+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default OB question for Norwest Private NSW

Hi everyone,

This is is my first time posting here. We are having our first baby and trying to decide which ob to go with. We are planning on having it at Norwest private so any help and suggestions about OBs that work out of there would be much appreciated. Sorry to ask this again but for some reason I can't access the other post where they talked about this.

thanks in advance for any experiences you might be able to share.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congrats on your pregnancy. Most of the OBs at Norwest are great, I think it really comes down to who you feel most comfortable with.

I am having my second baby at Norwest with Dr Blumenthal, he's a great doctor - exactly the kind of Dr you want in an emergency - and has a really high attendance rate at his patients births. Some people don't like him though because he has quite a direct approach and isn't the kind of Dr that spends ages chit-chatting. He does have a sense of humour though and cares a lot about his patients.

I have also got close friends who had great experiences with Dr Wilson (of the 3 people I know who used him, 2 love him and one decided to go with someone else second time around), Dr Bell and Dr Jenkins.

It's a lovely hospital, I'm sure you'll have a great experience there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dr Bevan Brown is fantastic, highly recommend, Dr Bell is one to steer clear of IMO

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bel2466 View Post
    Dr Bevan Brown is fantastic, highly recommend, Dr Bell is one to steer clear of IMO
    I've heard good things about him too - but I think he's pretty expensive compared to the others, is that true? I had heard of a $5k pregnancy management fee?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    I've heard good things about him too - but I think he's pretty expensive compared to the others, is that true? I had heard of a $5k pregnancy management fee?
    I'm not too sure but it might be worth a call to his rooms. I thought from memory he was fairly comparable to other good ones in the area?