+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    What is his new proposal? I haven't heard anything about it. I live in a bubble where I can't even watch the news as peppa pig is constantly on...

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Same work test rules as per now, except 6 months at the woman's rate of pay capped ( at currently unknown figure) or minimum wage ( whatever is greater) instead of 18 weeks at minimum wage for everyone.
    The paid maternity leave as of March 2014 in also considered "work" so if you fell pregnant soon after giving birth you are still eligible.
    I believe that there is something about super contributions too

2. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (29-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So can anyone tell me what the current situation is for this? I had dd in 2011 when they still did the baby bonus in payments so I have been curious as to how it works now.

I work only 6hrs a week so think I'm out for the maternity leave thing. Not that we are even planning another one soon haha 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    18 weeks minimum pay

Thanks
    Reviews
    Work test for Parental Leave Pay
    To meet the Paid Parental Leave work test you must have:

worked for at least 10 of the 13 months before the birth or adoption of your child, and
    worked for at least 330 hours in that 10 month period (just over one day a week), with no more than an eight week gap between two consecutive working days
    If pregnancy complications or a premature birth have prevented you from meeting the work test, just let us know. There are some exceptions.

Activities that count as work
    A 'working day' is a day you have worked for at least one hour. You can count periods of paid leave towards the work test but periods of unpaid leave do not count.

If you are claiming for a child who will be born or adopted on or after 1 March 2014, you can also count any Paid Parental Leave or Dad and Partner Pay periods you have previously taken in the 13 months before the birth or adoption.

You do not need to be working full-time to be eligible for Parental Leave Pay. You may meet the work test even if you:

are a part-time, casual, or seasonal worker
    are a contractor or self-employed
    work in a family business
    have multiple employers
    have recently changed jobs
    have worked overseas
    If you work for a family business, you can include your hours of work even if the business is not making any income, providing you are doing the work for financial gain or benefit.

The following activities also count as work:

employment at an Australian Disability Enterprise
    operating a business while receiving assistance under the New Enterprise Incentive Scheme
    farm labour or operating a business while receiving an Exceptional Circumstances Relief Payment
    jury service, and
    defence reservist work
    Periods of workers’ or accident compensation (or similar payments in respect of employment) can also count as work.

Activities that do not count as work
    Periods of unpaid leave or voluntary work cannot be included as work.

If your child will be born or adopted before 1 March 2014, any time you solely received government-funded Parental Leave Pay does not count towards the work test, even if it was paid by your employer.

Activities undertaken for Work for the Dole (including Community Development Employment Projects for new participants), Green Corps, Drought Force, the National Green Jobs Corps and other income support programs that include a work component do not count as work.