Hi. My name is Mandy and I am a researcher at the University of Queensland in Brisbane. As part of my PhD, I am conducting a study that evaluates how useful Baby Triple P is. Baby Triple P is a parenting program for pregnant mums and dads and aims to prepare new parents for their new bundle of joy.
Eligible parents allocated to this group (50/50 chance) will receive the program and all materials (i.e. Baby Triple P book) completely FREE of charge. The other group will receive the book and a seminar for free when the baby is 6 months old.
I am looking for:
- pregnant mums between weeks 20 and 35 of pregnancy expecting their first baby, and their partners
- who live in the Brisbane area
The Project involves: (if eligible)
• 3 ONLINE questionnaires https://exp.psy.uq.edu.au/baby/
• They take about 25 minutes to fill out
• Once now during pregnancy and twice after the baby is born (at 10 weeks and 6 months of age)
• After completing the first survey, the website will automatically tell you whether you're eligible or not
• 2 home visits to see how you are going with your new baby
• Taking part in Baby Triple P program: 4x 2 hour group sessions during pregnancy that teach you lots of skills and knowledge on Baby Behaviours and development, how to develop a positive relationship with your baby and teach you baby new things, deal with crying and sleeping problems, how to look after yourself as a parent and of your couple relationship, etc.
• 4 individual telephone consultations after you have had your baby to help you put the strategies into practice
• No risks involved (Approved by Human Ethics Committee)
• Classes start again in January 2015
If you are experiencing any difficulties in your life (in any form), are worried or concerned about the changes that will come with having a baby and transitioning to parenthood or are stressed about all there is to do as a parent, then this program will be ideal in providing you with all the information and skills to cope with the challenges you may experience when you bring your hub home.
It is hoped that this study will help new mums and dads feel more confident and competent as parents, maintain a happy relationship with each other, and of course promote have happy, healthy babies who have fewer crying and sleeping problems.
Please go to the website for more detailed information https://exp.psy.uq.edu.au/baby
This study will close recruitment at the end of March 2015.
Please sign up now and tell your pregnant friends about it! I rely on you to help me complete my PhD.
Thank you so much!
Baby Triple P Project Coordinator
Parenting and Family Support Centre
University of Queensland
St Lucia QLD 4067
Phone: 07 3365 8870