Closed Thread
Page 57 of 99 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Got my biopsy and Chicago blood results yesterday. Looks like my CD56 are in the uterine lining and are prolific. My only option is aggressive IVIG therapy. My question is has anyone else had this recently and how was it? Any side effects of IVIG?? Also, how many sessions did you have. I conceive naturally so will not be factoring in any IVF treatment - not sure if that will make any difference - I doubt it! Many thanks everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Fiona2 yes you have at least that long if you want it. I've never felt rushed with him. He comes in to connect the intralipid then about 30-60min later to check you and answer any questions.

When I saw him recently I discussed how NGF were giving intralipids (200ml in 30 mins and minimal saline) and he was less than impressed. I asked what he thought and he shook his head and said "no comment". I tried pressing him a bit more but all he said was "that way is not very effective." The price is comparable as NGF charges $330 for 200ml and dr m is $650 for 500ml. Seems like lots of fs are jumping on the bandwagon but it's not a complete immune protocol like dr m offers.

For what it's worth for any Sydney newbies reading I'd skip NGF for the immune stuff. Dr M is the only one who is truly switched on with it. His training is unrivaled (dr beer in the USA). I've been a patient if NGF for 3 years and although they are very nice and competent in IVF, they are just not up to speed with the immune treatment in my opinion. They are almost dismissive of dr m's methods which I think is really disrespectful when he is clearly having incredible success with women suffering repeated IVF failures and recurrent miscarriage. I did 6 failed cycles with ngf, they point blank refused to test me for nk cells despite me asking very early on. First cycle (ivf #7) with dr m protocol i got bfp and dd arrived safely. My advice is have all testing done with dr m. You'll save time, money and heartache. happy to elaborate via PM if anyone wants more info.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

Fiona2  (24-06-2014),francesthecat  (24-06-2014),hopespringseternal  (24-06-2014),MGC Bertie  (24-06-2014),timetoshine  (24-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopespringseternal I have pm'ed you

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

hopespringseternal  (24-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @hopespringseternal: May i know what it says on the biopsy result? Still trying to interpret mine.......

Now I am curious to know how much they charge here in perth for the intralipid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    SoClose good luck for tomorrow, so excited you've finally made it to the big day!!! Will be thinking if you!!! Xxx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

soclose  (24-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaps precious heart. Transfer is early tomorrow

Re the intralipids. I do agree that all immune testing should be done through Dr M ie bloods biopsy etc but the intralipids isn't something that needs to be done by him if your fs has the correct protocol. Mine was done through a referral from my fs to the oncologist at our private hospital and it was too easy. They use intralipids all the time. Mine was 500ml and I had the saline flush before an after. Took a few hours. Only cost me my private health rebate of $200 as you are admitted into hospital even though you're only there a few hours. $650 is outrageous eeks!!!! For me it was better all round as I am in Qld and the flights and Dr M's fees etc makes it well over a $1000 trip.

I would say to anyone to get their fs to try and do the same especially if you're interstate. It's worth a go. It delayed my cycle a bit but so worth it. I just told my fs about Dr M and what he wanted done. He's not totally convinced about immune stuff but we've been doing this so long now that he is just going along with it lol.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soclose For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (24-06-2014),PreciousHeart  (24-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhulaine View Post
    Hi precious
    really sorry to hear your devastating news. I lost 6 before 6 weeks (and 1 @12from chromosomes) but in the end to get past 6 weeks my winning combo was IVIG straight away on BFP and Neupogen. I also took the Dex and the clexene but i honestly believe it was mostly the IVIG on BFP that helped me keep this pregnancy so far and I know other women who have had a similar experience where the IVIG made the baby stick. I bleed from BFP till 4weeks 5 days (the day I had the IVIG) and then no bleeding from the morning after the IVIG and currently 17 weeks. If your a dr M patient push him hard for strong ends and maybe consider the IVIG on BFP, it was the best decision I made. Also hang in there. I am on pregnancy number 9 and I look at my growing belly and I can't believe it, it has taken a mountain of drugs lol!!
    Hi Nidhulaine, thanks so much for all your generous, informative posts to everyone... you are a wealth of knowledge and experience and so generous to share constantly It's so exciting you are 17 weeks, I can't imagine what you've been through the last few years...

Dr M is going to call me on 7 July so I can ask him about extra protocol ideas. I was very unimpressed with my FS yesterday who called to say, twice, that it was just "bad luck" my chemical with my first donor cycle, really, is that all he can say to me?!... Anyway, I saw that you started day 1 on dex 2mg instead of 1.5mg so I will ask Dr M about that, also about IVIG on BFP and Neupogen... what level of progesterone did you start on and I guess you were on 40 clexane too... So sorry if you've answered this 100 times but what were your NK CD57 uterus cell levels? mine are 30/mm2 - what are your main immune issues that are being treated with all those drugs?

Also here's a weird one for you all! Anyone had burning tongue pain before, during, after cycles or chemicals, miscarriages??? This is the second time I've had it and I'm sure it's hormone related but which one??? no one seems to know... I think it might be estrogen related. Weird. Oh and I got the really sore throat on 8dpo with this chemical cycle. Not sure if that is normal or an immune issue response. Le sigh...

Take care everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @soclose glad you have a more affordable option for intralipids. You're very lucky. $650 isn't outrageous in my opinion. I would have paid anything to get my dd here safely so every cent I spent with dr m is worth it

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

soclose  (25-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    SoClose thinking of you today. Best of luck. Hope it's a sticky bean and your 2ww goes quickly and smoothly.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

soclose  (25-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Ladybug. My transfers have to be done under GA. FS said it was difficult but he got my little embie in!

Now for the 2ww fun!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soclose For This Useful Post:

ladybug14  (25-06-2014),SimpsonDesert  (25-06-2014)