Closed Thread
Page 68 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @miissalina I'm so sorry to read about your recent chem. I really feel for you. As I think you know, I am with the same fertility clinic as you, only a few years ago when I started they didn't believe in immune issues at all. What I will tell you (and I don't mean to sound blunt - I just wish someone had told me this earlier in my journey but I was left to figure it all out for myself - thank goodness for this forum!) is don't waste your time testing with NGF and using their luteal protocol and immune treatment. There is no comparison with the testing that Dr M does, and the protocol that he uses. Their luteal protocol saw me get my first ever BFPs but each time it ended up as a chemical. It just isn't strong enough. The steroids for example - they have you on them for 5 days. Dr M started me 3 weeks before my cycle and I wasn't weaned off until I was 27 weeks pregnant. Intralipids (ideally) are given every 4-6 weeks (depends on diagnosis and ongoing BT results). I had them pre-transfer, and then at 5, 11, 19 and 27wks. I recently saw Dr M and we discussed NGF offering infusions (200ml infused in less than an hour, where as he infuses 500ml over about 6 hours) and although he was reluctant to tell me what he really thought the message came through loud and clear. They (NGF) have no idea (or at least very little) when it comes to immune treatment. Dr M will run extensive tests, including sending blood to the USA for tests that don't even exist in Australia. I would not cycle again until you see him and all your testing is complete. If I'd followed my gut feeling on this originally I would have saved tens of thousands of $ and many tears over unsuccessful cycles.

I know of several women (from this forum and the FB group) who were told by their FS to expect to miscarry. One call to Dr M and he is in action doing everything he can to save that pregnancy, and more often than not, he is successful.

You mentioned that you have elevated ANA and high uterine NKCs. Both those things warrant an aggressive immune protocol. High dose steroids, clexane, high dose progesterone etc etc. Dr M is definitely the man to get you on the right track.

I wish you all the best for your upcoming appointment and would definitely recommend that you let Dr M run all the necessary tests before cycling again. (I saw him in mid Aug 2012 and was cycling late Sept, BFP mid Oct...so it's really not too long to wait

Quote Originally Posted by miissalina View Post
    @Nidhulaine I also have elevated ANA but no direct auto immune issues which is strange perhaps the re current miscarriage is why I see dr m on the 5th aug next cycle should start that week also but not sure if hell do more testing before starting me on any protocol was feeling hopeless but hearing that there is so many more options and he actually helps u NOT to miscarry not just get u pregnant is hopefull all mine have been between 4-5 so very very early

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13
    4rounds of clomid with BFN
    5th cycle of clomid chemical pregnancy

Started IVF jan 2014

1st IVF Jan 2014: @WFC antagonist cycle started, cancelled day 9 due to over stimulation, 60+ follicles.

2ND IVF March 2014: Next generation fertility ,Antagonist cycle, chemical pregnancy!!!!!

*DIAGNOSED WITH HIGH UTERINE NK CELLS

3rd: 1st FET May2014, started intralipids for the first time due to high NK cells in the uterus

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

Fiona2  (09-07-2014),Snowy12  (09-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC Bertie, did you have your thyroid anitbodies checked in addition to TSH, T3 and T4? They are just as important when in comes to fertility, in particular, implantation failure and early miscarriage.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gentay For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (09-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    MGC Bertie: With all the luck in the world! Wish you all the best on Monday!

Nidhulaine: May i ask what pathology test they do when you lost in 5 or 6 weeks? When I lost at 5 week, the Dr at the hospital couldnt do anything more than the hcg BT.

