Closed Thread
Page 34 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Finally got an appointment with Dr M on the 8th of July, hopefully we can figure out what's going on.

TTC #1 since July 2011

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CinderElla88 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know medicare doesn't cover intralipid. Does it cover IVIG or neupegon etc? $2000--$3000 each time for each of them is kinda steep. I need to think ahead to put money aside before spending all on the house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bbhope.... no, I'm pretty sure IVIG is also not claimable (the same as the Intrallipids)

AFM.... Yes, it's officially a BFN, as expected.

I got the nurse to also test my TSH level and it's gone down to 0.7. Sounds good (since the aim is to be between 1-2) but considering 5 weeks ago it was 5.4, then 3 weeks ago 12.4 and now 0.7, it definitely sounds like something that I need to get stabilised before doing an FET.

First available appointment for FS is in 3 weeks time, and first available appointment for Dr M is 5 weeks. I asked to go on both cancellation lists, as really don't want to wait for either that long. Thinking of sending them both emails, explaining what else I want tested, and what meds I'm thinking of doing next. Also going to make an appointment for my endocrinologist tomorrow, though usually he's months is advance too!

On a side note, this afternoon's nurse, mentioned that Prof I is now also prescribing Prednisolone for immune issues (along with aspirin and Clexane), so it's interesting that he's coming over to this belief.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes ivig is not claimable through Medicare. But if you claimed medical expenses last financial year in your income tax you can this yr (subject to means testing), and if you claim this financial year you can claim in the next, then it's totally not claimable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhulaine View Post
    hi Babychino,
    miscarriage is a classic sign of high ANA and with every miscarriage they can actually get worse and u can start to miscarry even earlier. Do u know ur titre? Mine is 1:640 which is pretty high as anything over 1:80 is positive.

on the plus side there is lots of hope especially as u appear to get pregnant easy. I can see your on clexene and progesterone but it's the steroids the prednisone that actually help your ANAs. How much are u taking?
    U also need to be aware that often it is not just one thing, for me I have high ANA but also natural killer cells so you really need to be seeing a dr who can test u throughly for immune problems. Like many ladies here I am a Dr Matthias patient and would recommend getting checked out by him. I have 1 almost 4yr old daughter and since then 7 miscarriages and hate the thoughts of anyone else going through those types of losses so it's much better to see Dr M now the just hoping the next pregnancy will be ok.
    Good luck
    Hi Nidhulaine,

Thank you for your message. I am on 2mg Prednisone once a day. ANA level is 1: 640 like yourself but NK level is normal. I have started a new cycle this week and will be transferring 1 of day 5 embryo in next week. I have been putting 2 in the last 2 thaw cycles so doctor recommending putting 1 in this time for a change. He does not want to change my medications though so I am a little concern. I think if this cycle fails, I will change doctor. I am in Melbourne, do you or anyone knows a good doctor in Melbourne?

I would love to see Dr.M as everyone seems to be talking highly of him but I am in Melbourne

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidhulaine View Post
    You buy Neupogen in 10 vials and u use the small insulin needs to draw it up and inject yourself. Good news is the needs are easier and smaller than clexene. You start about ovulation. Cost is around $1500 for 10 vials and on average u do 5 shots per vial so $1500 is 50 days supply. Dose of Neupogen depends on weight and ur immune system and u get bloods taken every 2 weeks. My dose changed quite a but. Neupogen is used for implantation and prevention of miscarriage. It can be purchased from Indian but the guy is very unreliable and it's really stressful. After dealing with him twice I now order it from a Sydney pharmacy.

http://www.sims.ie/news-views/neupog...tion.1682.html

I used intralipids on D7 but then had to have IVIG at week 5 because I had bleeding from week 4-5. I believe my body was trying to reject my embie and the IVIG fixed all that. I didn't do IVIG initially as I only did an iui so I didn't even have a definite embryo but it worked out. I do think uf only I had done IVIG first it might have been less stressful but IVIG is the most expensive treatment.
    Mcg I didn't mention treatments like LIT and Humira as I have no personal experience of them and don't know if they are relevant to your immune issues but as I said before there are a lot more things to try.
    Hi Nidulaine

Does the intralipids and IVIG help with ANA or NK? I am sorry if I have missed info you provided in earlier threads, too many to read!

And how many weeks pregnant are you now because of it ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Babychino, ivig and intralipid help NK Cell. Steroid helps ANA from my understanding. Did u do NK cell blood or biopsy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies can anyone tell me exactly what will happen when I see dr M, what tests will he want to do and what will he test for, are the test expensive?

TTC #1 since July 2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    At my first appt I went in armed with each of the different immune issues outlined in the dr beers book and the tests done for each. I had a full medical history written down along with what meds I was on (ivf protocol and results and vitamins and dose ages). He didn't tell me the name of all the tests, but I had 8-12 vials taken (I can't remember) and it took about 3 weeks to get the results. I also booked in for the nk biopsy for the following week (suited my cycle).

I think the blood tests came in around 400 and I got a cpl hundred back from Medicare. Biopsy depends on your medical insurance. I had a small oop for dr m and that was it.

AFM- have had a totally stressful day trying to work out if I do intralipids this thurs even though it will end up being more than 10 days before transfer (more like 16-20) and worried about whether it will work. Have decided to do it anyway.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (27-05-2014),Pihu  (28-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by soclose View Post
    What Bella said! I've had 15 transfers. Boy if I'd known about Dr M years ago I'd be rich by now. Wasted so much time and money doing the same things over and over. Dr M would be the first man I would see to check for all the things these conservative FS don't believe in!!
    Hi Soclose

I am on the same page as you but I am only on my 4th Cycle. I live in Melb but planning to go see Dr. M since everyone here seems to think he is a miracle doctor!
    However, I am not sure how to go about it. Do you go see Dr. M and start on his treatment and tell your IVF doctor that you have been treated? Or do you work together with Dr M and your IVF Doctor?

I can imagine my IVF DR being a little upset that I would go see other doctors or is it acceptable?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Babychino For This Useful Post:

soclose  (30-05-2014)