Closed Thread
Page 72 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Out if curiosity, how many of you started the immu protocol with heavy med like dex and ivig?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Out if curiosity, how many of you started the immu protocol with heavy med like dex and ivig?

With the steroids bbhope a better way to explain it might be the dose of steroids. I have tried both and even if you start on Dex you have to swap to prednisolone at 9 weeks and a usual starting dose of at least 25mg of prednisolone with lots of ladies upto 35mg. This current pregnancy I started in Dex and was on 2mg or 4 tabs till I swapped to prednisolone at week 9. I am currently 21 weeks and I am weaning but still on 10mg a day and I will prob be about 25 weeks by the time I am fully off. I am hoping my last IVIG will be next week at 22 weeks. I did IVIG on BFP but only intralipids before ovulation and that was a mistake for me as the day I got my BFP I started bleeding and it didn't stop for me until doing IVIG which I have continued to do every 4 weeks.i have MTHFR homo 677, ANA and NKs and my protocol to achieve and most importantly actually get past 6 weeks is/was
    clexene (will be upto 36 weeks), progesterone (400mg p/d till 16 weeks), Neupogen (dose varied from 100mcg to 60mcg from ovulation till 10 weeks of pregnancy), IVIG (20g) every 4 weeks. Also the methyl folate and other prenatal stuff.

If you are not getting success with intralipids or using doses of prednisolone less than 25mg I woukd seriously look into some of the stuff and in the quantities above and there are lots of other strong meds which were not in my personal protocol.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (20-07-2014),PreciousHeart  (19-07-2014),Snowy12  (19-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nidhulaine you are amazing!!!! Thx to you & Gentay for do generously sharing! Bbhope I have high NK in uterus & started straight on Dex with Dr M... FS thinks I'm taking pred but I went with Dr Ms protocol instead.. Pred is useless for me Dr M said

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Nidhulaine and preciousheart. If only i could have another second try..........this is our last embie. The trial and error kinda scare me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhulaine View Post
    hello and and welcome hopefullyanotherbaby. You asked whether anyone has had one child been diagnosed with high NKs had repeated miscarriages and now has a second child? Well I am hoping to be there very soon. My daughter is 4 (natural conception and easy pregnancy) and when she 1 we started trying for a sibling and what followed was 7 consecutive miscarriages but the good news is as I write this I am 21 weeks pregnant with that second baby (pregnancy no 9) hopefully due in nov.
    I want to save you some time and hopefully heartache. My FS was Gavin sacks and I tried the Bondi protocol with both natural pregnancies and we were also convinced to do ivf with PGD and I lost that too. The Bondi protocol was simply not strong enough for me and the main reason I believe is Dr Sacks only focuses on NK cells where most immune ladies and particularly reoccurring miscariage patients have more than just that going on. Also every time you miscarry it becomes harder to hold onto the next one.
    Dr Sacks is a good FS and prob one of the few ones that are open to the idea of immune issues and at least he actually does his own research on the area. I have heard a whole lot of worrying stories including my own SIL who's currently cycling on prednisolone and clexene with no testing. Some clinics are now doing intralipids but they have no idea of how to correctly administrate them or when to give them. I actual believe there are several women on this board who know far more than certain FS who are just jumping on the bandwagon.

Anyway sorry for my rambling but I wasted so much time until I found Dr M and I wouldn't wish 7 miscarriages on anyone. The reality was for me I had more than just NK cells and my protocol didn't even involve intralipids but did involve other heavy immune drugs Neupogen (the reoccurring miscarriage special lol!), IVIG and a different steroid called Dexamethasone. I can tell u straight away Sacks will not be prescribing most of them and you need a reproductive immunologist.

i cannot describe how it feels to even be 21 weeks and feel my baby kicking after so many losses but I know I woukd not be even at this point without dr M. I strongly suspect that if you do the Bondi protocol you will get a chemical or another early loss because after 3 miscarriages your body is already primed to attack your embies. Unfortunately that's what happened to so many of us before we moved from the Bondi protocol to Dr m. There are lots of immune ladies seeing dr Sacks for FS and Dr M for the immune treatment at the same time.

I also know of lots of success stories of women with their take home babies but your story seemed so similar to mine that I wanted to urge you to see Dr M as although 3 miscarriages is tragic, it can unfortunately get even worse and each one rips a little piece off you. Good luck and I hope to hear very soon that you are a dr M patient and are pregnant with number 2.
    Thanks you so much for replying I really appreciate it.... I'm just wondering what were your levels? My fs said my levels are 20% so quite high (as normal obviously is under 12) and how old are you?? There is so much information I am reading I can't believe it... I am also a little deverstared with it all to be honest. I even started googling surrogacy in India!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry one more question does dr m have a website or how do I get in contact with him?? I tried googling but only these posts came up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    He doesn't have a website but he has a page in the Sydney yellow pages and on it you can access the new patient information. Go onto the Sydney Yellow Page online and search a/professor Gamal Matthias.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopefullyanotherbaby View Post
    Sorry one more question does dr m have a website or how do I get in contact with him?? I tried googling but only these posts came up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefullyanotherbaby View Post
    hopingforanother baby, I too looked at surrogacy, I had two biopsies within a month of each other, one from Sacks and one from Matthias and I can't remember my Dr M result(he was a lot calmer than dr S) but Dr S was practically jumping out of the chair with excitement as it came back ridiculously high at 32% by his test! Dr S told me I was one of the highest he had seen.
    i turned 38 in March and have a crap amh, I didn't even ask at my last test what it was but at 34 I was only 5.5 and for my ivf cycle they had to stim me with 300 puregon to get 9 eggs.

i don't use a signature because frankly who wants to see 7 consecutive miscarriages at the end of all their posts and although it's happened to me, I don't necessarily want it to be the main info that people see about me.

how old are you hopingforanother baby? As I said, I am 38 with a crap amh, and 21 weeks on pregnancy number 9 after losing 7 so please don't give up hope yet but my advice is don't cycle again until you get some testing and a protocol done by Dr M. Once again I believe we may have similar issues as the majority of my losses all started off with good hcg and then growth slowed on the scan and bleeding and loss in week 6.

i have posted before about Dr M and threaten miscarriage but I will mention it again, unlike other FS, Dr M will not just wait and see if you miscarry, his phone number is 02 9709 4700 and it can take 4-6 weeks for an appointment but that wait is far less than more failed cycles. Good luck and let me know if there's any more information I can help you with

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

Snowy12  (20-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have my first appointment with Dr M this Thursday (phone consult). I hope we get some direction. I too have looked at surrogacy. At the moment I am feeling like it will never happen and I am so worn out from it all.

Nidhulaine, 7 miscarriages is so painful. I have had 3. Every time you have one, you lose so much time. The 6 or 7 or 9 weeks you were pregnant, the 4 weeks after D&C, TTC again… Years go by. I am so glad I found you girls on here as I could have gone on wasting more time. THANK YOU for all your advice. Its really appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This sounds like a stupid question. If you have to take prednisolone few times a day instead of all in one go, how do you manage to stick to the schedule? I find it so difficult. Mine is 3 times a day with 8 hrs apart. I end up with big gap between night and morning as it usually takes me a while to get ready and eat breakfast. The only way for me to bridge the gap is to stay up later but this means less sleep......sometime i also end up taking the afternoon one a bit earlier (6hrs instead of 8 hrs apart) so that I don't have to wake up taking the prednisolone in the middle of the night.