Closed Thread
Page 81 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss sagi- that is confusing. What I think is weird is I know others in my family with auto immune issues but they had babies easily. Some of us are just unlucky that way but hopefully we will get off light with other immune related issues. The NK cells in the uterus at high levels is considered category 5 by Dr Beer. Have you read his book? I suspect I have the same thing as I only get pregnant the month after a d&c. Have you ever tried refreshing the environment though a clearing of the uterus? Dr M told me that he has a few patients like me who get pregnant after these procedures.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowy12 For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (25-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MGC Bertie, don't give up yet, not til blood test!!! Great you've got a plan I place seeing Dr M so soon - was it a day 3 or 5 transfer? Xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (25-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MGC Bertie, don't give up yet, not til blood test!!! Was it a day 3 or 5 transfer? Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sagi View Post
    Oh girls, more lows than highs on this forum at the moment, the tide is surely to change soon.

MGC Bertie, fingers crossed things change for you in the next few days.

Snowy, good luck with the immune protocol.

I had my appt today with Dr M, firstly he agreed donor eggs are the way to go for me, guessing this is because of my age, then he went through the immune tests I'd already had done. I think it's probably worse than what I thought. I knew I had MTHFR homo and very high CD57 at 50mm/2 (he actually commented this is really high), but I didn't realise I also have high ANA. Apparently 80:1 is ok in normal life but is considered high in the IVF world and to top it off he wants to test me for PCOS which no-one has ever mentioned or tested me for in the 2yrs of doing IVF.

BBhope, I also have never had implantation and don't have endo with periods as regular as ever. God, this immune crap is crushing to all of us, why are we the unlucky ones!

Anyway, hes sending me off for more tests and then will decide on a protocol, so next appointment is in 4wks.
    MissSagi my ANAs are 1/640 with no autoimmune disease and it has never prevented implantation but I believe is a strong factor I miscarriage. Your levels are not too bad and if my 1/640 can be controlled with steroids than it won't be a big problem for you. It's your NK cells dr M will have to focus on and it might have to be IVIG and possibly dex instead of orednsioone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Snowy I am almost excited reading your post. I too only ever get pregnant in the same cycle as a lap, DNC or even a hysteroscopy will do it but I get pregnant cery time hence my 9 pregnancies. Even on the strongest immune meds to keep me fro losing I still needed a hysteroscopy to get pregnant. Dr keep saying they have met women likr me but I had yet to actually come a cross one so I was very interested to hear you are the same. Congrats ur BFP but push for the intralipids

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

Snowy12  (26-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiteFantastic View Post
    Hi Chiefsgirl,

Sorry for your failed FET, sending big hugs to all the ladies in this thread, seems like we need some good luck and baby dust - too many BFNs

Just wanted to clarify Clexane does not help with egg quality, it is just a blood thinner to ensure there is maximum blood flow to the uterus and to ensure no clots occurring during implantation (cutting off nutrients to the embryo/fetus). Once a pregnancy is established ongoing use of Clexane ensures no blood clots in the placenta and umbilical cord. Most girls being treated for immune related infertility will stay on Clexane until their third trimester, but if you have an ongoing blood clotting issue (like MTHFR homozygous or Protein C/S, Factor V Leiden etc.) you will need to continue throughout pregnancy and 4-6 weeks after delivery to ensure no DVT.

Egg quality can be improved through DHEA and Neupogen.

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app
    Thanks @LiteFantastic. there is so much information out there that contradicts itself that it is hard to work out what is correct. The AACEP protocol that I will be doing next cycle has clexane started at day 3 of stims, so it must help with the egg/follicles somehow, maybe if it is just getting an increase of blood to the uterus/ovaries area? Or maybe it's just included then to help with lining?

Dr M isn't convinced that neupogen helps with egg quality - well that's what he said to me on Tuesday when I said I had heard it helped with quality and wanted to use it for the next cycle. He hasn't ruled it out completely for me, but because it is a by-product or similar to ivig (I couldn't quite understand) he is hesitant to prescribe it on the chance it does help with quality.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The cheapest price I can find for neupogen in Queensland is $1390. I'm guessing that's about the average cost. Has anyone gotten it any cheaper from another state? Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post

Galea.... I hate pain!! Once I fainted after EPU due to the pain. The next time I went, they had that as a question on their admission papers!! Lol. What will your plan now be?

Plan is to have those alpha and beta tests, follow up with dr m is 4 weeks and research surrogacy in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Galea: ya i had pain after the procedure with DrM. I demanded the pain killer but the nurse only remembered 3 hrs later. Lol. No use. When I did my scratch few weeks ago in perth, I was like what was i thinking?! Why the hell i wanted to do it twice?!? It turned out no pain. The most pain was from the anaesthetist who poked me so hard. He couldn't find my vein, slapping my hand to get the vein and i literally lifted my legs up few times each time he poked.
    Aw that sucks. I had a lovely anesthetist actually he gave me his card. I had a burn on my left hand so he did my right hand and talked me through each step (even though I have done it a hundred times) he was just nice and I wasnt vomity afterwards so he must have put anti emedics in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my follow up with my fs (ivfa) post the tests for nk cells and as I have mentioned my levels are 20% but the concern is my "activated" levels are 81.9 which are the highest my fs has ever seen!!!! My my ana results are 80 so she said are elevated but not to bad.

I did a scratching to help implantation and also start bondi protocol next cycle (start pred 10mg day 1 period up to 20mg at egg pick up) etc

so feeling a bit depressed I have yet another high levels and scares me that it's the highest she has ever seen!!! But good news is all other results across everything else are normal!!!!

Thanks for listening.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopefullyanotherbaby For This Useful Post:

soclose  (27-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by soclose View Post
    The cheapest price I can find for neupogen in Queensland is $1390. I'm guessing that's about the average cost. Has anyone gotten it any cheaper from another state? Thanks.
    Thats a good price for getting it in Oz. India is cheaper about $1050 but as I mentioned before my second lot ended up in storage for 2 days in Sydney as the guy at medicine+house was hopeless and didn't ship on time even though I harnessed the hell out of him.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

soclose  (27-07-2014)