Closed Thread
Page 50 of 99 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Pihu,

He waited for me with my daughter - they stayed in the café! Partners are not allowed in the theatre if you are under a General Anaesthetic if that's what you mean? I had a Caesar 4 yrs ago and had to be knocked out so hubby had to wait outside even though he was all dressed up and ready to go in!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hopespringseternal For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (17-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi jvt83 - Dr Gamal Matthias is based in Bankstown, NSW. You can Google him and his details will come up. He does over the phone consultations too which is very handy!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hopespringseternal For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (17-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

My last FS didn't give me anaesthesia for biopsy...do we have option for that with dr. M just curious.

Cheers,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also please advise us about cost as well. Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    quick update, had hcg this morning and not looking good.. level was 237 today and 117 on thursday... dr m says rest and another test on friday... not hopeful..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    PreciousHeart.... oh I hope it picks up. It was looking so good and I was sure it was going to work for you :-(

Jvt83.... Dr M does consultations in Miranda, Bankstown and just recently he started them on a Friday in Liverpool, so quite handy, no matter where you are in Sydney. Otherwise, yes, phone consults are an excellent option.

AFM.... After two years of my FS saying he doesn't believe in Natural Killer Cells (and me going behind his back to Dr M anyhow!), my FS says today, "We should test you for Natural Killer Cells". I could have fallen off my seat, but just smiled inside! So as I was having a Day 21 endometrial scratch anyhow, he did it there and then. I know that it's not the full NKC biopsy that Dr M does and sends off overseas, but it's certainly a start, especially since I've not been able to have the full one done with Dr M due to timings of IVF cycles in the past 6 months since I've been seeing him.

I asked my FS some my questions - he will continue with aspiring and clexane, but wouldn't agree to Prednisolone (which I've been taken for the previous 3 cycles anyhow) as he says it can cause cleft palate. I hadn't heard that before, but thought it strange since on my last cycle one of my nurses actually commented about Prednisolone, so obviously some doctors at that clinic are prescribing it, but obviously not mine. When I mentioned Dexamethasane, I thought he was going to have a fit, so that was a "no" from him. Then I mentioned Feldene (Piroxicam) which is meant to stop the uterus contracting during ET, but he'd never heard of it. He looked it up right there and then, but the first study he found (one from 2009) said it didn't work, so a "no" for that too. I kind of gave up at that point, as was planning to ask about Augementin, Doxycycline and Nuprogen, but I think I'll just leave all those, plus the "no's" for Dr M next week, whom I'm likely to get a less biased opinion.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (17-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh MGC Bertie, wow that sounds like a very difficult session to sit through... wow, definitely stick with what Dr M recommends for you Why did your FS have a fit when you mentioned dex? mine just said "it's the same thing" as pred, which of course WE know it isn't... must be the crossing placenta thing but they get you off it before placenta starts functioning with your blood or whatever at the end of week 9. And as for cleft palate it's 1:1000 risk and I reckon it's because dex and other steroids deplete you of magnesium and other minerals which are culpable with cleft palate unless genetic.

Hope you get some good answers and more aggressive protocol from Dr M soon!

So close how are you???? hope all is well

Hi everyone else!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (18-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @PreciousHeart oh my heart goes out to you and I hope it kicks back up!!! Hearing that any of us here can get pregnant gives me hope!!
    Hang in there !! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    PreciousHeart, thinking of you and sending lots of good sticky bean vibes your way. Fingers and toes crossed for good news on Friday.

SoClose, how did your scan go yesterday? Hope it was good news for you. My lining had grown .2mm in 10 days! The Dr said she would cancel the cycle if it wasn't looking good but now they want to try me on estrogen patches as well. On so many drugs I feel like if I ever do get pregnant again I'll deliver an elephant and not a baby!

Hope everyone is having a good week.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (18-06-2014),soclose  (18-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hearts breaking for you PH. I hope your little embie is just a slow starter and keeps getting stronger. Hoping and praying for you xx

Ladybug what is your lining at now? Mine was actually ok considering I'd had a heavy bleed. It was almost at 8. So I start progesterone injections and pessaries Friday and transfer is next Wednesday in snuck in another intralipid too!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to soclose For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (18-06-2014)