Closed Thread
Page 93 of 99 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Bbhope.... the next Intrallipid would be straight after your BFP, then every 4 weeks or so after that :-)) Dr M also has me on 25mg Prednisolone, but 25mg before ET and 30mg after ET.

AFM.... I went and saw my FS today (Prof I at IVFA) and made a plan for our next FET:
    - FS said to keep Clexane at 40, even though Dr M has said to increase it to 60 (so will be going with 60)
    - FS said to keep Aspirin 100, though Dr M has said not to do that, as we're doing increased Clexane (so will not do aspirin)
    - FS said to do Pregnyl x 3 (to help boost natural progesterone) first injection two days before FET, then other two on d2 and d5 after FET
    - FS said not to do progesterone pessaries, but Dr M says 400 per day (so will be doing them)
    - FS and Dr M both say do the endo scratch, so booked that in for d21 with FS
    - FS won't test me for NKC CD57 (he says it doesn't give any info, even though I told him it's the ratio between CD56 and CD57 that's important, but I think he didn't know that). Dr M would have liked that, so will phone G tomorrow and see what she says about getting Dr M to do this, since FS won't
    - FS says Intrallipids are "snake oil", and went on and on about no research or stats etc (he sure doesn't know how much reading I've done, and that I've been having it for the past four cycles!!). Any other patient would have left it there, but because Bubhubbers have said that IVFA are doing trials I pushed the issue, and eventually he agreed that IVFA have been discussing it, but that's as far as he would go. When I started talking about IVIG, it was clear that he really didn't know a lot, as he kept on about none of that working. In the end, I said, "well they give IVIG plasma infusions for cancer patients, leukemia etc, so it must do something." Anyhow, no win there, but hopefully I've paved the way for others to follow. (so will be doing IVIG with Dr M)

Well, I think that was it.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

kiwi76  (06-08-2014),PreciousHeart  (05-08-2014),SimpsonDesert  (06-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by miissalina View Post
    Just got home and the biopsy for cd56+ is >500/mm2 equivalent to an endometrial stromal cell density of 47.7% to me that's all jiberish but it puts me in the 75th percentile I also have high cd163+ macrophage cell count but I don't no what that means and I can't find it anywhere dr m hopefully will no tomoro also ANA retested and results are now 1:640 so they've doubled in two months but the gp says she doesn't trust it because it was through a diff pathology company she doesn't trust them so will have that re done at the place I had it done at in the first place what were ur levels for cd56?

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13
    4rounds of clomid with BFN
    5th cycle of clomid chemical pregnancy

Started IVF jan 2014

1st IVF Jan 2014: @WFC antagonist cycle started, cancelled day 9 due to over stimulation, 60+ follicles.

2ND IVF March 2014: Next generation fertility ,Antagonist cycle, chemical pregnancy!!!!!

*DIAGNOSED WITH HIGH UTERINE NK CELLS

3rd: 1st FET May2014, started intralipids for the first time due to high NK cells in the uterus
    Hey there I just checked my inbox and replied! Did you find outwhat the cd163 thing is?

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC Bertie you go girl!!!! Awesome post, snake oil indeed...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (06-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Go Bertie! Jolly scary when the patients know more than the Drs! Hope the plan is your golden ticket to a BFP this time.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (06-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow Bertie. we r sort of medicating ourselves. I am not sure if it is a good or bad thing. DrM only starts me with 400mg progesterone from the day of transfer but since 400mg x2 worked for me from the day after EPU last time, I am doing it. My progesterone came up as a nice value on my last BT on saturday. Ya, took your advice, started the clexane late last night. I figure it wont hurt going on the flight, which I think ppl take it to prevent DVT.

I read the clexane info. If by weight, I would have been on 80 rather than 40. I weight less than u too. But 80 seems incredible high. It says 20 for low risk, 40 for high risk. I think it needs a fine balance between suppressing the immune system and not so much. DrM says that eg T4 and T8 are the good ones but still need balance.

Yes FS asked about intralipid just before my ET. FS has no problem for me doing it. FS knows that I am doing everything at this point. Again, reminded me that it is experimental. I almost wanted to ask about the trials but FS was cross-checking with all my meds and set the reminder. i didnt really want to delay the ET so just left it as that. I bet everyone is happy to do the transfer but I am still a bit in a heavy/down mood. If anything, a bit teary.

Another thing i tried this time is pre and post transfer acupuncture. Post acupuncture seems more important and needs to be done at a certain time frame. They explained to me what the function is before and after. Unfortunately, I was 30mins later than scheduled because $@xs front desk wont give me the preg BT referral without FS verbal ok. They just didnt trust me. I actually waited 1/2 hr and left without it. I will see GP next week anyway. I knew FS went straight to the theatre afterward. Anyway, it has been an interesting experience with the acupuncture. Gosh...i hate needles but decided to give it a go. I think blood flow to uterus cant hurt and it supposes to prevent contraction.
    Last edited by bbhope; 05-08-2014 at 23:09.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (06-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for the me post.

Nidhulaine I need your help again sorry! Or anyone who can help

I received my neupogen today and its not in vials it came in prefilled syringes. The box says neupogen single use 300mcg/0.5ml. Quantity 10.

I'm freaking out because Dr M called me and said they are vials.

Can someone help please?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @soclose, I think you can still actually draw from the prefilled syringes-that was what I was told by the nurses at my GP anyway. Maybe call a pharmacy and ask.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

soclose  (06-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladybug. Just waiting for the pharmacy to call back. The syringes have way more in them than I need to inject. They tried to tell me you couldn't buy the vials anymore. Confused!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh really? I haven't ordered mine yet so I guess I'll find out soon too! When is your FET @soclose? How much Neupogen has Dr M put you on? He said for me to try and get 6-7 syringes out of 300mcg and I'm 65kgs....an extra 5 thanks to all the steroids of late!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladybug I'm just trying to sort all my meds out before I start. As soon as I get this sorted I can start.

Dr M said I should get 5 to 6 syringes from mine. I'm heavier than you lol. So 300 microgram in a vial and my dose is 50 micrograms. I think that's right! Not sure how to measure out the dose still but need to get a refund on these syringes first.

Can you tell me where you get it from please in case I can't source it in Qld. Thanks so much x