Closed Thread
Page 69 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly39 and MGC Bertie, I used Selenium Forte spray for an extended period during which my thyroid antibodies (TPOAb) continued to rise. I would be interested to read Selenium success stories on this thread.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gentay For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (15-07-2014),MGC Bertie  (14-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wishing you all the best for tomorrow Bertie!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to soclose For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks about the tips re: selenium. I will definitely check that out.

AFM... thanks everyone for their good wishes for my FET this morning. They ended up thawing one of my morulas (in the freezer I had one early blast and two morulas). When I asked why did they use the morula and not the early blast, they said it was because the morula needed last night to grow a bit more, and if it wouldn't have worked then they could have pulled the blast out first thing in the morning, as apparently the blast would have only need 1-2 hours to thaw. Once explained, the science behind it sounded good, and it all turned out great. The morula thawed and grew nicely over night, and the FS said it was an "excellent" blastocyst, so it's now on board. I know that not all frozen embryos do survive the thaw, but again I think this success had to do with my sister's perfect eggies to start with and good donor sperm. Plus I had IVIG on Saturday, so hoping that might produce a different outcome for us this time. Was a bit concerned, as the IVIG was only 2 days before the transfer, when everything I've read said it should ideally be 3-10 days before transfer. When I asked Dr M about this, he said it doesn't matter, and that it even works for women who have IVIG/Intrallipids after transfer. I would think by then it would be too late for implantation, but that's what he said.

Preg BT not until Mon 28/7, but AF likely to show up a good 4 days before that, if it's not to be.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (14-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on being PUPO MGC Bertie!!! All sounding very promising, hoping for some excellent news from you very soon! Xxx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congrats on being pupo @mgcbertie. In regards to the ivig I wouldn't worry, one lady had intralipids the day of transfer and is utd now!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MGC Bertie congrats on being PUPO! Hope the ivig does the trick for you and the 2ww goes quickly.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done MGC on the FET and fingers crossed for the next 2 weeks.Thinking of you xo

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwi76 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck MGC Bertie! May this be the start of something special

I am waiting for my Dr Braverman and Dr M initial consults. Both are next week. Dr B charges a $3k fee to work with your FS for 3 natural or 1 IVF cycle but I wait to hear more from him about what it involves (and what makes it worth it). I read heaps of good stuff about him but its another expense and we have so many of them already. I have packaged up all my info for Dr M and I hope we get something productive from the initial consult.

So far I know that I have:

ANAs Positive speckled titre 1:320
    MTHFR 1298 homozygote (my naturopath has explained this to me and its not good but I already take activated folate and Vit Bs)
    NK Cells (CD 16+56 in Blood) 7% (which looks to be on the low end)
    B Cells (CD 19) 16% (I think should be under 12%)
    T Cells (CD3) 75% - which I think says that my immune system is on overdrive

I really want someone to explain what the above means for me as I suspect some of its not that good Any idea girls who have had similar results?

Hope everyone is travelling well

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snowy12 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (15-07-2014),PreciousHeart  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Snowy, thanks for that info on Dr Braverman, interesting and expensive, wow! One IVF cycle, yikes!!! Will be keen to hear what happens with your call to him and Dr M. I can't help with the CD results... have you also had a biospsy done? With the homozygous 1298, I have that as well... curious what your naturopath had to say about it? I am reading some stuff by Dr Ben online at the moment, very interesting although seems the 677 variation or a mix of both is worse to have...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

Snowy12  (16-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Snowy, it really depends in what that 3k includes. One weekend trip for me to DrM is over $1k. Sure if it gives me a baby, more than happy to go back for the intralipid.

My FS looks at cd16/56 ratio for blood. DrM as well. Mine is 17%! Below 12% is normal and 18% is extreme. (This is based on the lab who does my test so u have to look at your lab normal range). I dont have high T cell like you though.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Snowy12  (16-07-2014)