Closed Thread
Page 55 of 99 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    Soclose: perhaps it depends on the dosage? FS wants to start me clexane on the day of the transfer but with 20mg. DrM suggests 40mg the day after the transfer.

Do u have same dosage of prednisolone throughout? Again FS has different protocol. Starting pred only after O. Then increased to 30mg after transfer.

the prophylactic dose or preventative dose for clexene in pregnancy is 40mg and unless you have multiple clotting problems most people are on this. 2 or more clotting issues will get you 60 or 80mg which is a therapeutic dose. Have read studies comparing the outcomes of being on 80 v 40 and there is no increased live birth rate with the higher dose unless u have the multiple clotting problems. Basically 40mg is the dose you should be taking in pregnancy to prevent problems. 20mg is very little and even my previous FS had me on the 40mg. I would definitely be following Dr M and taking the 40mg. I have started at D1, ovulation and on BFP so I wouldn't worry too much about what day once your on it when you get a BFP.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (21-06-2014),PreciousHeart  (22-06-2014),soclose  (21-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Galea View Post
    Thanks a bit of a busy weekend and then off to see a friends new baby :/

Hubby has a low count. I have a translocation and high 56/57 NK Cells.
    All our embies are CGH tested because of my translocation. First round we got 18 eggs, 11 fertilised, 7 to test and only 1 genetically normal. Failed FET. Second collection 7 again for test. 4 normal. (2 at lower percentage rate) failed FET today.

I dont like the signatures. .... I have a stalker haha.
    Galea a lovely lady I met on an immune board is now 24 weeks pregnant after 5 ivf with only one normal, she has a balanced translocation. When she transferred it looked like she was going to lose it as she was bleeding straight after transfer, heartbreaking after taking 5 cycles for one normal. She is another one who then did IVIG to try and keep her pregnancy. She was very determined to do everything on the immune end to try and keep her one precious embie and it worked. You need to really push for an aggressive immune protocol because you have the extra stress of the translocation and I think it's so unfair that you don't even get a rebate from Medicare for PGD when it's clearly a nescessity. Good luck and I hope you get your immune protocol sorted so you can have a successful FET.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Pihu why did it get delayed? Mine is July 9th
    @Scruffy keep us posted
    @bbhope I think I will be on similar meds, what is your diagnosis?
    @Galea I am so sorry That is creepy about the stalker!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhulaine View Post
    Galea a lovely lady I met on an immune board is now 24 weeks pregnant after 5 ivf with only one normal, she has a balanced translocation. When she transferred it looked like she was going to lose it as she was bleeding straight after transfer, heartbreaking after taking 5 cycles for one normal. She is another one who then did IVIG to try and keep her pregnancy. She was very determined to do everything on the immune end to try and keep her one precious embie and it worked. You need to really push for an aggressive immune protocol because you have the extra stress of the translocation and I think it's so unfair that you don't even get a rebate from Medicare for PGD when it's clearly a nescessity. Good luck and I hope you get your immune protocol sorted so you can have a successful FET.
    I was on Dr Ms protocol for this transfer. I started 15mg of prednisolone from day 1, up to 20mg at transfer and clexane and 400 progesterone daily and 1500units of pregnal every 3 days. I really dont know how much more aggressive I could have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona2 View Post
    @Pihu why did it get delayed? Mine is July 9th
    @Scruffy keep us posted
    @bbhope I think I will be on similar meds, what is your diagnosis?
    @Galea I am so sorry That is creepy about the stalker!
    Haha yes it is. She is an extended family member and .....bonkers.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Galea For This Useful Post:

Fiona2  (21-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies Big Hi to all
    Reading along for a long time everything has been so helpful...have a question you could help clarify. I'm with Dr M too. Question..for those who had intralipid before transfer and were lucky enough to get bfp, did Dr M alter intralipid protocol for the following ones or was it exactly the same amount of intralipid, same administration with flush before/ after.
    Thk you for your feedback TT

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tezza I had 5 x intralipids in my successful pregnancy, one before transfer then at 5, 11, 19, 27wks. All the same dose, 500ml.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (21-06-2014),PreciousHeart  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry for your news Galea. Such a hard road this! Big hugs.

Thanks girls for info on clexane.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to soclose For This Useful Post:

Galea  (21-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Galea View Post
    I was on Dr Ms protocol for this transfer. I started 15mg of prednisolone from day 1, up to 20mg at transfer and clexane and 400 progesterone daily and 1500units of pregnal every 3 days. I really dont know how much more aggressive I could have been.

Haha yes it is. She is an extended family member and .....bonkers.
    Galea, dr M usually gets more aggressive with the meds as he goes along. I have done 2 cycles on immune meds and started with intralipid, 25mg clexene and progesterone but by the end of it with the pregnancy I now have I was intralipids, IVIG (every 4 weeks), Neupogen for 9 weeks, dexamethasone, clexene and progesterone and even though dr M has great success everyone does not get their BFP on their first cycle of immune treatments. I have a friend who is on her fifth cycle and Everytime something new gets added. Positive she will get there eventually but I just want to point out there is always something else more to try and don't feel disheartened if you didn't have success with your first Dr M immune protocol. Good luck

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

Galea  (21-06-2014),PreciousHeart  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Fiona: high ANA that might associate with the above normal anti-dsDNA, according to Dr. M, I have elevated NK cell BT (CD 56 & 57) as well as in the uterus.

I am still trying to figure out the normal range for CD 56 & 57 in the uterine biopsy. Anyone? CD 4 and CD 8 are incredible high...not sure they are relevant. I just didn't get what Dr. M said about the normal range.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Fiona2  (22-06-2014),terrifictezza(TT)  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thks Bella for feedback, really good to know how works for others too, at the moment finding it hard to get direct feedback from Dr M. Tx