Closed Thread
Page 38 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Anyone who's done IVIG before embryo transfer, what was your dose? I'm about 63kg and Dr M saying 15g but it seems like 30-40g is normal outside of Oz.

Also how long before the transfer did you have the IVIG?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lots of baby thoughts heading your way PH! You've had a rough road to get to your 2ww. Am so hoping this works for you xx

Sorry ladybug I haven't done ivig. I'm sure someone will know!

AFM I have intralipids next week and transfer on 18 June! Finally!!!

Simpson I hope you're enjoying being a mummy.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soclose For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (02-06-2014),SimpsonDesert  (04-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladybug... I asked a similar question a few weeks back, but no-one seems to have done IVIG before transfer, only after transfer. I'm in the same boat, as I want to try IVIG before transfer, as the Intrallipids haven't worked for me. I'll be interested to see if there are some women who have done so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladybug,

I had IVIG written up on my current treatment cycle. But we had books tests which cost $110 per person. We were not a match so the treatment was not needed.
    I even asked some pharmacist bout the drugs. They knew nothing had never heard of it. For me the cost would have been $ 2200 for the drugs. It could only be done at Epworth hospital. And salde in Melbourne make it for Dr Nicks paitents.
    It was grifoils not much info on the net either.

im having my intraplids on day 13 as I take ages now to grow any follicles. But are Also on growth hormones OMG these are amazing. I'm in QLD to see dr Waaza and have been running up and down stairs for water slides all day. That combined with the dex DH could barley keep up.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (02-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi ladybug 14 and MGC bertie, i did an ivig infusion 7 days before a FET which was unsuccessful. I did another one the following month about 10 days before ovulation (was trying for 7 days prior but I ovulated late) and I fell pregnant spontaneously. I am currently 6 months pregnant and continued monthly IVIG infusions until recently. The infusions prior to transfer and the earlier ones in my pregnancy were 15g each at which time I was 55kg. The later ones were 20g. This was at my insistence having read that the dose should be weight-based. Dr M was willing to oblige. Hope this info helps.
    Last edited by Gentay; 02-06-2014 at 19:04.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gentay For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (02-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Soclose, best of luck for the 18th. If all goes to plan i'll have my transfer around then too.

Francesthecat, thanks heaps for the info and prices. Still waiting to get an idea of $$ from Dr M!

Gentary, Congrats on the pregnancy! Hope all is going well. Thanks for all the info. Monthly IVIG, wow! Good to know what I could be in for. Maybe I should be pushing Dr M to up the dose a little.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kiwi76, I tired to send you a PM but can't as i've not posted enough. I was wondering if I could please get some info off you about the HK Dr? I'm doing the HK-Oz thing too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gentay.... thanks for that. That's good to know that Dr M will do it before transfer. Also good to know IVIG still didn't work for you on the first time. Can I ask what are your immune issues? I'm trying to work out why he does IVIG for some people and only Intrallipids for others. Good to know about the weight / ratio thing. And of course, congrats on being 6 months pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MGC Bertie, Dr M uses IVIG in the more severe cases where he determines intralipids will not be strong enough. If you have had repeated miscarriages or repeated IVF failure and your blood tests show serious immune problems (you and your DP's bloods are sent to the USA for analysis and you also have some blood tests performed locally, both organised by Dr M), he will probably order IVIG over intralipids but he is also known to order both. Similarly, as far as corticosteroids go, Dexamethasone is stronger than Prednislone. With repeated miscarriage, your immune system becomes more activated and even more toxic to maintaining the next pregnancy so with each pregnancy, the chances of maintaining it lessen. I had 5 miscarriages. This is my 6th pregnancy. I have high NKC but even higher toxicity, hence the IVIG infusions in addition to Neupogen, Clexane and Progesterone. I also suffer from Hashimoto's Thyroiditis with elevated thyroid antibodies, the latter which are deadly to implantation and a viable early pregnancy. I took Dexamethasone and Prednisolone to reduce my thyroid antibodies (still weaning off Prednis) and still take Thyroxine to maintain adequate TSH levels. I also suffer from moderate endometriosis and MTHFR a1298c homozygous, the latter for which I take extra folate and B vitamins. With my first 3 pregnancies/losses, I was not medicated. With my 4th I was only on Prednis, Clexane and Progesterone which was not an aggressive enough protocol for me. With my 5th, I started immune treatment after I learned I was pregnant and this was not early enough for me. 6th time - started Dex 2 months before I fell pregnant in addition to Clexane and Progesterone and, as mentioned earlier, IVIG infusions. On BFP, started Neupogen until 11 weeks and changed from Dex to Prednis at 9 weeks. All these medications are very wearing on your body but, with the right combination, I believe you can achieve and maintain a BFP and it is all worth it in the end.
    Nidhulaine who also posts on this forum is another recurrent miscarriage patient who has been able to maintain her current pregnancy on the same/very similar immune treatment protocol. You should scroll back and read some of her informative posts on the various medications.
    I do not know your history but be sure to be fully tested through Dr M to ensure he can devise an appropriate immune treatment protocol for you. All the very best

Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Gentay.... thanks for that. That's good to know that Dr M will do it before transfer. Also good to know IVIG still didn't work for you on the first time. Can I ask what are your immune issues? I'm trying to work out why he does IVIG for some people and only Intrallipids for others. Good to know about the weight / ratio thing. And of course, congrats on being 6 months pregnant.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gentay For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (03-06-2014),PreciousHeart  (07-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Hi MGC Bertie, I think Gentay covered pretty much everything but I will add my experience. I didn't do IVIG before ovulation, at the lady minute I decided to do intralipids because I was just doing an iui and obviously was not even guaranteed an embie. I greatly regret this decision as I bleed from week 4-5 and I believe it was my body trying to reject the pregnancy. So at week 5, 3 weeks after the intralipid I did 20g IVIG and the bleeding stopped by the next morning do I definitely credit the IVIG with helping me keep this pregnancy so far. Dr M originally gave me the choice of IVIG or intralipids before ovulation and as I said, I made the wrong call but lucky getting the IVIG at 5 weeks was not too late. I am 6ft and was 80kg do I did the highest dose dr M would give me, the 20g and have continued to do it every 4 weeks. Like Gentay mentioned I have had lots of miscarriages (7 in 3 years) and that's why I was on the Neupogen till 11 weeks as it helps to prevent miscarriage and assists implantation. this is pregnancy number 9 for me and I have a 4 year old daughter which I took no meds to conceive or stay pregnant so I am also an example of how your immune system can dramatically change between pregnancies. Like Gentay I took dexamethasone (till week 9), clexene (will be on till 36 weeks), Neupogen, IVIG and progesterone and my immune issues are high ANAs 1/640, MTHFR homo CT677 and high natural killer cells. The IVIG definitely works and if I was doing an ivf transfer with a definite embryo I would definitely be using it about 10 days before transfer. Good luck

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

Gentay  (03-06-2014),PreciousHeart  (07-06-2014)