Closed Thread
Page 43 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=miissalina;7809929]@Bella978 ah really?? I didn't even look at how many mls I was to busy being anxious about how I'd feel lol
    When I suggested it I was told it mite lower my NK cells to much and you need a certain amount in the uterus to help implantation so I'm hoping the dexamethasone covers the ones that are still running around and being over active

Missalina, I am one of those women who needs some inflamation for implantation. Even with all the immune drugs I need a HSG (an imagining test that flushes liquid through the uterus) or laprascopy to get implantation but I get it every time I include one of these procedures.

What I can tell you is that , as someone who definitely needs some inflamation the intralipids or even the IVIG (much stronger) which I am on now have never prevented implantation, they simply prevent the parent cells at the start of your cycle from producing lots of killer cells after ovulation, another reason why infusions should always be done around 7 days before ovulation. There are different types of drugs like Humira which do remove almost all inflamation and you need to wait a few cycles after trying it before trying to concieve so you have some implantation but a 500ml bottle of intralipids is not going to wipe out all implantation. In fact intralipids is often not strong enough and many women end up trying IVIG. Dr M will not up an intralipid dose he will swap to the big guns IVIG if it doesn't work. I have friends in the uk who have done 200mls but they do it more frequently than every 4 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Soclose.... I'm just waiting now for all my appointments which start in a weeks time - first FS, next day endocrinologist, then a week later Dr M. As much as I'd love to start an FET ASAP, I have to get my silly thyroid under control and I really think I will miss the window for an FET this month, so I'm trying to stay relaxed about time slipping by :-))
    Sometimes I find the waiting between cycles way more stressful than cycling! Hate it! But we have no choice. I hope you get it all sorted so you're ready next month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Glitterose. So many knowledgable ladies here to help. This forum is a godsend! Best of luck!

Yes PH had my first intralipids yesterday! Took just over three hours and that was with flushing with saline as well. When is your BT?

Getting nervous about transfer next week. Only two donor embryos left and we are finished this journey. After so many years of being consumed with ivf I can't imagine life without it. It's all we do . Praying Dr M can get us over the line in these two goes and that our embie survives the thaw next week.

Hope everyone is well. Haven't seen Helenmac in ages. Hope you're ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My heart goes out to you soclose TTC for 8.5 yrs. If you're had every other test done and Dr M has found that your NK cells are high I really hope this will finally work for you. I have read so much about NK cell activity and it is quite disturbing just how effective they can be at destroying the dream. In my case I could even tell they were becoming more and more effective because of the symptoms I had. It is tragic that the only reason I found Dr M was through my own research- no Dr referred me to him. I suspect I am not the only one! My prayers are with you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hopespringseternal For This Useful Post:

soclose  (12-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies I need your help please!'

Had scan this morning and my lining is not thick enough so no transfer next week. I have another scan Tuesday and of its thickened I will start progesterone support but that means transfer five days after that. Problem is I already had my intralipids this Tuesday so will not be in the 7 to 10 timeframe before transfer.

Should I have another intralipid? I will ask G but god knows she comes up with some odd answers.

Anyone got any ideas? So stressed now. I don't want to waste this infusion an it's easy to get another one.

Please any advice would be so appreciated!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soclose View Post

Had scan this morning and my lining is not thick enough so no transfer next week. I have another scan Tuesday and of its thickened I will start progesterone support but that means transfer five days after that. Problem is I already had my intralipids this Tuesday so will not be in the 7 to 10 timeframe before transfer.

Should I have another intralipid? I will ask G but god knows she comes up with some odd answers.

Anyone got any ideas? So stressed now. I don't want to waste this infusion an it's easy to get another one.

I had my intralipid infusion on 29 may as I wanted to do it on 9 June but dr m was away. My transfer won't be till next week so it will be about 18-20 days before transfer that I had infusion.
    @Nidhulaine and dr m both explained to me that it is better to have it earlier than later as it's job is to stop the parent nk cells from multiplying. Also women who try naturally only have infusions every 3 months, so I'm sure you will be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for that Chiefsgirl. I wasn't sure as this is my first one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by soclose View Post

extract from Dr Sher
    This is how it happens: So called “progenitor NK cells” reach the uterus early in the menstrual cycle where, under the effect of estrogen, they undergo proliferation. These “progenitor NK cells” are NOT the ones that influence implantation. This role is effected through their “offspring”, i.e., “functional NK cells” which they propagate after being exposed to progesterone. This is produced after natural or induced ovulation, or following progesterone hormone therapy.
    Thereupon it takes approximately 5-7 days for these “progenitors” to spawn a sufficient number of “functional NK cells” at the implantation site to influence orderly implantation. It is by no coincidence that this aligns with the time that the embryo implants into the uterine lining (endometrium).
    Neither IVIG nor IL is capable of significantly suppressing already activated “functional NK cells.” For this to happen, the IL/IVIG must influence “progenitor (parent) NK cell” activity. Thus it should be infused several days prior to ovulation or progesterone administration so that the down-regulated “progenitor NK cells” will propagate a sufficient number of normally regulated “functional NK cells” to be present at the implantation site 7 days later.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (12-06-2014),PreciousHeart  (12-06-2014),soclose  (13-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaps Nidhulaine. To complicate things more i woke up to a period this morning! Ugh!!' FS is sitting on the fence with that one. WTF
    does that mean??? LOL. Total confusion

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am with you on this, I am very disappointed as well. I have only found out today that after 4 unsuccessful cycles, I have not yet been tested for NK cells. Even though, I have repeated ask FS whether my NK cells level are fine and he said yes!!!

I have an appointment with Dr. M and hopefully he will be the start of my hopes and dreams....

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry Swirl View Post
    Thanks Kiwi76, still waiting for my book to turn up in the mail.

I got my referral for NK cell testing in the mail today from my FS. It came with an info sheet called "NK Cells - New Investigations". I thought the paragraph below was interesting:

NK Cell Testing can be considered for patients in the following situations:
    - recurrent miscarriages - defined as:
    - 3 successive miscarriages if aged less than 35 years
    - 2 successive miscarriages if aged over 35 years
    - repeated IVF failure - defined as:
    - 2 or more unsuccessful fresh IVF cycles
    - unexplained infertility (where a patient does not want IVF)
    - patient request

I'm a bit annoyed as DH and I were diagnosed as "unexplained infertility" almost a year ago and my line of questioning made it pretty clear that I didn't see the point of IVF if we were "unexplained". Yet this test was never mentioned, I had to directly ask for it. By the posts in this thread it doesn't seem like the FS raises it with the patient very often.

Blueberry Swirl