Closed Thread
Page 44 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Soclose, I don't think it matters too much. Dr Sher says intralipids/ivig at least 10-14 days before embryos transfer is best. You could post a question re possibly doing the intralipids again on Dr Sher's blog (haveababy.com) and he'll answer it in a day or so - if you don't get anywhere with G! Good luck!

My FET has been pushed out thanks to thin lining too. I'm scanning again Tuesday as well, I'll have my fingers crossed for you.

Hope your week is going well ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by soclose View Post
    Ladies I need your help please!'

Had scan this morning and my lining is not thick enough so no transfer next week. I have another scan Tuesday and of its thickened I will start progesterone support but that means transfer five days after that. Problem is I already had my intralipids this Tuesday so will not be in the 7 to 10 timeframe before transfer.

Should I have another intralipid? I will ask G but god knows she comes up with some odd answers.

Anyone got any ideas? So stressed now. I don't want to waste this infusion an it's easy to get another one.

Please any advice would be so appreciated!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (13-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree that it’s so completely frustrating that most FS aren’t happy to look outside the box and consider things like immune issues, especially when you’re in the unexplained box. After countless clomid cycles, IUIs and 4 failed IVFs I’m finally on the right track (hopefully anyway!) with a diagnosis of high NK cells (blood and uterus). Only wish that I’d fought harder and done the testing earlier back in the IUI days. I harped on and on about it and was told repeatedly that it was so unlikely it wasn’t even worth thinking about. So anyone reading this go with your gut instinct and insist on testing before you get lead down the not so merry old ivf garden path!

Quote Originally Posted by Babychino View Post
    I am with you on this, I am very disappointed as well. I have only found out today that after 4 unsuccessful cycles, I have not yet been tested for NK cells. Even though, I have repeated ask FS whether my NK cells level are fine and he said yes!!!

I have an appointment with Dr. M and hopefully he will be the start of my hopes and dreams....

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (12-06-2014),Glitterose  (15-06-2014),PreciousHeart  (13-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much ladybug. Looks like we're in the same boat! Will see what Tuesdays scan will bring but it's most likely I'm looking at yet another cancelled cycle. It's hard to believe but we've had more cancelled cycles over the years than full cycles. Getting very very over it. Good luck and let us know how your scan goes too. fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopespringseternal View Post
    My heart goes out to you soclose TTC for 8.5 yrs. If you're had every other test done and Dr M has found that your NK cells are high I really hope this will finally work for you. I have read so much about NK cell activity and it is quite disturbing just how effective they can be at destroying the dream. In my case I could even tell they were becoming more and more effective because of the symptoms I had. It is tragic that the only reason I found Dr M was through my own research- no Dr referred me to him. I suspect I am not the only one! My prayers are with you.
    Thank you hopesprings. It has been way too long this journey with never even a hint of implantation in all these years. What symptons do you have if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're one heck of a strong lady Soclose. Fingers and toes are crossed that Tuesday brings good news for you-you most certainly deserve it.

I've been soaking my feet in warm water each night and taking extra Vit E and C to help build the lining. Who knows if it will help-but no harm trying right!

Quote Originally Posted by soclose View Post
    Thanks so much ladybug. Looks like we're in the same boat! Will see what Tuesdays scan will bring but it's most likely I'm looking at yet another cancelled cycle. It's hard to believe but we've had more cancelled cycles over the years than full cycles. Getting very very over it. Good luck and let us know how your scan goes too. fingers crossed!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

soclose  (13-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Funny thing Ladybug, is Dr M put me on vitamin e in December to help with my lining and its the worse its ever been! Go figure that one lol I've never had lining issues before.

So I asked Dr Sher about the intralipid timing prior to transfer. He said 2 weeks is ideal! So now I'm confused. I've always been told and read that best time is between 7 and 10 days. So which one is it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies! I'm very happy and excited to report that we had our first ever donor cycle (fresh transfer) over the last few weeks and I had my bloods yesterday and we are pregnant!!!! Hoping Dr M's protocol of 2mg dex, 40 clexane, 800mg progesterone and intralipids are enough to get us through to term. I have a mild blood NK imbalance but high NK uterus cells (CD57) at 30 per mm squared (just so you know what my protocol is for!)

I keep staring at the pee sticks I took a year ago with my last transfer of our final embie that fertilised - day 14 had 2 lines and I just can't believe that it was the HCG trigger and booster... maybe it was but I do wonder if it was a chemical and I didn't know about my immune issues yet. So pleased to have found this thread and taken matters into my own hands in getting an NK biopsy and testing with Dr M. What would we all do without that man??!!!

SOclose my dear I really hope everything pulls together for you soon... if it's a cancel then just believe it's the best thing and that your time is still coming, I have great faith - you've never done this before, have faith, you will get there!!! I do wish they could help you more with all this stupid bleeding and what not... WTF?!!

I found the bit online where an Amercain doctor states the following about the effectiveness of intralipid (nadir I think means when it's at its peak of working):

"The nadir of suppression is aboout 7 days. but it has effect within one day and lasts for an average of 28 days. Intralipid suppresses the killing activity of NK cells not the cell number. Dr. Coulam"

the link is
    http://www.inciid.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41999 (inciid-dot-org-slash-forum-slash-showthread-dot-php?t=41999)

I really don't know about 2 intralipids closer than 4 weeks apart... I will ask Dr M for you when I see him for my next dose in a week or two

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

Bella978  (14-06-2014),Glitterose  (15-06-2014),MGC Bertie  (14-06-2014),SimpsonDesert  (13-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    PreciousHeart OOOMMMGGG!! Huge congrats on your BFP! So excited for you and hope you have an easy pregnancy xo

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (13-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies, get a load of this:

"Corticosteroids (cortisone, dexamethasone, hydrocortisone, prednisone) deplete calcium, folic acid, magnesium, potassium, selenium, vitamin C, vitamin D, and zinc"

I knew of some of the vitmains/minerals it affected - I hit my little finger this morning on who knows what, nothing to remember, maybe putting my shoe on or something, nothing major and within seconds I got this huge bruise all the way around my pinkie!!! I know it's from the steroids as my Dad has bad bruising on and off cause of his use of prednisone for asthma... Lordy it gave me a fright! steroids are so strong, make sure you take care to take supplements of the things it depletes, I'm adding vitamin C to the list!!! The bruise still hurts, looks like I hit my finger with a hammer. Anyone had this on the dex or pred??? Have to be careful not to bash into anything...

Can't wait to be weaned of the steroids, it's full on isn't it?!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    PreciousHeart Congratuations, that's fabulous news. So happy for you. Wishing you a happy, healthy 9 months and an even happier and healthier lifetime with your new addition!

Funny you mention bruises, I've noticed that my clexane bruises from my last cycle (over 2 months ago) are still quite visible-I wonder if it's connected to the steroids?! Thorne Research do an awesome prenatal (especially good for MTHFR with all the right folate/B vit forms). You can order it on iherb and get sent to Aust.

Soclose, interesting re the Vit E. I think I might lay off it!

Have a good weekend ladies.