Closed Thread
Page 45 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Girls my naturopath at the Jocelyn Centre years ago told me selenium is very important for lining - you can get her NFM brand drops for $12 from the centre or Dr Earth Heath food stores. E is important too, I would keep taking it or eat avocado every day. Brazil nuts are high in selenium, eat 5 a day when TTC / in a cycle... Unless you're allergic!

Ladybug is the Thorne brand multi better than InNatal do you think??? Might switch... I started getting methyl b9,12&6 a few months ago & I feel so much more energetic it's great! All from iherb.com thanks to this thread.

i will now eat an orange a day for more vitamin c I think!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

ladybug14  (14-06-2014),soclose  (14-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A big congrats precious heart!!! 🎉👶🙏

4. The Following User Says Thank You to timetoshine For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (14-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @PreciousHeart huge congrats!!

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fiona2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Babychino when is your appointment?

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PreciousHeart View Post
    Hey ladies, get a load of this:

"Corticosteroids (cortisone, dexamethasone, hydrocortisone, prednisone) deplete calcium, folic acid, magnesium, potassium, selenium, vitamin C, vitamin D, and zinc"

I knew of some of the vitmains/minerals it affected - I hit my little finger this morning on who knows what, nothing to remember, maybe putting my shoe on or something, nothing major and within seconds I got this huge bruise all the way around my pinkie!!! I know it's from the steroids as my Dad has bad bruising on and off cause of his use of prednisone for asthma... Lordy it gave me a fright! steroids are so strong, make sure you take care to take supplements of the things it depletes, I'm adding vitamin C to the list!!! The bruise still hurts, looks like I hit my finger with a hammer. Anyone had this on the dex or pred??? Have to be careful not to bash into anything...

Can't wait to be weaned of the steroids, it's full on isn't it?!!!

first of all big congratulations precious heart and wishing you a very quiet and stress free 9 months. The bruising is not the steroids, it's the clexene. As it gradually builds up in your system you will bruise easier and bigger! You don't just bruise at the injection site. It's quite normal but I have definitely tried to be less clumsy as my legs were getting covered in purple bruises.
    The steroids were definitely the worst and I was on dex 2mg till week 9, prepare yourself and DH for the mood swings as the kick in with the pregnancy hormones. Good luck

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by soclose View Post
    Thank you hopesprings. It has been way too long this journey with never even a hint of implantation in all these years. What symptons do you have if you don't mind me asking?
    Hi Soclose - apart from large number of losses my symptoms are as follows: prolific sneezing, ithches/hives, usual pregnancy symptoms but when I am losing my angel I feel a terrible stabbing pain which is when I know it is over - it really hurts. I only get these symptoms when I am pregnant but I have had auto-immune issues in the past so am susceptible.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to hopespringseternal For This Useful Post:

soclose  (14-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep its the clexane not the steroids.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to katiana For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, can I please pick your brains a little??

I'm just gearing up for my third m/c in a row. First was at 7 weeks, then my heartbreaker at 11 weeks and I'm currently 8 weeks on Monday if I don't m/c before then (dropping hCG, progesterone halved and yesterday's scan showed a very slow, erratic heartbeat ). All of them are/were missed m/c with no blood or pain until they had passed away.

I took 2 years to get utd with my daughter and I've been trying for #2 for 17months. I have PCOS which is apparently our only hurdle.

So I'm trying to figure out what's with all of these heartbreaking losses and as we're moving onto IVF, I want to try and figure it out before forking out 5, 10, 15+ thousand $$$$ just to keep miscarrying?!

So can anyone please help with any of these questions I'm having difficulty answering with Dr Google ?
    * Does anyone have other children but have now been diagnosed with HNK cells? Is that even possible??
    * How did you get tested for and diagnosed with HNK cells? What tests should I be asking my FS to request for me? My FS is a little skeptical about these sorts of things and said it's still being researched.
    *Are there any symptoms that I should be looking out for?
    *My FS said we can look into trying me on a low dose of steroids and blood thinners for my next (hopeful) pregnancy. Is there a better time in my cycle or pregnancy that I should start these?
    *If I did have HNK cells, would I even be making it to 7/8/11 weeks pregnant or would they be making any form of implantation impossible?

Thanks in advance if you are able to answer any of these questions. Wishing you all the very best of luck! xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladydee View Post
    Hi ladies, can I please pick your brains a little??

I'm just gearing up for my third m/c in a row. First was at 7 weeks, then my heartbreaker at 11 weeks and I'm currently 8 weeks on Monday if I don't m/c before then (dropping hCG, progesterone halved and yesterday's scan showed a very slow, erratic heartbeat ). All of them are/were missed m/c with no blood or pain until they had passed away.

I took 2 years to get utd with my daughter and I've been trying for #2 for 17months. I have PCOS which is apparently our only hurdle.

So I'm trying to figure out what's with all of these heartbreaking losses and as we're moving onto IVF, I want to try and figure it out before forking out 5, 10, 15+ thousand $$$$ just to keep miscarrying?!

So can anyone please help with any of these questions I'm having difficulty answering with Dr Google ?
    * Does anyone have other children but have now been diagnosed with HNK cells? Is that even possible??
    * How did you get tested for and diagnosed with HNK cells? What tests should I be asking my FS to request for me? My FS is a little skeptical about these sorts of things and said it's still being researched.
    *Are there any symptoms that I should be looking out for?
    *My FS said we can look into trying me on a low dose of steroids and blood thinners for my next (hopeful) pregnancy. Is there a better time in my cycle or pregnancy that I should start these?
    *If I did have HNK cells, would I even be making it to 7/8/11 weeks pregnant or would they be making any form of implantation impossible?

Thanks in advance if you are able to answer any of these questions. Wishing you all the very best of luck! xx
    Hi ladydee
    I'm so sorry to read you're about to go through another loss. You sound like a textbook case for possible nk cells. There are several ladies on this thread (many no longer post) who gave been in similar situations. Have you read the previous 3 threads? Heaps of relevant info there.
    My advice would be to have an endometrial biopsy and extensive nkc/immune testing. Mos fs dont do this thoroughly. Not sure where you are located but the go to dr in Australia is dr gamal Matthias in Sydney. He does phone consults.
    If you have no issue falling pregnant then I don't think ivf is necessary. You can do an immune protocol and fall pregnant naturally.
    Get a copy of Is You Body Baby Friendly by dr Alan beer. About $20 on booktopia I think. @Nidhulaine will probably be a good person to advise you as she has a daughter, then had many mcs and is now pg on dr m immune protocol.
    Wishing you all the best

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (14-06-2014),PreciousHeart  (14-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ladydee I've PMed you.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (14-06-2014)