Closed Thread
Page 97 of 99 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Can someone who has used neupogen tell me what is written on the box please. Do the vials come in a standard dose? I'm having so much trouble with my pharmacy in Brisbane!!! They made me send back the syringes they incorrectly ordered in and were going to put them in vials for me but now they say they can't as they called the manufacturer and they said not to. So I still have ten useless syringes I paid $1400 for ugh!!!!

They stuffed all of this up and trying to blame me when Dr M's script clearly said vials. They say it takes a month to get the vials in but I can't wait that long as I'm cycling soon. Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by soclose View Post
    Can someone who has used neupogen tell me what is written on the box please. Do the vials come in a standard dose? I'm having so much trouble with my pharmacy in Brisbane!!! They made me send back the syringes they incorrectly ordered in and were going to put them in vials for me but now they say they can't as they called the manufacturer and they said not to. So I still have ten useless syringes I paid $1400 for ugh!!!!

They stuffed all of this up and trying to blame me when Dr M's script clearly said vials. They say it takes a month to get the vials in but I can't wait that long as I'm cycling soon. Thanks!
    Get them to prepare the neupogen in pre-filled syringes for u. I think u said you were on 50mcg so that means they take each 300mcg syringe and spilt the dose into 6 syringes for you. I bought 10x300mcg vials and syringes it up myself but I know several of the Melbourne ladies got Slade Pharmacy in Melbourne to prepare prefilled syringes with their exact dose. If they are a compounding pharmacy they should have no problem doing this.

finally if for some reason they are not a compounding pharmacy and they are unable to do this then if you gave syringes with 300mcg then read the volume of how much liquid is in a syringe and divide by 6 and just inject that amount each day and recap the syringe ie 6 doses in 1 syringe. If u want to post or PM me a photo of the label on your Neupogen and the syringe and i will look at it. I know when I started it Dr M said if I got the syringe instead of the vials then I woukd just have to do a bit from the syringe each day so what u got is usable but it might be easier just to get it all done up in prefilled syringes of your 50mcg dose.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

soclose  (12-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Only issue with handling Neupogen is not to shake it up or leave it out of fridge. No reason a qualified pharmacies cannot split it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhulaine View Post
    Get them to prepare the neupogen in pre-filled syringes for u. I think u said you were on 50mcg so that means they take each 300mcg syringe and spilt the dose into 6 syringes for you. I bought 10x300mcg vials and syringes it up myself but I know several of the Melbourne ladies got Slade Pharmacy in Melbourne to prepare prefilled syringes with their exact dose. If they are a compounding pharmacy they should have no problem doing this.

finally if for some reason they are not a compounding pharmacy and they are unable to do this then if you gave syringes with 300mcg then read the volume of how much liquid is in a syringe and divide by 6 and just inject that amount each day and recap the syringe ie 6 doses in 1 syringe. If u want to post or PM me a photo of the label on your Neupogen and the syringe and i will look at it. I know when I started it Dr M said if I got the syringe instead of the vials then I woukd just have to do a bit from the syringe each day so what u got is usable but it might be easier just to get it all done up in prefilled syringes of your 50mcg dose.
    Thank you so so much xx. Yep my dose is 50 micrograms. They are a compounding pharmacy but told me they couldn't open the syringes as the manufacturer said they wouldn't be sterile and all this other stuff which I can't remember.

It's a holiday in Brisbane tomorrow but I will ring Thursday and see if they will split them up for me. I can't believe this is so hard! It's doing my head in as I have no idea about all of this. Thanks again for all of your help. I can't get a photo yet as they have the prefilled syringes. I mailed them back. Cold of course!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by soclose View Post
    Thank you so so much xx. Yep my dose is 50 micrograms. They are a compounding pharmacy but told me they couldn't open the syringes as the manufacturer said they wouldn't be sterile and all this other stuff which I can't remember.

It's a holiday in Brisbane tomorrow but I will ring Thursday and see if they will split them up for me. I can't believe this is so hard! It's doing my head in as I have no idea about all of this. Thanks again for all of your help. I can't get a photo yet as they have the prefilled syringes. I mailed them back. Cold of course!
    Just tell them you are happy for them to open them and make them up in pre-filled syringes of 50mcg then. They will have no problem working out the 50mcg they are just worried about opening them. Logically most of us are opening vials and puting them in syringes ourselves so they are coming in contact with air but only once and it will be the same for your syringes. As I said Slade will put them in the pre-filled syringes for you. You might actually end up saving money as I know Slade charges etc for doing this but in your case they just want to sort out your order without having to return it.
    Technically the syringes will have a shorter shelf life as unopened vials are close to 2years but your going to be using yours soon anyway and if you get pregnant you will be reordering.mif you get a BFP make sure you have enough.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

