Closed Thread
Page 77 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    I am sorry to hear Galea, soclose and everyone with the down moment. It is just so hard. Nothing I say would make you feel better. So I'll just you all a hug. We all need it.

Hubby has come to term that it is all false hope for us with his sperms. But I need a closure and move on. After all, I have been avoiding the transfer for nearly 8 months. I am just not mentally ready. I don't think I would ever be ready.......but i've to do it.

You said it all, Bertie. My close friend doesn't understand why i am still grieving with the loss. "Miscarriage is quite common", she said that while holding a new born in her arm. I was quite upset but I know she didn't mean to say that to make me feel any worse. So yes, life is unfair..........

I really hope that this is the one for you!!
    Thanks hun.....

Mind if I punch your friend? People are so frustrating. .... hugs

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    All the best tmr galea. I am also heading east this weekend. Super early morning flight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup me too. Red eye tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sharlee32.... thanks for making me feel comforted that there are others like yourself in that similar small percentage. I really would like to know all clinics stats - it really would make it so much easier to choose a clinic for age, issues etc, as well as to know what your real chances are. 96% within three transfers seems brilliant. Dr M's immune protocol is apparently 80% within two transfers, but this is my fourth go with that, so we'll see.

Bbhope.... You would think anyone with a baby (natural, easy, IVF or not) would know that it's not a walk in the park. Yes, I guess she was trying to find some soothing words, but it doesn't make it any easier. I think that is the main reason why I haven't told anyone about IVF except close family. I KNOW that my work is the biggest gossipers ever (I've already de-friended a number of them from Facebook, as they take one innocent sentence about school things and spread it round like wildfire, and then I get annoyed that I have to justify the totally boring thing I said on Facebook). I found out from a school friend just last week that apparently every person at work has asked her about when I'm having a baby!! Not one person has asked me, and it's probably just as well. So I told her, that she can tell them all that I don't want to talk about it. Thankfully, she didn't ask anymore questions, but I'm wondering how that's going to pan out when I return to work next week :-)

Wow, that 8 months has gone quick. Yes, I can feel your frustration to just want to get on with it, one way or another. Good luck.

SoClose... not a hint of implantation is what is getting me down at the moment. I can't even get off the starting blocks. I feel if I even just got a chemical then there would be somewhere to move forward from.

Have been sitting doing all my medical receipts today, as I've been a bit slack this year and have just shoved them in a drawer. Good news, is that I found some that I'm sure aren't claimed, so have two piles for Medicare and PHI, so might go there this afternoon and see what I can claim :-) My spreadsheet at the moment says I've spent $115,000 on IVF (receiving $53,000 back from Medicare and $14,000 back from PHI) making out-of-pocket $48,000 for 10 cycles (well, really 9 cycles, as one cycle was cancelled, so they didn't charge us anything). That makes an average of $5,300 out-of-pocket per cycle - slightly higher than the out-of-pocket average of $4,000 they were quoting on the news the other day!!!
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 23-07-2014 at 14:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I second what Galea said too, I would love to slap some sense into your friend as well.

What she said was very insensitive. Your a much more nicer person than me I would have most definitely reacted very badly if someone said that to me in the same situation.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

Galea  (23-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=MGC ]

SoClose... not a hint of implantation is what is getting me down at the moment. I can't even get off the starting blocks. I feel if I even just got a chemical then there would be somewhere to move forward [\QUOTE]

That really gets me down too.

All our embryos as cgh tested and genetically normal. Perfect this and perfect that. Super thick lining etc etc and never even a hint of a chemical even.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Galea For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Sharlee32.... thanks for making me feel comforted that there are others like yourself in that similar small percentage. I really would like to know all clinics stats - it really would make it so much easier to choose a clinic for age, issues etc, as well as to know what your real chances are. 96% within three transfers seems brilliant. Dr M's immune protocol is apparently 80% within two transfers, but this is my fourth go with that, so we'll see.

Bbhope.... You would think anyone with a baby (natural, easy, IVF or not) would know that it's not a walk in the park. Yes, I guess she was trying to find some soothing words, but it doesn't make it any easier. I think that is the main reason why I haven't told anyone about IVF except close family. I KNOW that my work is the biggest gossipers ever (I've already de-friended a number of them from Facebook, as they take one innocent sentence about school things and spread it round like wildfire, and then I get annoyed that I have to justify the totally boring thing I said on Facebook). I found out from a school friend just last week that apparently every person at work has asked her about when I'm having a baby!! Not one person has asked me, and it's probably just as well. So I told her, that she can tell them all that I don't want to talk about it. Thankfully, she didn't ask anymore questions, but I'm wondering how that's going to pan out when I return to work next week :-)

Wow, that 8 months has gone quick. Yes, I can feel your frustration to just want to get on with it, one way or another. Good luck.

