Closed Thread
Page 36 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhulaine View Post
    Is 2mg a typo? We have the same ANA titre and Dr M has me on 25mg of prednisolone a day so I am thinking you mean 20? I will all going well start weaning at 16 weeks, I am now almost 14 weeks.

As bbphope said it's the steroids for the ANA's and intralipids/IVIG for the kiler
    Sorry it was a typo! I'm talking 25mg of predisolone and clexane once daily.

Thanks to you, I've spoken to Dr.M nurse and he does phone consultation so that's brilliant!

how many embryos do you transfer each time? I've MC 3 times now and been putting 2 embries the last 2 frozen rounds and 1 embryo first stimulated cycle and that was my longest pregnancy ( 8 weeks ). Now doctor is recommending 1 embryo again but I'm not sure what to do!

what are your thoughts ladies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    Bbhope, I'm doing a natural fet, which is why I wanted to have the infusion next week, to cover the bases in case of a late o and my AF which is late. But they can't fit me in, so I would work out your rough dates and book in ASAP. Unfortunately that wd mean having it done before you O, but otherwise you might miss out.
    How many days of notice did you give them? 1 week? I was very anxious about not getting the biopsy appointment after hearing from you gals. So I estimated my AF date and tried to book in 1.5 months ahead. Then, AF was late, it messed up. They just told me not to worry but to wait until my AF arrived that month to schedule a day 20 onward appointment. So I don't think i want to annoy them by booking 1.5 months ahead this time while my period has been all over the place in the last few months. Dr. M said 1 or 2 weeks before the transfer. This means at the start of your period or just when you are about to O. It sounded like you are waiting to O and then do it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhulaine View Post
    The biopsy for the killer cells test must only be done after day 25 after ovulation at normal implantation time as this is when they are highest. I was told I didn't have killer cells as the FS did it on day 7 and then one year later Dr Sacks who was a colleague of my original FS did it on day 25 and my results were through the roof. Very few FS are experience at doing these biopsies.
    My Sydney FS wants me to do endo scratch and send the sample for NK cell testing a month before my transfer. She suggested CD 14 onward. Since I don't want to fly for endo scratch, I found a FS here in Perth to do just that. I skipped the NK cell testing with the FS in Perth and later found out that he doesn't believe in it. So glad i didn't ask. His suggestion for endo scratch is CD 21, which I will do a month before the FET. Dr. M said CD 20 onward. I did it on CD 25 in the end. It turned out that i O late last month and it was probably just 4 days after my O. I was concerned but Dr. M told me that there is a wide window for it. And the result did show elevated NK cell activity. That's just my experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those who had done the biopsy, do you have on set spotting the following month? I know it is normal after the biopsy and then the AF starts. I am trying to figure out if this is due to that because my uterine is still trying to repair itself or my hormone is really out of wrack.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Babychino View Post
    Hi Soclose

I am on the same page as you but I am only on my 4th Cycle. I live in Melb but planning to go see Dr. M since everyone here seems to think he is a miracle doctor!
    However, I am not sure how to go about it. Do you go see Dr. M and start on his treatment and tell your IVF doctor that you have been treated? Or do you work together with Dr M and your IVF Doctor?

I can imagine my IVF DR being a little upset that I would go see other doctors or is it acceptable?
    Hi baby chino. I just did all my appointments with Dr M by phone. They sent me pathology forms for bloods af I went to Sydney from Qld in December
    For my biopsy and hysteroscopy. I stayed overnight and just taxied it to and from airport. Easy!

I did all immune testing with Dr M
    Before I told my fs. That way I could have info to tell him by then. He doesn't believe in immune issues nk cells etc
    Etc but I didn't care. We've been doing the same thing over and over for years and never once had implantation. I asked if he would do Intralipids for me and at first he said no so I said fine I will go to Sydney and get them. He then knew how determined I was so now I am having them done locally in a couple of weeks and its not costing me a cent!

Just keep persevering if your fs gives you grief! Or change to someone else!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie so sorry it didn't work again. We are the same I've never had implantation either. Not even with donor eggs.

AFM have finally started cycling. Started the lovely steroids today! Intralipids in two weeks then transfer one week later.

Hi to all the ladies here!!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to soclose For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (30-05-2014),SimpsonDesert  (30-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    SoClose.... glad I'm not the only one then - when I have big cries to DH, that's one of the only thing that consoles me - that others are in a similar boat... sad, but true :-(( Anyhow, let's hope that doing Dr M's immune protocol is the magic trick for you and that you get a BFP this time.

What do you mean that the Intrallipids are not costing you a cent? Do share your secret on that, please?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    How many days of notice did you give them? 1 week? I was very anxious about not getting the biopsy appointment after hearing from you gals. So I estimated my AF date and tried to book in 1.5 months ahead. Then, AF was late, it messed up. They just told me not to worry but to wait until my AF arrived that month to schedule a day 20 onward appointment. So I don't think i want to annoy them by booking 1.5 months ahead this time while my period has been all over the place in the last few months. Dr. M said 1 or 2 weeks before the transfer. This means at the start of your period or just when you are about to O. It sounded like you are waiting to O and then do it?
    I tried calling 2 weeks before I wanted to get in to do intralipids, but he was going away so I couldn't get in. That would have had it at about 7 days before transfer. As it is, I had intralipids on thurs and AF is late so it will be about 18-20 days before transfer. I think if you try and book in on cd1 you should be ok. I think with it being a long weekend next week it stuffed everything up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    SoClose.... glad I'm not the only one then - when I have big cries to DH, that's one of the only thing that consoles me - that others are in a similar boat... sad, but true :-(( Anyhow, let's hope that doing Dr M's immune protocol is the magic trick for you and that you get a BFP this time.

What do you mean that the Intrallipids are not costing you a cent? Do share your secret on that, please?
    @mgcbertie I have heard that some FS will administer intralipids, and that way they might claim it all under Medicare? They do it in their rooms as well, rather than in the hospital which makes it cheaper. I know of a lady in Brisbane who's ob is doing it for her. Much easier than coming down to Sydney.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! just wanted to ask a quick question! has anyone been on higher than 2 x 100mg per day progesterone pessaries by your FS BEFORE transfer???
    Last edited by PreciousHeart; 31-05-2014 at 23:15. Reason: too much info!