Closed Thread
Page 74 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchild80 View Post
    @PreciousHeart: No, I haven't explored anything dietary yet as I literally only found out I had psoriasis when I was weaning off the prednisone from the last cycle last month and my face, scalp, elbows and genitals burst out into lesions. Prior to that, I never had psoriasis lesions... just dry skin in winter. I'm now on CD3, so my 3rd day on a 10mg prednisone dose. If this cycle fails, I think I'll have to seriously consider taking a 6 month break from all the drugs and concentrate on dealing with the psoriasis outbreak that'll probably happen again when I have to wean off the steroid.
    Hi nightchild and welcome. I too have psoriasis. That's interesting what the pred did for you. Mine clears up completely when I'm taking the steroids. My skin is smooth and totally clear. I find it strange that pred would cause a breakout but maybe it can!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ladybug14 View Post
    Sorry bbhope not sure. I've been taking mine 3x5mg with breakfast and 2x5mg with lunch. I didn't think it mattered too much if you took them all in one go or spaced them out. Dr M certainly never gave a schedule. Maybe I've been doing it wrong???
    How did I miss that you were in your 2ww!!! So sorry ladybug. Where are you at now? I can't believe I haven't kept up xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats Snowy! Hope you managed to get hold of Dr M and he is able to help you.

Haha no worries SoClose! Waiting for the dreaded beta call. Not feeling confident. Good luck with your consult this arvo. Let us know how you get on.
    Ps can't believe you're awake at 4.30am!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats snowy. Thanks all for the reply. I think I will just take it after breakfast, lunch and dinner. 8hrs dose just doesn't work for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another BFN for me today. Hcg of 3. Had hopes that IVIG was going to do the trick. Follow up with Dr M for our last try on Thurs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have all but given up.......

Flying over to Sydney Wednesday night for my biopsy after our last failed round.

We have pretty much decided on a surrogate I think. Too much money and pain to keep failing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh ladybug and galea I'm so sorry for both of you. This infertility crap is hard enough and then we have immune issues on top of that .

For those interested in protocols I have my new one for my next cycle. Just spoke with Dr M and he thinks most of my implantation failures are because of my endometriosis. He suggested changing to ivig but after a million cycles funds are very low and I've read so much about overseas doctors saying intralipids are just as good. Who knows! So Dr M changed things up a bit:

Two intralipids. One three weeks before transfer and the other one week before transfer.

Change from pred to dex. I had to push for this. He was going to keep me on pred but I wanted something stronger. He finally agreed.

Increase progesterone to 1600mg per day plus daily progesterone injection

Clexane 40mg starting one week before transfer but not on transfer day.

Adding in neupogen. I don't know much about this one. He said it is hard to inject and has to be monitored by blood tests. Any information or success stories on this would be appreciated! I don't know where to get it from. Can anyone help? Dr M said to shop around to find the cheapest.

Also progynova to start three weeks before transfer.

I think that's about it. Plus all the usual vitamins etc.

He asked a lot of questions about our donor embryos and our donors. He was pleased our donors had their baby from the same batch of embryos and that our last embryo was an expanded blastie.

Hoping the extra things added in will get us there next cycle

Hi to everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladybug... very sorry about your BFN. I so know how you feel. I too have put such a lot of hope into Dr M - first three times on his protocol I did Intrallipids, but all BFN, so this time did IVIG as I really wanted to give it my best shot, just like you. My BT is not until next Mon, so still a bit to go.

Galea... again, I'm close to that road. We have two more of my sister's frosties so will use those, if this one doesn't work, and then will try a couple of goes with younger eggs from SA. Have seriously thought about surrogacy, but then realised that I'm using both donor eggs and donor sperm, so may as well look into adoption instead.

SoClose.... I'm rather relieved at how your appointment with Dr M went - I pretty muh asked for much of those things, and he said no, so maybe you've broken the ice for me next time :-) I'm also very interested about having the two lots of intrallipids (3 weeks before and just before transfer), as I've been reading a little bit in the past week about doctors in the USA saying that really the intrallipids and IVIG should be done 2 weeks before ET as it takes that amount to do what it needs to do in your body. Dr M has always said to me 3-10 days before ET, but I'm wondering whether the 2 week thing is newish research and he's catching onto that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. Such a crappy journey. No one should have to suffer this horrid pain.

Galea-good luck wth the biopsy. I hope it gives you some answers.

MGC Bertie-I really hope the IVIG is the key for you. Will have fingers and toes crossed for BT.

SoClose-Sounds like a constructive consult with Dr M. I think neupogen will be in our next plan so really keen to know more too. Maybe we can get get a 2for1 or bulk deal!!!! Did Dr M say how often the blood monitoring is and why dose you'll be on? When do you start? Pretty sure @Nidhulaine is a good source of info for the neupogen??

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (21-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you lovely people. It really is such a wonderful source of support and information in here.

Shame we cant have a meet up.