SoClose... not a hint of implantation is what is getting me down at the moment. I can't even get off the starting blocks. I feel if I even just got a chemical then there would be somewhere to move forward from.
    I know it does seem brilliant but not so much so if your in that 4%. My FS was really closed minded to testing us further or even listening to my theory of NK Killer cells, he doesn't believe in them so that is all he says.

I am yet to be tested however have an appointment to see Wazza in Brisbane next year who I have heard will happily test and treat for them.

My work is the same. Actually they all know I did IVF because my team leader told them and so what a few of them actually do is continuously talk about babies. Two of them have toddlers and another is newly married and they are all TTC so they talk about what gender they want to have ect for hours on end most days.

I get fed up with it but I never say anything.

I have silently wished secondary infertility onto them though, which I know is awful but so is listening to them go on and on about babies and how easily they can have them. One conversation centered on how if they have sex on a specific day of a specific month according to their astrology they will have a girl /boy respectively as one of them wants a girl and the other a boy.

At first I thought it was on purpose to upset me but lately have come to realize it is more because of their high school mentality and also because of their lack of intelligence.

None of them ever address our IVF or anything with me. I think for most the subject is taboo. IDK, I find that no one likes to say much to me about our infertility except for my Mum and mother in law.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Galea;7866374]
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC

SoClose... not a hint of implantation is what is getting me down at the moment. I can't even get off the starting blocks. I feel if I even just got a chemical then there would be somewhere to move forward [\QUOTE]

That really gets me down too.

All our embryos as cgh tested and genetically normal. Perfect this and perfect that. Super thick lining etc etc and never even a hint of a chemical even.
    I had a chemical with stim 1 and since then have had four more transfers including two more stim cycle transfers all were BFN's.

My FS told me after my first stim chem that it is a great sign that I could get pregnant but it isn't really so, it actually got my hopes up that the subsequent cycles would work.

I know for some people it can be a good sign of things to come but for me it was just awful - to get told I was pregnant and then to have it taken away two weeks later just really sucked.

I really hope we can have some better luck soon, all of us xoxo

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

Galea  (23-07-2014),MGC Bertie  (23-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sharlee... when my work mates go on and on about babies (which is pretty much all the time, like yours too), I just get up and make excuses that I have to go and do something. In the past year, I barely sit down for a few minutes at lunch, before deciding that I don't need to punish myself more and get up and leave. It was made particularly worse this past 9 months, as there were two pregnant women, thankfully both now on maternity leave, so I'm hoping things may be less baby-talk than normal when I go back.

Oh, I've thought bad things like that before too. Glad I'm not the only crazy one. Some of the teachers at my school are totally mean, nasty, vindictive and horrible, that I never can work out why everything goes right for them - husbands with well paying jobs, no problems having kids, no health issues, everything falls right for them, they are in the "cool" group etc, but in reality they are not nice people. Why? Is it to make me stronger? I just never can work it out, so it's probably best for me just to stay clear of them and worry about making my life as happy as I can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Sharlee... when my work mates go on and on about babies (which is pretty much all the time, like yours too), I just get up and make excuses that I have to go and do something. In the past year, I barely sit down for a few minutes at lunch, before deciding that I don't need to punish myself more and get up and leave. It was made particularly worse this past 9 months, as there were two pregnant women, thankfully both now on maternity leave, so I'm hoping things may be less baby-talk than normal when I go back.

Oh, I've thought bad things like that before too. Glad I'm not the only crazy one. Some of the teachers at my school are totally mean, nasty, vindictive and horrible, that I never can work out why everything goes right for them - husbands with well paying jobs, no problems having kids, no health issues, everything falls right for them, they are in the "cool" group etc, but in reality they are not nice people. Why? Is it to make me stronger? I just never can work it out, so it's probably best for me just to stay clear of them and worry about making my life as happy as I can.
    Thanks hun, I wish I could get up and move. We all work in an environment where I am stuck it is a call center with minimal calls. I don't have lunch with anyone from work, stopped that years back before IVF. Just a grin and bear it situation for me or a go psycho and get a warning for been a psycho. It is okay apparently to go on and on about babies or potential babies or a baby seen somewhere or hey lets just call a lady who just had a baby and rave about that for an hour or so but you can't get angry about those same biatches going on about it if your infertile or your seen as been the problem.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-07-2014)