This is rather a weird question...I assume Dr. M can only save the miscarriage if the hcg hasn't dropped, am I right? Scientifically, once the hcg drops, there is no way up......
    Bbhope,
    yes dr M can only attempt to stop a threaten miscarriage if hcg is still rising. Some of the early signs of an impeding miscarriage include hcg that were doubling but then start rising slower and also bleeding. Most FS will send u home and tell u to wait and see and do a blood draw in a couple of days, so basically do nothing whereas Dr M will usually up progesterone, take you off clexene or recommend another intralipid or IVIG rather than just waiting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhulaine View Post
    Bbhope,
    yes dr M can only attempt to stop a threaten miscarriage if hcg is still rising. Some of the early signs of an impeding miscarriage include hcg that were doubling but then start rising slower and also bleeding. Most FS will send u home and tell u to wait and see and do a blood draw in a couple of days, so basically do nothing whereas Dr M will usually up progesterone, take you off clexene or recommend another intralipid or IVIG rather than just waiting.
    This is exactly what happened to me hcg rising but mild spotting was told to wait and see asked if I should stop clexane but was told no was told by FS couldn't do intralipids until the following Monday which was one week after the spotting being so helpless and knowing that no ones doing anything is heart breaking I can't wait to meet dr m and have someone that won't just tell me to wait and see

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13
    4rounds of clomid with BFN
    5th cycle of clomid chemical pregnancy

Started IVF jan 2014

1st IVF Jan 2014: @WFC antagonist cycle started, cancelled day 9 due to over stimulation, 60+ follicles.

2ND IVF March 2014: Next generation fertility ,Antagonist cycle, chemical pregnancy!!!!!

*DIAGNOSED WITH HIGH UTERINE NK CELLS

3rd: 1st FET May2014, started intralipids for the first time due to high NK cells in the uterus

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gentay... I have had TRAb Thyroid Receptor Antibodies checked a few times - the last time in 2012 they were abnormally high 19.5 (range is 0.0-1.0). I asked to have them checked the other day, but though my endocrinologist would tell me the TSH (0.26), T4 (23) and T3 (3.9) he wouldn't tell me the antibody level, as he hadn't written it on the form, and said I had to get that off Dr M. I rang G and she just laughed (literally) when I asked had they got a copy of the results, basically indicating that it would be ages before they get results through! But if they are still abnormally high, what meds do you take for that?
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 11-07-2014 at 11:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie sending you loads of good luck. You deserve this so much. I've had G laugh at me too about results lol yet sometimes they do come back quicker than she thinks!!

Keep us updated!!! You can do this xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to soclose For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (11-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC Bertie, your test results indicate you are hyperthyroid if anything. I am hypothyroid with elevated TPOAb for which I took Prednisolone. I am not sure what you take to reduce TRAb, if anything. You should check your results with Dr M and if there is anyway to treat them. If there is a delay in your treating drs getting hold of the BT results, you can go back to the pathology collection centre and complete an FOI request for the results to be released to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Gentay... I have had TRAb Thyroid Receptor Antibodies checked a few times - the last time in 2012 they were abnormally high 19.5 (range is 0.0-1.0). I asked to have them checked the other day, but though my endocrinologist would tell me the TSH (0.26), T4 (23) and T3 (3.9) he wouldn't tell me the antibody level, as he hadn't written it on the form, and said I had to get that off Dr M. I rang G and she just laughed (literally) when I asked had they got a copy of the results, basically indicating that it would be ages before they get results through! But if they are still abnormally high, what meds do you take for that?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gentay For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (11-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

I have just told that I have DQ Alpha genes and so as my husband. Apparently having this can increase miscarriages and lower down chances of implantation. Another complication for us!

Does any one have this or know much about it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    You don't take meds for antithyroid receptor antibodies per se as a positive simply indicates an autoimmune process for your thyroid problem, pointing to the end point of autoimmune failure, and the usual one size fits all approach to autoimmune (self attacking self) is to dampen down the immune response with an immunosuppressant ie prednisone.

Selenium supplementation may reduce the levels of some types of anti-thyroid antibodies. It is possible that if the levels of the antibodies can be reduced, then the risk of miscarriage may also be reduced

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (13-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I just read some studies involving selenium and thyroid, worth googling!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (13-07-2014)