Closed Thread
Page 32 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Cinderella.... you also have to be careful - Dr M prescribes "prednisolone", while you have been taking "prednisone" - there is apparently a difference between these - how do I know? because my immunologist for my allergies prescribed "prednisone" (30mg) for my severe eye allergies that I suffer - "prednisone" works like magic for that, but as I've been told, it can cause eye diseases, so shouldn't be taken for more than 3 weeks at a time, and for me, my "eye prescription" is 1 x 3 days, then half x 3 days. "Prednisolone" is different (apparently!) And I agree with Ndhulaine... ring Gywenth. She gets rather swamped with paperwork, but if you phone her, then she's more than accommodating.
    Prednisone and prednisolone have the same biological active ie are metabolised to the same thing in the body but they have slight differences in their chemical structure with prednisone beginning a ketone and prednisolone having an extra OH group which makes it more water soluable, hence the reason u used prednisolone for your eye MCG as it needed to be immediately soluable in the liquid in ur eye. Both of them will work exactly the same. dr M often prescribes Dexamethasone too which is a much stronger steroid but it has a much smaller molecular formula which means it can pass through to the placenta and you need to be off it around 9 weeks before the placenta starts function. For this reason either prednisolone or prednisone are the preferred steroid.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

Fiona2  (02-07-2014),MGC Bertie  (23-05-2014),Pihu  (23-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone...

Dr. M has requested me some more blood test ( CC 1 & CL2 ) & biopsy next month, after 3 cycle of clomid. He has also ask me stay on clomid this month.

Anybody have noticed decrease menstrual flow after repeated clomid? My periods stays normally for 4 days but this month had it for only 2 days. I'm really worrying about it.

Please advise

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry Pihu, I've not been on clomid so can't help.

I'm on prednisolone at the moment and just waiting for AF to arrive (should be this weekend) then I can book in for my FET. Gosh the pred is affecting my sleep big time this time round. Last time I didn't know what you were all talking about. Now I'm only getting about 3hrs per night! I'm super tired and go off ok, but wake up after a couple of hours and that's it. Nothing more for the rest of the night.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (23-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Gywneth from dr. M's clinic gave me biopsy date on 28th day of my cycle is it right? My pervious FS did it on day 23rd of my cycle.

Plz advise me.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pihu, that sounds about right. I think the most important thing is the timing after ovulation. How long are your cycles?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (23-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    Pihu, that sounds about right. I think the most important thing is the timing after ovulation. How long are your cycles?
    Thanks Chiefsgirl...I have 28 days cycle...what if I have my periods in the morning before biopsy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe call gwyneth to confirm then. I have 28/29 day cycles and I think mine was earlier (24 or 25)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (23-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    Maybe call gwyneth to confirm then. I have 28/29 day cycles and I think mine was earlier (24 or 25)
    Yay...was thinking to do that. Thanks heaps 😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nidhulaine... thanks for the information on the similarities and differences. That's why when I take "prednisone" for my eyes, they're good within two days, but taking "prednisolone" for a couple of weeks now hasn't made a splotch of difference with my eyes, when I kind of thought that it might improve them.

Pihu... I haven't had that biopsy done, but once I went for a BT at FF, and when I got there they wanted to do an internal ultrasound. I said, "oh I can't I've just got my period", but they said, "no problem" and just went ahead and done it. I was a bit freaked out about this, more embarrassment than usual!

AFM.... unfortunately I got a BFN on a HPT this morning - 9dp5dt. Not entirely surprised, but had soooooo hoped that having my sister's donor eggs was going to be the breakthrough we needed. But it doesn't look like it's meant to be. Very sad, as I now just don't think it will happen for us, since donor eggs didn't work. Will POAS the next two days and then official BT is Monday. We still have three of my sister's frosties, so will be looking at everything regarding implantation etc before doing an FET, even though I'm already doing Dr M's immune protocol with Intrallipids, aspirin, prednisolone and clexane (this is the third time using Dr M's protocol). It's obviously my body, rather than my previous "old eggs", which in a way, makes me feel a little more annoyed/sad in that my eggs may have been OK, but my body won't even let it start to implant. Will let you know if there's any exciting change tomorrow - trying to think positive :-))

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Pihu  (26-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh MG I really hope your BT on Monday proves the HPT wrong. Interesting about eggs though - I was told after one failed Ivf cycle and then the rest its my old eggs. Maybe surrogacy with your eggs might work? I know its drastic....I just want this to happen so badly for you and everyone else on this board struggling.

Let us know how you go Mon and be kind yo yourself this wkd xo