+ Reply to Thread

Default Poo Fears. Again.

Hi, I haven't posted here for some time. I had a lot of TT dramas with DS1 (a year and a half of them!) and found a lot of great advice here, so I thought I had the TTing business down pat by the time my third came along. Apparently not!

DD is 3yo and is mostly toilet trained for #1's. She tend to leak a bit, realise she needs to go and hurries off to the toilet. MOST of the time, not always. I can cope with that, because she's slowly taking the initiative and getting to the loo by herself.

#2's are a whole other drama. She tells me she's scared of poos. She knows that poos go in the toilet, but if I ask her if she's going to sit on the toilet to do them, she just says no! At least she's honest. She does them in her undies instead. I was staying pretty calm at first, (this has been going on for months now) but I've lost my temper a few times and now instead of happily telling me she's done a poo in her undies, she hides . Getting to my witt's end. The ONLY thing that has worked so far is when her Nanny and Poppy told her she would get to have a sleepover at their house when she gets all her poos in the toilet. She did one on the toilet the next day, but none since then! I try to make poo time fun/funny, we wave at it, we do high-fives, stickers, lollies, chocolate. We even get the cat in to 'appreciate' the product (poor cat).

I can't remember what changed with DS1, so I can't even provide myself with the comfort that it will sort itself out - I can't remember what we did with him (most likely we have forever repressed those memories).

I would love some advice or ideas?
    Last edited by Darrietta; 30-03-2014 at 21:05. Reason: age