Closed Thread
Page 37 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie the oncologist at my private hospital is doing my intralipids. My fs arranged it with him. When I met with him and asked how much he said nothing, only whatever my private health charge as an an excess which is only minimal.

PreciousHeart I am always on 2 x 400mg pessaries plus the gestone injections about five days before transfer then upped to 1200mg pessaries/day plus the injections everyday. My body doesn't absorb progesterone well but I've read that can be normal if you have immune issues.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to soclose For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (01-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah wide awake at 3.00am. Hello steroids!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hear you @soclose! I tend to only get about three hrs sleep a night! This morning I listened to a meditation track which helped me get back to sleep. I also found the last cpl of nights since I had intralipids I got a little more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    PreciousHeart,

I was on 200mg pessaries 2x a day for my fresh cycles. My FET cycles are 400mg 3x a day before transfer and last cycle were upped to 4x a day after transfer as progesterone was low.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    I hear you @soclose! I tend to only get about three hrs sleep a night! This morning I listened to a meditation track which helped me get back to sleep. I also found the last cpl of nights since I had intralipids I got a little more.
    Yep it makes for a long day and night that's for sure.

I read way back in thread one or two, I think it was Lissy who said restavit is safe to take. If it gets too bad I'm getting some for the really bad nights.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ooh I might have to look into that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's over the counter no script required. I don't know much about it. Maybe someone else can help more but I'm pretty sure it's safe and it is used for morning sickness too. It can give you a few hours decent sleep at night which is gold when on the steroids!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah restavit is over the counter and dr m advises taking it if you have problems sleeping while on Pred/dex. I only used it once as I didn't like how it made me feel. In the end I did other things like warm bath before bed, warm cup of milk before bed etc. I also changed my schedule of taking Pred to morning and lunch instead of morning and dinner which is what helped the most

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks SO much SoClose and LadyBug!!! your answers were great, thanks for being so fast! I had an embie transfer at 10.30am this morning and the last 2 nights of my own volition I upped my progesterone and then freaked about doing it and didn't want to confess to FS!!! Was because my level was a bit low a few days ago THANK YOU, it made me feel so much better... I did mention it to FS briefly this morning and he said you can't have too much progesterone so that was a relief as I thought I'd stuffed up the endometrial receptivity for implantation and was kicking myself (dangers of having Dr M's 400mg pessaries in the fridge ready for after transfer!)

So one beautiful looking blasto embie on board!!! very excited and now in TWW - hurry up already!!!

Upping my DEX to 2mg tonight from 1.5mg so crazy times ahead... I find that I sleep fine although with the 4 tabs now who knows what'll happen I will take 2 at 8AM and 2 at 10pm rather than all before lunch... when I did that I was like a mad woman, soclose and chiefsgirl do try and take one dose at 10pm and see if it helps? - you've got nothing to lose if you're not sleeping anyway??? A few trials in Japan did a 10pm dose for helping follicle development or something so I figured it was ok and tried it, is HEAPS better - for me anyway

Thanks girls for mentioning restavit, never heard of it and I was chucking my guts up til 23 weeks with my son, it was nasty but I was so paranoid about everything then after 2 miscarriages, I wouldn't have touched it anyway!

Last edited by PreciousHeart; 02-06-2014 at 07:04. Reason: Incorrect info

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PreciousHeart For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (01-06-2014),soclose  (02-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck PreciousHeart, hope the next couple of weeks go quickly for you and you get a BFP.

I got my biopsy results from Dr M and CD56 is elevated which he said correlated with my earlier blood results. Going to try adding IVIG this cycle. Start the prednisolone again tomorrow- so I'll be joining the no sleep club too!

Have a good week ladies