soclose  (13-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had an appointment scheduled with Dr M for Thursday week, to go through my test results but had to reschedule it for another week due to work committments. As much as I want the results there's no rush now as I've just found out today that I've secured an egg donor, however she's not available until the end of Jan/Feb next year, so I have a bit of time to sort out my protocol.
    A little worried that I'll be told I need IVIG and they won't be able to do it in South Africa like they do intrilipds. Oh well, I'll cross that bridge when and if I come to it.
    You girls are scaring me if I need neuprogen!:-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I'm currently undergoing IVF/ICSI. Known issues are MTHFR Heterozygous C677T.
    AMH = 9.0 Dec 2013.
    Turned 40 last March.

I've had 4 cycles, and all but one cycle resulted in an actual egg transfer. I am taking a plethora of supplements.

Prior to starting IVF, we were able to conceive naturally 2011 and 2012. Tested 2012 d&c and, result came back with trisonomy 14.

Back to IVF, cycle#1 - 1 embie, immature
    cycle#2 - 5 embies, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred, no frosties.
    cycle#3 - 2 embies, both immature
    cycle#4 - 4 embies, 3 immature, 1 failed to progress after fertilization

I've heard of NK cells, and my understanding is, it "attacks" the fertilized embie, because it is "foreign". In my instance, I am not even able to produce good quality embies that make it through to fertilization and transfer. Is NK cells worth exploring?

Thank you.
    Last edited by hope168; 13-08-2014 at 15:35. Reason: correct spelling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhulaine View Post
    Just tell them you are happy for them to open them and make them up in pre-filled syringes of 50mcg then. They will have no problem working out the 50mcg they are just worried about opening them. Logically most of us are opening vials and puting them in syringes ourselves so they are coming in contact with air but only once and it will be the same for your syringes. As I said Slade will put them in the pre-filled syringes for you. You might actually end up saving money as I know Slade charges etc for doing this but in your case they just want to sort out your order without having to return it.
    Technically the syringes will have a shorter shelf life as unopened vials are close to 2years but your going to be using yours soon anyway and if you get pregnant you will be reordering.mif you get a BFP make sure you have enough.
    Thanks so much. I'm going to tell them
    Exactly what you said when I ring tomorrow morning. I don't know how I would have done all of this without your help. It is appreciated greatly. Fingers crossed!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sagi View Post
    I had an appointment scheduled with Dr M for Thursday week, to go through my test results but had to reschedule it for another week due to work committments. As much as I want the results there's no rush now as I've just found out today that I've secured an egg donor, however she's not available until the end of Jan/Feb next year, so I have a bit of time to sort out my protocol.
    A little worried that I'll be told I need IVIG and they won't be able to do it in South Africa like they do intrilipds. Oh well, I'll cross that bridge when and if I come to it.
    You girls are scaring me if I need neuprogen!:-)
    Congrats on finding your donor. It's so exciting when you first start off on a donor cycle. Did you find about ivig in SA?

Haha don't worry about the neupogen. I'm sure nobody else will have all the confusion and muck ups I've had lol.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to soclose For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (13-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hope168 View Post
    Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I'm currently undergoing IVF/ICSI. Known issues are MTHFR Heterozygous C677T.
    AMH = 9.0 Dec 2013.
    Turned 40 last March.

I've had 4 cycles, and all but one cycle resulted in an actual egg transfer. I am taking a plethora of supplements.

Prior to starting IVF, we were able to conceive naturally 2011 and 2012. Tested 2012 d&c and, result came back with trisonomy 14.

Back to IVF, cycle#1 - 1 embie, immature
    cycle#2 - 5 embies, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred, no frosties.
    cycle#3 - 2 embies, both immature
    cycle#4 - 4 embies, 3 immature, 1 failed to progress after fertilization

I've heard of NK cells, and my understanding is, it "attacks" the fertilized embie, because it is "foreign". In my instance, I am not even able to produce good quality embies that make it through to fertilization and transfer. Is NK cells worth exploring?

Thank you.
    Welcome Hope. Absolutely worth getting further testing with Dr Matthias. He is the best at immune issues. I don't have mthfr but other ladies here do. Your AMH is really good for 41. Mine was <0.1 in my thirties. Did your fs say anything about egg quality? A lot of us older girls have resorted to egg donation and in my case embryo donation. I spent years using my woeful eggs an I regret that so much now.

You'll find heaps of info and support from all the lovely girls here