Closed Thread
Page 67 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Chiefsgirl thanks for the info maybe I need further testing I've had nk cells in the blood tested and all clear I've had full thrombophilia screen done and that's all clear as well only thing could find was nk cells in the uterus perhaps dr m will do other tests not done and maybe there's something else going on finding it scary to think there may be more losses to come so far three in 5 months and I never seen it coming this road isn't as easy as I thought it would be

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13
    4rounds of clomid with BFN
    5th cycle of clomid chemical pregnancy

Started IVF jan 2014

1st IVF Jan 2014: @WFC antagonist cycle started, cancelled day 9 due to over stimulation, 60+ follicles.

2ND IVF March 2014: Next generation fertility ,Antagonist cycle, chemical pregnancy!!!!!

*DIAGNOSED WITH HIGH UTERINE NK CELLS

3rd: 1st FET May2014, started intralipids for the first time due to high NK cells in the uterus

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miissalina.... another thought is the amount of Intrallipids. If you're at Next Gen (as your signature suggests), then from what others have said, is that they only do 200ml or 300ml of Intrallipids, whereas Dr M does 500ml. But giving you Dex and Aug certainly seems to be on the money - I pushed Dr M for that, but he wouldn't let me have it, so it depends exactly what your issues are.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well it looks like we are going to go ahead with the FET. Thyroid results came in with TSH at 0.26, which is below the lower range, but my endocrinologist said he's happy with this, and said I'm fine to go ahead with the FET. My FS said he's happy, that the endocrinologist is happy. He's also not particularly worried about my cold/cough, so long as I don't have a fever.

I also asked about the results of the NKC biopsy that he did a couple of weeks ago - two out of the three things came back normal, with CD 56+ "marginally high". When I asked exactly what that meant, he said he'd give me a copy the next time! He said the protocol for elevated CD 56+ is Clexane, which I've already been taking in my last couple of cycles. I asked about taking the antibiotic Augmentin, and he said that there's not too much research for that, and he wouldn't like to prescribe something for nothing.

Chiefsgirl.... I will be asking again about progesterone support. I do have some leftover Crinone cream, so depending what the next couple of BTs say, I might just use some of that anyhow.

Will have BT and internal US tomorrow (Wed) which will probably mean FET will be next Monday. Booked in for IVIG (a big $2250!!) for this Saturday, so hopefully everything will fall into place. It's just this cold/cough that I would have liked to have done without, but hopefully by Monday I'll be much more enthusiastic about it all. I feel kind of weird, as normally I'm all IVF stressed, but this time, I'm feeling a little down about it all. But still glad to be getting a move on things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by miissalina View Post
    @Chiefsgirl thanks for the info maybe I need further testing I've had nk cells in the blood tested and all clear I've had full thrombophilia screen done and that's all clear as well only thing could find was nk cells in the uterus perhaps dr m will do other tests not done and maybe there's something else going on finding it scary to think there may be more losses to come so far three in 5 months and I never seen it coming this road isn't as easy as I thought it would be

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13

Started IVF jan 2014

1st IVF Jan 2014: @WFC antagonist cycle started, cancelled day 9 due to over stimulation, 60+ follicles.

2ND IVF March 2014: Next generation fertility ,Antagonist cycle, chemical pregnancy!!!!!

3rd: 1st FET May2014, started intralipids for the first time due to high NK cells in the uterus
    missalina your on the right track if your consulting with Dr M. I have had 7 losses but am now 19 weeks pregnant (my 9th pregnancy) and it's thanks to my Dr M drug protocol. Reoccurring miscarriage is often treated with drugs like Neupogen and even if ur thrombophilia panel came back normal you would be amazed the stuff that FS don't consider important whereas Dr M will pick it up.
    What I really like about Dr M is he won't just wait and see and allow you to miscarry he will try something. Even on this pregnancy when I was on the high immune meds I started spotting at BFP and it progressed to bleeding and he didn't wait and see, I ended up doing IVIG at 5 weeks (only 3 weeks after intralipid) as he recognised that my body was most likely trying to attack my pregnancy, I have had no bleeding since then and am happy to say bub looked all good on morphology scan yesterday. I just wished I had found him earlier instead of the wait and see approach or there's nothing you can do about miscarriage crap I listened to for 3 years. Good luck

