Closed Thread
Page 33 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Nidhulaine... thanks for the information on the similarities and differences. That's why when I take "prednisone" for my eyes, they're good within two days, but taking "prednisolone" for a couple of weeks now hasn't made a splotch of difference with my eyes, when I kind of thought that it might improve them.

Pihu... I haven't had that biopsy done, but once I went for a BT at FF, and when I got there they wanted to do an internal ultrasound. I said, "oh I can't I've just got my period", but they said, "no problem" and just went ahead and done it. I was a bit freaked out about this, more embarrassment than usual!

AFM.... unfortunately I got a BFN on a HPT this morning - 9dp5dt. Not entirely surprised, but had soooooo hoped that having my sister's donor eggs was going to be the breakthrough we needed. But it doesn't look like it's meant to be. Very sad, as I now just don't think it will happen for us, since donor eggs didn't work. Will POAS the next two days and then official BT is Monday. We still have three of my sister's frosties, so will be looking at everything regarding implantation etc before doing an FET, even though I'm already doing Dr M's immune protocol with Intrallipids, aspirin, prednisolone and clexane (this is the third time using Dr M's protocol). It's obviously my body, rather than my previous "old eggs", which in a way, makes me feel a little more annoyed/sad in that my eggs may have been OK, but my body won't even let it start to implant. Will let you know if there's any exciting change tomorrow - trying to think positive :-))
    MCG don't give up, yes Dr M protocols can work for some on the first and second go but there are also plenty of Ladies who require a lot more tries tiger it right. If ur not getting implantation with good DE embryos then u need a more aggressive protocol so go back to Dr M and tell him. The protocol your on is actually pretty light. I used it to only without the asprin. This pregnancy I was on dexamethasone, IVIG, Neupogen, clexene and progesterone so you see there is a lot more options. Read back through the thread for info on Neupogen and IVIG as those are the 2 big ones but definitely font give up. Good luck and I hope Dr M finds u a better protocol soon

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (24-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh Bertie, sending you lots of hugs, but hopefully it's just a late I planter.

As nidhulaine said, maybe you need a stronger immune protocol?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (24-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mgcbertie, sorry to read the hpt was negative. As others have said there are MUCH stronger and more aggressive protocols you could try. You are on a pretty standard one by the sound of it. Ask Dr M to bring in the big guns. Hugs.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bella978 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (24-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for all your lovely thoughts. Todays HPT on 10dp5dt was also BFN, so fairly resigned now. I have the slightest hope that Monday might say something different, but fairly "over" it now. But thankyou all about using a more aggressive protocol. I did actually for this cycle say to Dr M that I want to use IVIG before the transfer, rather than Intrallipids, but he wouldn't do it, but said that he would do IVIG if I got a BFP. He didn't really give me a reason why, so I will definitely be bringing that up. Has anyone had IVIG before transfer? Nidhulaine.... I have also used progesterone pessaries or crinone cream (depending on what clinic I've been at) - is that what you mean by using "progesterone"? or something different from those forms? I will be asking (and researching) about Dexamethsone and Neupogen. I do wonder why Dr M didn't suggest either of those after the first 2 immune protocols didn't work? Glad that there are still some other things to try. Thanks heaps.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    Hope you don’t mind if I join you all. I had a hysteroscopy and biopsy with Dr M last Monday. He was so lovely! Just waiting for the results and hopefully it will time ok for my next FET (transfer 5).

I did pred, clexane and doxy with Dr M last cycle with no luck. Apart from high blood NK cells and MTHFR mutation, we’re unexplained.
    Dr M has mentioned Neupogen and IVIG as treatment possibilities.
    Nidhulaine, I see you’re using Neupogen. Did you get it through Dr M? Gwyneth said it’s cheaper through some of the big pharmacies. How often do you use the Neupogen and do IVIG? Just trying to prepare myself for some possible costs!
    Also, has anyone transferred more than 1 blastocyst? We’re contemplating it since we’ve now passed the magic ‘failed 3 cycles’ box that qualifies as for a double transfer. I’m sick of all of this but scared that all of medications and the risk of twins might add up to a big problem in pregnancy/birth etc. Dr M says go for it but my IVF Dr is reluctant and also doesn’t know I’m being treated by Dr M.
    Too much to think about!
    Good luck to everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You buy Neupogen in 10 vials and u use the small insulin needs to draw it up and inject yourself. Good news is the needs are easier and smaller than clexene. You start about ovulation. Cost is around $1500 for 10 vials and on average u do 5 shots per vial so $1500 is 50 days supply. Dose of Neupogen depends on weight and ur immune system and u get bloods taken every 2 weeks. My dose changed quite a but. Neupogen is used for implantation and prevention of miscarriage. It can be purchased from Indian but the guy is very unreliable and it's really stressful. After dealing with him twice I now order it from a Sydney pharmacy.

http://www.sims.ie/news-views/neupog...tion.1682.html

I used intralipids on D7 but then had to have IVIG at week 5 because I had bleeding from week 4-5. I believe my body was trying to reject my embie and the IVIG fixed all that. I didn't do IVIG initially as I only did an iui so I didn't even have a definite embryo but it worked out. I do think uf only I had done IVIG first it might have been less stressful but IVIG is the most expensive treatment.
    Mcg I didn't mention treatments like LIT and Humira as I have no personal experience of them and don't know if they are relevant to your immune issues but as I said before there are a lot more things to try.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Forgot to mention u take Neupogen till aprox 11 weeks of pregnancy although in the last week it's only every second day and IVIG is every 4 weeks and it's either $2,200 or $3,000 depending on your weight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaps for the info Nidhulaine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nidhulaine.... thank you heaps for all that extra information. I think I have a lot to ask Dr M when I next see him. Will wait for the official BT result tmorrow (Mon) afternoon, and then will spend the afternoon on the phone making appointments left, right and centre. Big thanks, you are a wealth of information xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Nidhulaine.... thank you heaps for all that extra information. I think I have a lot to ask Dr M when I next see him. Will wait for the official BT result tmorrow (Mon) afternoon, and then will spend the afternoon on the phone making appointments left, right and centre. Big thanks, you are a wealth of information xx
    Hi MGC...like everyone said don't lose your hope...miracle will happens with all of us. Be positive 👍.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pihu For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (26-05-2014)