+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Best Fisher Price/ Mattel toys

Hi everyone, I have tix for the Mattel factory sale in Melb this weekend. I have a newborn bub and I want to stock up on toys for him for his first year or so.
    I have no idea which toys to buy. So far he has a pile of Lamaze toys, a play mat, a swing with a mobile over it and that's about it. What Fisher Price toys are the best? Is it a good idea to buy a baby gym or activity centre or are they just not worth it for the space they take up?
    thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't own a swing or activity centre do can't comment on that.

Some of the fisher price toys my kids enjoyed included:
    Cookie jar shape sorter
    Crocodile pull along xylophone
    Noisy type toys with flashing lights and lots of buttons
    Doctor play set

I wouldn't get too many things for a young baby as they aren't really into toys but more for age 1 year plus. Hope you find some good stuff !

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jontu For This Useful Post:

Mod-biscotti  (28-03-2014)

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I actually think a newborn bub doesn't use many toys and you sound as though you have it covered with what you have really. Lots of books (never too young to introduce a love for reading) and you're set!
    But if you see some well priced toddler toys, like really well priced, I would buy some of those. My toddlers loved the Little People farm, Little People house etc, the phone, shape sorter, instruments, the doctor set, and this really bizarre chicken race game that they absolutely loved!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS has lots of fisher price toys (he's 10 months). His favorite is toys with bits, like stacking rings / a fish bowl etc.

Before he has the coordination to pull the fish out or pull the rings off he liked the steering wheel and toys that made lots of noise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The Fisher Price Piggy Bank has been very popular here with kids and visitors.
    The donut stacker

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I had quite forgotten the iconic popper - all of my kids loved this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you're stocking up for when he's an older bub, then definitely something in the little people range -- my now 2 year old has been playing with little people toys since about 10 months & still does! We have the Noah's arc, the boat, a truck & the 'garage' set - he loves them all!

The donut stacker is also a good one for motor skills etc.

And if you haven't gotten any, is suggest getting some bath toys too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have been really fortunate with being gifted toys from Fisher Price to check out, my boy is now 10mo and daughter 2.5yo. There's a few things that have had regular use - the Calming Vibrations Soother, it lives in my daughter's bed and she listens to it throughout the night if she wakes up. Honestly saves us getting up sometimes (not all of the time though).
    - Laugh & Learn Puppy's Smart Stages train, both kids love it. Lots of songs and it moves along and has bits to spin and rattle.
    and last but not least the Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Puppy, again lots of different songs and buttons to press.
    I like to have the basics around too - building blocks, a doll but for toys with bells and whistles, I've been pretty happy with these.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD1 got this from my IL's for Christmas nearly 18 months ago & she still plays with it nearly every day!
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1461906365.104580.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another vote for the 'little people' toys. My DD has animals and a farm set and she plays with them every day.