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

Bella978  (09-07-2014),Fiona2  (09-07-2014),MGC Bertie  (09-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Nidhulaine that's such an amazing thing to hear so happy that you've got ur little miracle at a safe point
    This is what had been bothering me is the wait and see and the no urgency about things this cycle was the highest levels I've gotten before and I started spotting on the Monday but nothing was done FS is away so the back up wouldn't do intralipids any earlier than the following Monday I tried pushing for them to be done that day as I new something wasn't right because the Saturday I was getting sharp pinching pains in my uterus but there was no rush just wait and see and obviously on the Friday my body got rid of it kept thinking if they had done something earlier it may have been avoided the heart ache doesn't get any easier just feel helpless when they won't listen so I'm happy hearing that dr m wants to avoid the miscarriage option all together gives you a sense of security can I ask what immune issues you have I seem to have only been diagnosed with elevated cd56 and cd163 there maybe something else but will find out after seeing dr m I'm not happy to keep trying with the words we just have to get the right embryo and right environment I feel like screaming yes I no that but how can we do that when no one is in a hurry when the signs of something going wrong start to happen

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13

Started IVF jan 2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    Missalina,

i have high NK (both blood and uterine), MTHFR homo CT677, high ANA's 1/640.
    i believe my ANA(anti nuclear antibodies) have prob rising with every miscarriage as I have very high levels for someone who does not have an autoimmune disease. Oh I also have mild endo.

i wanted to post to you as I wanted you to know that there is plenty of hope with the correct immune protocol and don't waste anymore of your time and sanity waiting to miscarry and listening to FS experts who think their job is done when u get pregnant.

Even if you see dr M as soon as you get a BFP he can help you keep the pregnancy but ideally start your immune treatment before BFP. Most of my loses were weeks 5-6 and pathology came back normal on 3 from the 4 losses we had tested.

Now pregnant I have my high risk OB (me bring paranoid and cautious) and dr M for my immune treatment. Hopefully very soon you will be in a similar position.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Nidhulaine I also have elevated ANA but no direct auto immune issues which is strange perhaps the re current miscarriage is why I see dr m on the 5th aug next cycle should start that week also but not sure if hell do more testing before starting me on any protocol was feeling hopeless but hearing that there is so many more options and he actually helps u NOT to miscarry not just get u pregnant is hopefull all mine have been between 4-5 so very very early

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13

Started IVF jan 2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    Missalina,
    your definitely not alone and there is plenty of hope. Gentay is another lady who posts who is now 29 weeks pregnant after 5 miscarriages and as I said, the main difference with Dr M for ladies like you and me, is that he will try to prevent you losing in that crucial couple of early weeks. Not that it seems like a positive when you keep miscarrying but it is good sign that you can get implantation. Now you just need dr M and a strong immune protocol to help you keep your next BFP. Will be reading along to see how your going. Take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    MGC Bertie: With all the luck in the world! Wish you all the best on Monday!

Nidhulaine: May i ask what pathology test they do when you lost in 5 or 6 weeks? When I lost at 5 week, the Dr at the hospital couldnt do anything more than the hcg BT.

This is rather a weird question...I assume Dr. M can only save the miscarriage if the hcg hasn't dropped, am I right? Scientifically, once the hcg drops, there is no way up......

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (09-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    MGC Bertie: With all the luck in the world! Wish you all the best on Monday!

Nidhulaine: May i ask what pathology test they do when you lost in 5 or 6 weeks? When I lost at 5 week, the Dr at the hospital couldnt do anything more than the hcg BT.

This is rather a weird question...I assume Dr. M can only save the miscarriage if the hcg hasn't dropped, am I right? Scientifically, once the hcg drops, there is no way up......
    Bbhope, my pregnancies all start off with good hcg (I usually get my positives early @ 11dpo) but the development usually starts to slow and I start spotting or sometimes it's just a missed miscarriage with no bleeding but development hadn't progressed from week 5. I wasn't even getting to heartbeat stage. In order to get pathology and karotyoing done you have to have a D&C and u can still have one even if you have started bleeding once you haven't passed the main part. So unfortunately you have to go the D&C option to get pathology.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

bbhope  (09-07-2014)