Closed Thread
Page 4 of 99 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    Welcome @Blueberry Swirl - you've certainly come to the right place, so many of the ladies here are so knowledgeable!

If it was me, I would def spend the time and $$ seeing dr m first. I think he does the tests differently and reads them in conjunction with others that most FS don't do. My FS did blood tests and I came back negative for everything, but when I did dr m's I have high antinuclear antibodies and nk cells. Have you read the book is my body baby friendly? It's a must read before you see dr m, it explains things really well.

There is no harm in testing yourself and being armed with every bit of knowledge before embarking on ivf. Which is traumatic, expensive and takes a toll physically and mentally on both you and your partner.

Good luck!
    Thanks for the advice Chiefsgirl. I ordered the book over a week ago, still waiting for it to arrive. I went and saw my FS on Friday as they do test for NK cells. They mentioned that they don't normally do it until after 2-3 failed IVF attempts but they would do it if I wanted it done. I saw a new doctor there who was much better than the previous doctors I had seen. I was surprised, he was quite familiar with Dr M's work and has had a few patients that see Dr M while undergoing IVF. He didn't actually come out and say it but I got the impression from him that he thought it would be best to wait and see Dr M before starting IVF. So I've decided to wait until May for my appointment with Dr M, 7 more weeks!

Chiefsgirl, nattie84, francesthecat - good luck with your cycles!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blueberry Swirl For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (31-03-2014),francesthecat  (31-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone,
    Not sure if I fit in here, I don't know where I belong really. I recently had a biopsy done to test for NK cells and I should get the results later this week. A bit about me. I have one earth baby and have had 6 miscarriages. All losses have been early no later than 6.5weeks. I can't even remember what I have been tested for but the frustrating thing is everything is coming back clear. My FS doesn't seem too convinced about NK cells and said there isn't much info out there to prove it causes issues. I pushed anyway and was put on prednisone, clexane, 200mg pessaries, high dose folate plus other meds and I got my sticky baby. But sadly it didn't work for the following pregnancy. I guess I just don't know where I go to from here. I just want some answers and hopefully I will get some once I get my results

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you kindly timetoshine! Did Dr M mentioned what would have happened if you got a BFN? I presume you would have to wean even off 10mg of Pred.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Satelite.... Dr M never mentioned about weaning off Prednisolone - both times I got a BFN I just stopped them straight away (along with stopping aspirin too) - both times I seemed to have headaches for about 2-3 days, but they were pretty mild, so I didn't worry. Have others been told to wean off these things?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, drop to 5mg for 2 days then quit until cd14 again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies, If u have immune problem and had done FET with dr M protocol, when did u have to start taking the meds? A month before the FET or during the FET cycle? I want to plan ahead for appt with Dr M.

Bertie, hope 3rd is the charm! I keep my FX for u everytime!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I need your help. I thought after all this time I was a pro haha

I had a semi positive opk on Sunday (cd12) I never get true positives. And then totally negative yesterday. Temp still hasn't gone up but dipped today.

According to Fertility Plus...." Most people will ovulate 12-48 hours after the LH surge is detected, most common is 36 hours after the actual surge. One should get a bit more notice, 24-48 hours, by testing in the afternoon.

So I am hoping I am ovulating today?

I am going to start my dex today just in case but not sure about the Clexane? Does anyone take it prior to ovulation?

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can someone please tell me if Gavin Sacks does intralipids?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by soclose View Post
    Can someone please tell me if Gavin Sacks does intralipids?

Thanks!
    Nope

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nattie84 For This Useful Post:

soclose  (01-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Nattie. I didn't think he did. My Qld fs has now agreed to do my intralipids here and is seeking direction from Gavin as he said that he does them. He has tried getting the info from Dr M but said its like pulling teeth. No surprises there!

At this rate I should be cycling by this time next year.