Closed Thread
Page 39 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Gentay and Nidhulaine..... thank you so much for all that. I will be writing all that down for when I see Dr M in a couple of weeks. I have asked him before about doing IVIG before transfer, but he said no, but I am going to ask again! I have had lots of tests, but I know there's a few that haven't been done, plus I have my throid playing up at the moment, so am doing blood tests galore to try and sort that before doing the next FET. Thanks soooo much for all your help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC Bertie, regarding your thyroid, in addition to testing TSH, T3 and T4 levels, be sure to check thyroid antibody levels. If these are very elevated, do not perform any FET until the antibodies are treated and reduced by corticosteroids. If they are not treated, be prepared for a BFN or worse still, a chemical pregnancy.

Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Gentay and Nidhulaine..... thank you so much for all that. I will be writing all that down for when I see Dr M in a couple of weeks. I have asked him before about doing IVIG before transfer, but he said no, but I am going to ask again! I have had lots of tests, but I know there's a few that haven't been done, plus I have my throid playing up at the moment, so am doing blood tests galore to try and sort that before doing the next FET. Thanks soooo much for all your help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HIHI.
    I got IVIg in my treatment. To find out how much you need its 0,4*your weigth = how many grams.
    It should be given like intralipid - 7 to 10 days before transfer.

Best of luck!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to B123 For This Useful Post:

ladybug14  (05-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gentay.... thanks for that. I think I have been tested for Thyroid Antibodies before, but I can't seem to find the paperwork on it, so I've written it down right now to ask next time. I have a blood form to be done again next week for TSH, T3, T4 - I wonder if I just add on it myself "Thyroid Antibodies" if they'll jack up about it??? Or is there a "code" for that which will look more like the doctor wrote it on????

What meds exactly are corticosteroids? Isn't Prednisolone a type of steroid? Is that what you mean, as I've already been taking that for the past 3 cycles.

B123.... I'm interested that you took 40mg Prednisolone. Dr M prescribed me 25mg from EPU, then 30mg from transfer, and most other people who have mentioned dosages on here haven't taken more than that. I will write that on my question list too.

I was hoping to go straight into an FET, but I'm preparing myself that my thyroid issues won't be sorted in the next few weeks, and we'll have to miss a month. As much as I know that's what I have to do, every month that goes by and I get older (and I'm already old enough!), I feel that I'm losing the battle.

The only good news, is that even though I've eaten so many bad foods in the past couple of months, my GP told me yesterday that my cholesterol is improving - go figure!! So I treated myself to chocolate cake tonight!! Lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

PreciousHeart  (07-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MGC Bertie,

Have a look at this helpful link regarding thyroid antibodies:

http://labtestsonline.org/understand...odies/tab/test

Have a look at the second column in the table - these are the abbreviations you need. A lot of GPs wont order antibody blood tests if TSH, T3 and T4 are normal but even if your TSH is normal or is controlled by medication, it does not mean that you may not have a problem with antibodies. An good endocrinologist will usually look into the antibody situation. But generally, elevated antibodies are not treated with medication - only TSH is corrected. But with immune reproductive issues, antibodies need to be corrected. I do not think that endocrinologists know this but reproductive immunologists such as Dr M do.
    I usually have TPOAb and TgAb tested as these are the ones that are assocd with Hahismoto's Thyroiditis. The other thing to bear in mind is that some path labs do not test all of these antibodies but I would write them all down on your blood test slip and hope for the best.
    The corticosteroids that I have taken are Prednisolone and Dexamethasone. Apparently they work differently. Dex is stronger than Prednis.
    I know how eager you are to go ahead with an FET but do get your thyroid antibodies tested. It may be they aren't elevated anyway

Gentay.... thanks for that. I think I have been tested for Thyroid Antibodies before, but I can't seem to find the paperwork on it, so I've written it down right now to ask next time. I have a blood form to be done again next week for TSH, T3, T4 - I wonder if I just add on it myself "Thyroid Antibodies" if they'll jack up about it??? Or is there a "code" for that which will look more like the doctor wrote it on????

What meds exactly are corticosteroids? Isn't Prednisolone a type of steroid? Is that what you mean, as I've already been taking that for the past 3 cycles.

