Closed Thread
Page 94 of 99 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @soclose, I'm just getting my neupogen through a pharmacy in WA. I called a few of the big chains and got quotes. All that I called could get it but did have to order it in specially. I'd call some big chain pharmacies in QLD and try them.
    Let me know if you don't have any luck and I'll PM you details of WA pharmacy-I'd think you have more luck of east coast tho!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know what the normal percentage range for cd56 and cd57 is in the blood I can't seem to find a normal ref range anywhere

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13
    4rounds of clomid with BFN
    5th cycle of clomid chemical pregnancy

Started IVF jan 2014

1st IVF Jan 2014: @WFC antagonist cycle started, cancelled day 9 due to over stimulation, 60+ follicles.

2ND IVF March 2014: Next generation fertility ,Antagonist cycle, chemical pregnancy!!!!!

*DIAGNOSED WITH HIGH UTERINE NK CELLS

3rd: 1st FET May2014, started intralipids for the first time due to high NK cells in the uterus

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by soclose View Post
    Sorry for the me post.

Nidhulaine I need your help again sorry! Or anyone who can help

I received my neupogen today and its not in vials it came in prefilled syringes. The box says neupogen single use 300mcg/0.5ml. Quantity 10.

I'm freaking out because Dr M called me and said they are vials.

Can someone help please?
    I haven't used the syringes as I vialed up my own but if the syringe says 300mcg in 0.5ml then you could just inject the syringe multiple times.

so say your on 60mcg ie 60/300 so 5 injections per syringe, so you get 5 doses per syringe and 5/0.5ml = 0.1ml on the syringe.

The only thing is you will have to be careful to only inject the 0.1ml although it doesn't matter if your a little bit off. If it looks too hard to do this then maybe you should see if you can exchange it for the vials?

What dose are you suppose to be taking?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

soclose  (07-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ladybug14 View Post
    @soclose, I'm just getting my neupogen through a pharmacy in WA. I called a few of the big chains and got quotes. All that I called could get it but did have to order it in specially. I'd call some big chain pharmacies in QLD and try them.
    Let me know if you don't have any luck and I'll PM you details of WA pharmacy-I'd think you have more luck of east coast tho!
    ladybug generally the Neupogen is not in stock and it's find if they can get it in, usually takes about a week but just make sure if you get a BFP that you reorder quickly as you can't stop taking it till 10 weeks.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

ladybug14  (06-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't really help with the dosages etc, however once during a cycle I didn't have the right needles to fit a particular pre-filled syringe. I was at my sister's and she lives literally 1 minute from the local hospital, so I took the lot to the emergency department, and they were excellent - they got a doctor, who looked at the syringes and dosages, went and looked up a conversion table, got me the right sized needles and extra empty syringes and wrote it down for me. All I had to do was panic a bit, and they were so good. I didn't wait more than 5 minutes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Wow Bertie. we r sort of medicating ourselves. I am not sure if it is a good or bad thing. DrM only starts me with 400mg progesterone from the day of transfer but since 400mg x2 worked for me from the day after EPU last time, I am doing it. My progesterone came up as a nice value on my last BT on saturday. Ya, took your advice, started the clexane late last night. I figure it wont hurt going on the flight, which I think ppl take it to prevent DVT.

I read the clexane info. If by weight, I would have been on 80 rather than 40. I weight less than u too. But 80 seems incredible high. It says 20 for low risk, 40 for high risk. I think it needs a fine balance between suppressing the immune system and not so much. DrM says that eg T4 and T8 are the good ones but still need balance.

Yes FS asked about intralipid just before my ET. FS has no problem for me doing it. FS knows that I am doing everything at this point. Again, reminded me that it is experimental. I almost wanted to ask about the trials but FS was cross-checking with all my meds and set the reminder. i didnt really want to delay the ET so just left it as that. I bet everyone is happy to do the transfer but I am still a bit in a heavy/down mood. If anything, a bit teary.

