+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Opk and ovulation question!

Hi!

This is our first month trying to conceive and I have been peeing on the ovulation testing sticks as I have pcos and no idea when I ovulate. All the tests said that I had to get two lines equal darkness but my control line was always definitely darker than the test line. After a few days it went back to just control line only. Does this mean I ovulated? It was almost looked like I was gearing up for ovulation but then it never happened?? Any advice appreciated!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Would recommend when you start seeing two lines start having sex... Don't wait for them to be the same darkness... And keep having sex until you are only back to the control line... In this case you have already ovulated

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Soques For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (29-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Opks can be unreliable for people with pcos (I have pcos too). You can get false positives or never get a positive. I'd suggest not relying in them and try tracking basal body temperature instead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I don't have pcos but I found my test line never became equally dark or darker then the control line. It was always lighter. Must still be a reasonably reliable indicator as I'm currently 39 weeks pregnant. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! Just got my period in the middle of doing a pregnancy test so I guess that answers that question this month!

I've bought the clear blue digital monitor thing so hopefully that's a bit more reliable.

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have pcos and for the last c25 days all my tests have looked like this.
    I had a blood test on day 21, my progesterone level is low which indicates I haven't ovulated
    The sticks don't work for me, I will be exhausted if I was to have sex with all these strong readings

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    I came on to ask a similiar question! I had internet cheapies and my line was fainter than the control line Wed, Thursday, Friday and now back to control line only, but in addition to the faint lines I had CM to indicate O. We DTD Thursday & Friday so FX. I am CD16 atm - if the faint lines are positive, is DTD 12-24 hrs later enough? This is my first cycle using OPKs and honestly I'm just confused!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkyPies View Post
    I came on to ask a similiar question! I had internet cheapies and my line was fainter than the control line Wed, Thursday, Friday and now back to control line only, but in addition to the faint lines I had CM to indicate O. We DTD Thursday & Friday so FX. I am CD16 atm - if the faint lines are positive, is DTD 12-24 hrs later enough? This is my first cycle using OPKs and honestly I'm just confused!!

Hopefully you caught the egg and FX! But in my experience even the faint lines are positive.. They indicate the surge and to me that's your green light! Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I actually got a darker line Sunday & yesterday but only DTD Sunday.. haven't checked today. Using the OPKs is actually stressing me out more! I had increased CM CD14 &CD15 and I've fallen pregnant twice (one child, one ectopic) both on CD14 however OPKs from CD14 weren't clearly positive. I'm definitely overthinking and stressing!!