the toilet to do wees but wont for poo. She comes and tells me immediately after she has done it in her undies but its almost like she doesn't realise its happening until she has already done it.

Just wondering what other experiences have been, as I know its fairly common for them to be ok going to the toilet for wee but no poo. For those who have been here before, how long did take for your child to click?

me + he = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (due May 2014) + sil (1997)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subscribing....

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's very normal behaviour

Thanks
    Reviews
    Once my DD got used to the sensation of pooing on the toilet it clicked within a few days. But it took months to even get her to attempt a poo on the toilet. So I had to clean heaps of logs out of knickers She almost seemed frightened of the loo at one point so we stopped trying for a bit and started up again once she showed renewed interest. The turning point for us was when I read on a blog that a woman had enticed her toddler to poo in the toilet by telling him that the toilet "eats" poos and he was super hungry and that you need to do a poo on the toilet to feed him! Sounds so gross, but I tried it with DD and it got her all excited and she would run to the toilet screaming "I'm going to feed the toilet mummy, the toilet is hungry mummy!!" - lol it was quite funny. But heck it worked a treat!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GingerKat For This Useful Post:

SheWarrior  (31-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It took my DS1 about 4 months after we started TT to do poos in the potty. The girls at daycare told me it was very normal for poos to take much longer to get than wee's.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD is the same. She just wont poo in the toilet. She does however ask for a nappy and do it in there so she knows she needs to go. If we dont give her a nappy and try the toilet then she just holds it in..... She can hold poos for days ....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    Dd2 has been in undies for about 3-4 weeks now (even longer at daycare). She will happily go to the toilet to do wees but wont for poo. She comes and tells me immediately after she has done it in her undies but its almost like she doesn't realise its happening until she has already done it.

Just wondering what other experiences have been, as I know its fairly common for them to be ok going to the toilet for wee but no poo. For those who have been here before, how long did take for your child to click?

me + he = dd1 (July 2007), dd2 (July 2010), dd3 (August 2012), dd4 (due May 2014) + sil (1997)
    This has been my DS for about 6 months. He's done poo on the toilet a few times, sometimes after already doing some in his pants. A couple of times he even took himself to the toilet to do it himself and we thought he'd turned a corner but no such luck Would love some magical advice too!

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dd1 took a long time. So long that I gave up, and asked her to ask me for a nappy when she needed to poo. This worked really well, she was in knickers 99% of the time and a nappy for 3 minutes once a day. We had to do that for 18 months until dd2 was toilet training, dd1 basically went "Oh so that's how you do it! " and started using the loo for poos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing. This has been my 2.5yo DS for the past 6 months.

We most recently tried a "poo present", which was kept high in the bathroom as inspiration for him. He did one poo in the potty for it, then straight back to doing it in his pants! He has the control - he waits until I'm in the shower before pooing his pants - he just won't co-operate.

lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    This was my DS at about 2.5 He would wait until I put a nappy on him for his bedtime and then do it.
    I tried everything sticker charts, bribery, games, books etc

In the end I got so frustrated (he had started taking his nappy off after doing a poo!!!) that I took his favourite toy off him and said he would get it back when he did a poo on the toilet. Worked a treat. I did it for 2-3days and then he was pooing on the toilet, haven't had an accident since.