B123.... I'm interested that you took 40mg Prednisolone. Dr M prescribed me 25mg from EPU, then 30mg from transfer, and most other people who have mentioned dosages on here haven't taken more than that. I will write that on my question list too.

I was hoping to go straight into an FET, but I'm preparing myself that my thyroid issues won't be sorted in the next few weeks, and we'll have to miss a month. As much as I know that's what I have to do, every month that goes by and I get older (and I'm already old enough!), I feel that I'm losing the battle.

The only good news, is that even though I've eaten so many bad foods in the past couple of months, my GP told me yesterday that my cholesterol is improving - go figure!! So I treated myself to chocolate cake tonight!! Lol
    Last edited by Gentay; 05-06-2014 at 09:52.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gentay For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (04-06-2014),PreciousHeart  (07-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gentay... thanks you sooooo much. Will check that website out right now, and thanks for all your other help too. Thanks heaps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ladybug14 View Post
    Soclose, best of luck for the 18th. If all goes to plan i'll have my transfer around then too.

Francesthecat, thanks heaps for the info and prices. Still waiting to get an idea of $$ from Dr M!

Gentary, Congrats on the pregnancy! Hope all is going well. Thanks for all the info. Monthly IVIG, wow! Good to know what I could be in for. Maybe I should be pushing Dr M to up the dose a little.
    Thanks! Let me know how it goes. My intralipids are the 10th so hoping this will be what I need for implantation. Trying to be positive but cautiously!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to soclose For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (05-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello - I am new to the group but have been following a while. I thought that a problem shared is a problem halved so here I go. We are lucky enough to have one beautiful daughter but alas I have secondary infertility in the form of high NK cells. I have had so many tests done but managed to figure out by myself that this was the problem. Dr G Matthias confirmed the condition and I currently have a gallon of blood in Chicago being tested further. Hysteroscopy and biopsy are scheduled for next week which I am anxious about. Anyway. Dr M is our last hope to give my daughter a sibling. Good luck to all you ladies out there. For the record and it pains me to say this - I have had 16 confirmed mcs over the last 2 years.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi MGC - my friend got preg and she needed to go straight onto thyroxine and it made a difference to being able to hold onto it. Maybe ask Dr M about that. It's been such a long touch journey for you and SC so I would just insist with Dr M to throw the works at it this time. Dr M said to me that he didn't start us on IVIg before EPU due to the cost as might not get a BFP. I would just tell him that the cost of anther cycle means worth trying to avoid it by spending more on ivig on this one.

i got moved from intralipids to IVIg after my BFP due to serious antiphospholid antibody issues. Also took Dex 30mg from start.

Ladybug - pretty sure my IVIg dose was 15mg based on 50kg body weight if that helps. Think Hk IVIg puts people on more as they charge by the bottle so just use Dr M dose.

oh I so wish all you ladies so much luck! X

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kiwi76 For This Useful Post:

ladybug14  (05-06-2014),MGC Bertie  (05-06-2014),PreciousHeart  (07-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopespringseternal View Post
    Hello - I am new to the group but have been following a while. I thought that a problem shared is a problem halved so here I go. We are lucky enough to have one beautiful daughter but alas I have secondary infertility in the form of high NK cells. I have had so many tests done but managed to figure out by myself that this was the problem. Dr G Matthias confirmed the condition and I currently have a gallon of blood in Chicago being tested further. Hysteroscopy and biopsy are scheduled for next week which I am anxious about. Anyway. Dr M is our last hope to give my daughter a sibling. Good luck to all you ladies out there. For the record and it pains me to say this - I have had 16 confirmed mcs over the last 2 years.
    Hi hopesprings
    i read your story especially the bit about 16 miscarriages and I really felt for you. I too am a Dr M patient looking for a sibling for my 4yr old daughter and I had 7 miscarriages in 3 years. I just wants to let you know that Dr M has very good success with treating women who have reoccurring miscarriage and I know both Gentay and myself are examples. Gentay is now 24 weeks pregnant after I believe 5 miscarriages and I am 15 weeks pregnant. Our treatment protocols were dry similar and mentioned above in previous posts but I definetely believe it was the IVIG and Neupogen combination that got me this far. Good luck and I am very happy to read that you found dr M as every miscarriage tears a little piece of you and now your on the right track for your second bub. Good luck

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

Gentay  (07-06-2014),PreciousHeart  (07-06-2014)