Another thing i tried this time is pre and post transfer acupuncture. Post acupuncture seems more important and needs to be done at a certain time frame. They explained to me what the function is before and after. Unfortunately, I was 30mins later than scheduled because $@xs front desk wont give me the preg BT referral without FS verbal ok. They just didnt trust me. I actually waited 1/2 hr and left without it. I will see GP next week anyway. I knew FS went straight to the theatre afterward. Anyway, it has been an interesting experience with the acupuncture. Gosh...i hate needles but decided to give it a go. I think blood flow to uterus cant hurt and it supposes to prevent contraction.
    hey bb, I'm so sorry its been so bloddy tough for you. Cry as much as you want I say - it's been an incredibly tough ride for you xo

I think we all do a bit of "self-medicating" from what we learn ourselves and each other. I figure if its not a known risk to us or baby, and has helped others.... I would def recommend the acupuncture - when I got severe ohss I was so swollen and sore with sciatic pain that FS wasn't going to do transfer. I did an acupuncture and it helped with the pain and swelling and meant I could do the transfer and get this far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhulaine View Post
    Kiwi76 just a thought on the slowing of the growth of your little bub. I was in Hurstville the other week for what will hopefully be my last IVIG @ 22 weeks but when I was talking to one of the nurses she told me they had a lady in recently doing infusions @ 32 weeks where I had always thought Dr M didn't do infusions usually after 24 wks. Now the fact this lady was doing infusions must have ment she was having either an immune flare up or her surface marker results had never come down far enough throughout her pregnancy. Was wondering if maybe doing an infusion would calm your immune system and maybe help bubs growth? I do know in early pregnancies the hcg jumps after IVIG as the immune system is no longer working against placenta growth and function. For myself I have high ANAs 1/640 which I know are not only a risk in early pregnancy but also later on (preeclampsia, stillbirth, growth problems) and Dr M told me that even though I am off the steroids the IVIG infusion in my system will keep them under control. Just wondering if another infusion would be of any benefit in your case?

Thanks Nidhulaine - you're so right on the late pregnancy issues from auto-immune probs. i think after holding my breath for the whole pregnancy i kind of then relaxed too soon when we got to 24wks and then got a shock 2wks ago that baby not really grown since. Feel like i jinxed bub! My antiphospholid antibodies still high so Dr M had me do a final IVIg at 28wks but said now nothing else to do but the clexane. I'll ask him via email if i should just do another ivig to be safe. I had another scan today and bub still not growing much but blood flow/amniotic fluid still ok. and so Dr M said to go to hospital for weekly CGT to monitor baby more closely. I'm still hoping baby will hang on and be ok till at least 36wks.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwi76 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (07-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @kiwi76: given we have had such a tough time, we wont stop worrying until the bub arrives. Hope DrM gives you some answers.

I suffered (probably still) from depression when I lost the bub and my job wasn't going well. I am trying to focus on this embie now than grieving the lost. I was told that it is unusual to grieve for that long. Depression is probably part of it. I refused the anti-depressant athough DrM thinks is ok. Try to be positive at this point......yes, I will go back for my weekly acupuncture until BT.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi76 View Post
    Thanks Nidhulaine - you're so right on the late pregnancy issues from auto-immune probs. i think after holding my breath for the whole pregnancy i kind of then relaxed too soon when we got to 24wks and then got a shock 2wks ago that baby not really grown since. Feel like i jinxed bub! My antiphospholid antibodies still high so Dr M had me do a final IVIg at 28wks but said now nothing else to do but the clexane. I'll ask him via email if i should just do another ivig to be safe. I had another scan today and bub still not growing much but blood flow/amniotic fluid still ok. and so Dr M said to go to hospital for weekly CGT to monitor baby more closely. I'm still hoping baby will hang on and be ok till at least 36wks.
    Another thing too is are u still on the clexene, often Dr M puts you back on it if there is any sign of growth restriction. Glad to here u had an IVIG @ 28 weeks especially as it's proven to work for APA. I have my first growth scan at 24 weeks on Monday so now is my time to start watching. My daughter 4yrs ago was 4.3kg so if this baby looks anyway small I will be pushing for more meds.
    Keep in contact with dr M and get him to do the surface markers again so u can see whether it's the APAs or immune cells acting up. Really hope you sorted soon as it's such a stressful position to be in but keep pushing for scans and meds

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Hi there I'm just wondering when you all found out about high NK cells - how long it took before you got a test for it, whether it took a long time to convince your FS to test you for it and whether there are any markers or diagnostic criteria for it besides miscarriages?