Hello! We're excited to be relocating for my partner's work at the Wildlife Park. (Yay: animals animals animals! ) Can you please help with a couple of random questions I couldn't find answers to:
- Are rugs useful in Darwin? I know most places are tiled, but my 1-year old is still finding his feet so should we freight our rug?
- Could my fabric sofa be too warm for Darwin? I'm wondering if my beloved but scratchy upholstered L-shaped lounge is worth freighting too. Is it possible that it would be uncomfortable to sit on while dealing with tropical weather? If it's expensive to buy furniture we could move it and make do with a sheet/ canopy thrown over it.
- Are there any baby things that are tricky to find in NT? We're bringing the cot and pram, but hoping to buy a second hand bath and maybe high chair etc. Would I be better off bringing more stuff with me, or are prices for seconds fair up there?
(N.B. We'll be on a pretty tight budget and I imagine most of our dosh will go towards the ridiculous cost of renting, but I'm happy to buy second hand.)
- What do you think of living in Palmerston vs Humpty Doo?
- Any recommendations on community based childcare centres?
Quite a few questions! I'll add more as they crop up. Thanks in advance...