Closed Thread
Page 9 of 99 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry to hear Frances! It never is easy.

My last appt with DrM. He said the NK cell biopsy can be done after day 20. I am yet to book in. Waiting AF to arrive so i can be sure when is day 20 next month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got my results but they wouldn't give me a copy. They didn't really understand the results or what they ment so couldn't explain anything to me. All I got out of them was that the mine were 14 and that it should be below 10. Does this make sense to anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    PreciousHeart.... I'm also interested in Dr Benny doing the Intralipids, but for a different reason, as last time Dr M's intrallipid was changed from the Sat night to the Sun night, and apart from being a pain to get up early for work on the Mon, if that happens this time, I'll be annoyed, as I have tickets on the Sun to the Lion King. I booked them 6 months ago, and particularly booked the Sun so it wouldn't clash with intrallipids. But how can he do it in 3-4 hours? Dr M has check in 2pm and usually don't finish until 10pm.

Cloudbabies... that doesn't make sense. You should get a copy of results if you ask for them - perhaps be a bit more forceful about that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Cloudbabies: what result are u referring to?

So Dr M works on weekend? Did he do the biopsy on weekend too? Or only for intralipid?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, thank you for all comments with regards to the SCH, I was so stressed this morning about flying this weekend I asked Dr M to refer me for a scan today. The scan showed no SCH today, so fingers crossed its gone for good!!!

I feel so much better about flying to Sydney this weekend now.

In regards to intralipids in perth I have spoken to lady who is getting them done here but asked me to wait few months before approaching him, as he is getting very nervous about doing it and having more than 1 or 2 people at a time. I don't think intralipids are strictly legal in WA unfortunately. Its like living in the dark ages here!
    Thank you again ladies. Anyone else getting intralipids/ivig this weekend with Dr M???
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dr M just infuses them
    More slowly which is why his takes longer. Very interesting re: de Benny & intralipids as he is my FS and wasn't keen for me to do immune protocol. I went for my viability scan (after 6 failed cycles with him!) and asked him if he still thought the immune protocol was a waste of my time and money and he said there's no proof you're pregnant bc of immune drugs. YOu can't win with them.
    Last edited by Bella978; 05-04-2014 at 10:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bella978 - my clinic are the same this was my fifth transfer of perfect grade 1 embryos. They were still telling me it was my egg quality probably. I believe it was no coincidence that this was my first with immune treatment even though the clinic says sometimes these things just take time.

I think a lot of FS just rubbish the idea because they have no desire to look into it because they are so busy and making so much money just doing the basic protocols. My clinic are so busy they are taking on new doctors at an extraordinary rate and are making a lot of money! why would they need to look into anything new?!!! Well that's how it appears to me anyway! X

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsEmilyS For This Useful Post:

Bella978  (05-04-2014),Chiefsgirl  (05-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes ladies I agree re the aversion to intralipids by our FSes... thank goodness for Dr M and the few that do it... you just have to look after yourself it seems in Australia re this issue, keep informed, educated, asking questions and get what you want... I am very active at telling people to look into it when I hear they are not being successful at even a young age with donor eggs... what can they blame it on then???! People must think I'm a pain in the neck, spruiking for immune treatment and seeing Dr M but I don't care, if it lessens someone's heartache and gets them a baby, that's my goal in talking about it a lot.

Cloudbabies, next time you get a referral form for bloods etc, put your name and address on the form as the additional recipient of results. Also they HAVE to give you a copy of your results, I'm sure it would be illegal not to, so just force the issue, say you'll have to talk to some Govt authority about them if they don't! I've forgotten, is it Dr M or someone else?

bella, yes even my FS at Genea knows that Benny does them now, not sure when he started! also 2 docs at Genea Kent St have done intralipids recently (forced to I believe ) but he wouldn't tell me who... Plus yes MCG it is shorter time cause he doesn't do the fluid infusions before and after, maybe that is why it's shorter? I dunno... really you'd think we were asking for voodoo medicine the way they carry on about it!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies, I've often thought it would be so useful to have a spreadsheet of everyone's results, treatments and notes etc to look at... what do you think of a google doc that we could all write on, if I create a spreadsheet??? is it too "out there" to do that, or could it be accessed for the wrong reasons etc so we shouldn't do it? I just find that I get so confused with what everyone has done, and for newbies, newbies, like we all were once, always ask the same questions so it would be a great resource... what do you think??? Am I crazy, is it allowed???

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (08-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it is a great idea! We could have it uploaded somewhere with a password?

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (05-04-2014)