Closed Thread
Page 63 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh SoClose I am so very very sad at your news, sending you loads and loads of love - this journey is so hard, and so unfair

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

soclose  (05-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls xxxx. I've contacted Dr M's office but no reply. Does anyone know how much I wean off the pred?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @soclose some fs ween 5mg per 3 days.... some just tell you to stop the prednisone... at work we ween pts off it.

Quick question.ladies.... im on 2mg dex since transfer... now have bfp.... will I change to prednisone or stay on dex till ?? Weeks then cross over??? Just curious.... waiting for the call from fs but it wont be the regular one.... so wondering what others have experienced??

5. The Following User Says Thank You to katiana For This Useful Post:

soclose  (05-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ soclose sorry to read about your bfn definitely wean slowly off pred. 5mg a week is how I did it but that was well into my pregnancy. I'd say 5mg every few days is ok.
    @katiana you should switch from dex to pred by 9wks pregnant. Not sure of dosage sorry. I'm sure it will be in an older thread.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

katiana  (04-07-2014),soclose  (05-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @soclose. So so sorry to hear it's a bfn. Was so hoping for good news for you. Such a horrid emotional rollercoaster. Hope you've got something nice to do over the weekend to take your mind off things. I think reducing 5mg every 3 days is right. Take care. Xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

soclose  (05-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey SoClose - I was told to reduce 25mg pred by 5mg every 3 days until you get to 3 days on 5mg & then to take 1/2 a 5mg pill for 3 days before stopping, does that make sense? I take Dex but that was the instruction on weaning prednisilone from genea. Take good care of yourself xxx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

soclose  (05-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefsgirl and SoClose.... really sorry to hear about your BFNs. It just doesn't get any easier, does it? As to weaning, you could go with what most people here are suggesting - 5mg every 3 days, however if you are on a dose lower than 40mg and have been taking it less than 3 months (which most women on here are), then you can actually wean off 5mg per day, so then it only will take a week. I've done that before and have had no side affects.

AFM..... I went and saw Dr M last week, in preparation for our 4th try using his immune protocol. Unfortunately, it's the first time I came away from him quite disheartened, and with the real feel that there's nothing more he can do for me. During the consult he actually became quite irate with all my questions, and instead questioned what I was asking. He stopped short of not taking me on again, but I didn't have much luck in answers.

For those who are interested, here's the sum-up:
    - Prednisolone (same as previous cycles) 25mg from day 1, 30mg from transfer - said I can split it half morning/half lunch, but pretty much said it didn't matter medically, it was up to me!
    - Aspirin (same as previous cycles) 100mg from day 1
    - vitamins - continue all my usual ones (calcium, Vit C, Vit D, Vit E, Elevit, COQ10, Fish Oil) but said to buy extra Folic acid, so I've done that
    - Clexane injections (same as previous cycles) 40 from day after transfer - then I queried about starting it beforehand, and only as I asked, he said, "oh yes, since you're doing an FET, you can start clexane 10 days before FET, stop day before transfer, and re-start 2 days after transfer". He wouldn't have come up with this, if I hadn't prompted.
    - he will do IVIG before the transfer- citing that maybe I need something stronger. As I weigh 75kg, he will use 15grams, which costs $2250 (not claimable)
    - wants my anti-thyroid antibodies re-checked - they've always been abnormal, and he's never mentioned them before as a concern, but now he wants them re-tested before going ahead with the FET

NO, he will not let me use:
    - no to dexamethasane (stronger steroid than prednisolone). I questioned why not, and he said, "because you don't need it." Not a medical answer, so I pushed the issue, and he said, "you don't have what others have, so we're not discussing it." When I wanted to know what it was that others have that I don't have, he became infuriated.
    - no to Augementin or Doxycycline (types of antibiotics) - he said that if my FS wants me to use those, then I can get the FS to do so.
    - no to Nuprogen (immune injections that calm overactive immune system) - he said that this is just a stronger version of IVIG, and that I'll be having IVIG, so don't need both (though I'm sure others on here are using both)
    - no to Feldene / Buscopan - he totally disagreed with these, waved his hands at me and said, "no, they're old studies." Again, I'm sure there are some women on here, who Dr M has said yes to those just recently.

Then, when I asked about my FS doing the day 21 NKC biopsy on me, but the results haven't come back, he didn't seem fussed. I queried about the FS doing the biopsy, and whether he would do the same biopsy or a different version, he looked at me as if I was mad. I tried to explain that my FS is just having it checked by Douglas Hanly Moir Pathology, and didn't he have some tests that he does that gets sent overseas? He was quite annoyed, and said, "what are you trying to say?" So I said, "Dr M, you've told me before that you do some other tests or biopsies that are sent overseas for testing." He shook his head and said, "no there's nothing else." (But again, I'm not going crazy, am I?) So I asked, "are there any other tests that I haven't done?" and he replied, "no, you've already had plenty." Which to me, seemed like that there are still some, but I was getting no-where.

By the time I got to the car, I was in tears, as it hit me, that the actual problem, is that he can't help me. Yes, he can help a good percentage of women with immune issues, but I am one of the smaller percentage that his / Dr Beer's protocol doesn't work.

Anyhow, in process of checking thyroid levels at the moment to see if we will go ahead this month with the FET - if so, IVIG will be next Sat and FET the week after. Sorry for the huge sad rant, but thought it important to present how this recent consult went, compared to the hope he gave me at the beginning when I first met him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bertie, PM you. I have a hiccup with the computer. Let me know if you don't get it. See my comment about the biopsy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    so sorry to hear soclose.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Nidhulaine...hi can i ask you about your dex protocol??? How much dex are you on and for how long??? Will you change to prednisone???
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhulaine View Post
    Galea, dr M usually gets more aggressive with the meds as he goes along. I have done 2 cycles on immune meds and started with intralipid, 25mg clexene and progesterone but by the end of it with the pregnancy I now have I was intralipids, IVIG (every 4 weeks), Neupogen for 9 weeks, dexamethasone, clexene and progesterone and even though dr M has great success everyone does not get their BFP on their first cycle of immune treatments. I have a friend who is on her fifth cycle and Everytime something new gets added. Positive she will get there eventually but I just want to point out there is always something else more to try and don't feel disheartened if you didn't have success with your first Dr M immune protocol. Good luck