+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Seeking breastmilk for 10 week old baby who has had none. Can you help?

Hello
    Thanks for stopping by.
    I am hoping to find a Mum/s who produce too much breastmilk or have excess frozen breastmilk they could donate or do an exchange for things for your baby.
    After major surgery, the medication I am on means my breastmilk is not safe for my baby.
    She has had some frozen donor milk, but absolutely no fresh breastmilk. During pregnancy she was exposed to 4 rounds of strong antibiotics and general anaesthesia,so fresh breastmilk would be particularly beneficial in repairing her gut.
    I have nearly no frozen breastmilk left.

If there are any kind Mum's out there who may be able to help her please message me.
    I can collect from you anywhere in Brisbane or Gold/Sunshine Coast.
    Thanks very much
    Fiona

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fiona there is a group on FB called Human milk for human babies (or HM4HB) and there is a QLD or Brisbane group.

This is how I found someone to donate to 2yrs ago and she fed her son on only donated breast milk for the first 12 months! Amazing 😃

Good luck, I'll try to come back with a link xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mrswhitehouse For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (28-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Be careful about accepting breastmilk outside of an authorized organisation. There are health risks in accepting unscreened breastmilk.

Good luck..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    http://hm4hb.net/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Human...87732937932439

Also, check with https://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bf-...on-medications You might find your meds are ok, or there are alternatives you can take that are ok with breastfeeding.
    Last edited by Bubbles10; 28-03-2014 at 13:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone
    Thanks for your posts. The medication I take is on the list as not safe for breastfeeding unfortunately.
    I have tried Human Milk 4 human babies but no responses yet.
    Because of the antibiotics my baby received in utero and all the general anaesthetic drugs, my Obgyn said that breastmilk is particularly important to heal her gut. It is such a shame that I cannot give her what she most needs.
    I hope that I can find some mums with spare breastmilk so her long term health is not compromised. So far she has had non-stop colds and croup, so really hoping to also find some fresh breastmilk.
    If you have any spare breastmilk or are able to express a little extra for her it would be most gratefully received.
    I appreciate that expressing takes time, so happy to give things for your baby/family in return