Closed Thread
Page 27 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Nidhulaine I guess it's a positive I found out early on that this is my issue everyone around me seems so happy that we finally worked out the reason I just haven't come to that idea yet I'm still trying to digest it frantically googling for hours researching and then breaking down because I fear the worst it's so nice to hear from someone who has experienced all of this that it is possible it's just a long hard road sometimes this whole time I've followed my intuition and been pretty spot in I'm thinking I may need more than just intralipids alone but I'll give them I go and see how it pans out I've been reading through all of the NK cell threads there's a lot to read though so mite take me a while by the end I'll know everyone and their journey haha

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13
    4rounds of clomid with BFN
    5th cycle of clomid chemical pregnancy

Started IVF jan 2014

1st IVF Jan 2014: @WFC antagonist cycle started, cancelled day 9 due to over stimulation, 60+ follicles.

2ND IVF March 2014: Next generation fertility ,Antagonist cycle, chemical pregnancy!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=bbhope;7771111]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow2015 View Post
    where is Dr M located? I live in Adelaide. can you have ever TX for nkcells without having ivf?

He is located in Sydney. In principle, yes, you can test for NK cell without having to do the IVF. You can either do a phone consult ($300) with Dr. M which he will give a list of BT to do or ask your GP to order the BT (there is a comprehensive list here somewhere on the thread). The benefit of the latter case is that you can go ahead with the testing without a long wait just to get the BT referral from Dr. M. Once you have the result, if anything suspicious, book in to consult with Dr. M. or you can book now knowing when you will get your BT result. Note: the chromosome test takes 2--4 weeks to come back. The most extensive tests are NK cell biopsy, hysteroscopy, lap...etc that Dr. M might want to do. Other gyno can do it but Dr. M usually prefers to do it himself. These are few thousands dollar and you have to fly to Sydney for the procedure.

Of course, do whatever you feel comfortable of doing.
    I've had genetic testing done but not sure if they tested for nk cells the only thing they found was that I had mthfr compound hetro. wow few thousand, I just spent 8k on getting my double uterus made into a single uterus

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You could start with a simple test for +ANA and then go from there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @littleTed I've been wanting to ask someone what does a positive ANA mean? My BT came back with a positive ANA but my FS was not concerned about it

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13

Started IVF jan 2014

1st IVF Jan 2014: @WFC antagonist cycle started, cancelled day 9 due to over stimulation, 60+ follicles.

2ND IVF March 2014: Next generation fertility ,Antagonist cycle, chemical pregnancy!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by miissalina View Post
    @littleTed I've been wanting to ask someone what does a positive ANA mean? My BT came back with a positive ANA but my FS was not concerned about it

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13

Started IVF jan 2014

A positive anti nuclear test is 1/80, mine is 1/640. Often people with autoimmune diseases have a positive result but also people who do not have an autoimmune disease but have them in their families or will develop them later in life. Anti nuclear antibodies attack the DNA in cells and the immune protocol for them is steroids

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Nidhulaine thank you I had no idea it could be related to my NK cells maybe I'll question her on this ask to try the steroids as well as intralipids if this cycle doesn't work

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13

Started IVF jan 2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies, sorry ive not been around much lately! All is going well with me, bub is almost 4 months now (so hard to believe!) and he is doing brilliantly after being 6 weeks premmie. I just wanted to come on and give some support, particularly the new ladies on here who are just trying to figure things out without this forum I wouldn't have discovered dr m or had the support of some amazing ladies during my journey so it's time for some payback!

ANA is antinuclear antibodies. Basically your body attacks DNA and other stuff in the nucleus of cells. This includes embryos that are trying to implant. A common reason for mcs and chems. What was your level? My fs wasn't concerned either and yet I have the highest level and dr m said its definitely contributed to my problems.

Anyone else's lap/biopsy etc that expensive with dr m? Mine was only $650 rather than thousands that someone else mentioned but I do have private health so maybe that's why.

The testing can definitely add up but once i was down this path I felt like it was worth figuring out all out before trying again and possible facing another mc. Dr m was def the key to this for me and saved me so much money as my fs wanted me to do ivf/pgd even though we never had probs conceiving, just staying preg.

Best of luck to everyone! I will try to be around whenever I can. Hi to all the old crew, wherever you may be xx

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timetoshine For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (12-05-2014),Pihu  (13-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scruffy.... I have only had Intrallipids up to now. When the Intrallipids didn't work magic on cycles #7 + #8, I asked Dr M to do IVIG before the transfer instead, but he said no, he would do Intrallipids before the transfer and then IVIG once I get a BFP. He was definite about that. Bbhope.... no I haven't had the NK cell biopsy done, as I've been doing full IVF stim cycles every 2-3 months, so we've never had the time to schedule it, as it would mean prolonging the next IVF cycle, which we didn't want to wait for. So Dr M is happy to treat us for NKC even though I haven't been test. But I'm gathering now that's why some others are on a different immune protocol. Nidhulaine.... my DH just freaked when I told him how much the IVIG is!! I'm thinking I probably pass some of you during Intrallipds/IVIG - I was there having mine 10 days ago xx Missalina.... the quoted success rates for using Dr Beer's immune protocol (which is what Dr M follows) is 80% success for those who have done 2 cycles. For me, I was one of the 20% on 2 cycles where it didn't work. That's why I was insisted to have those two shots using my own eggs, before now moving to donor eggs. ANA stands for Anti-Nuclear Antibodies - basically things that fight against the antibodies that kill things (including fights against the anti-bodies that fight colds and germs - hence why many women with high ANA get a lot of colds, because our anti-bodies are being attacked). AFM..... we had more great news today - it's really quite unbelievable and I keep having to shake my head - day 3 embryo results - 7 x 8A (absolutely perfect) and 1 x 7B (a bit behind, but crazily we would have used this one on any of our previous 8 cycles, and this time this one won't even get a look in!!). They did assisted hatching today in preparation for transfer on Wednesday (which probably was needed for my old eggs, but probably not actually necessary on these eggs, but done now). We're hedging towards transferring just 1 embryo - I like the idea of twins, but personally don't like the risk factors, premie births and difficulty carrying them when I'm not super fit, plus thyroid issues. On a side note my FS also rang to say that even though he's increased my dose of Thyroxine, my TSH still hasn't gone below 4 (which is only just a tad higher than normal range). He's never worried about it before in my previous cycles with him, but I've read recently that now some FSs like TSH to be below 2. So he's increased the dosage again. Has anyone heard anything about Thyroid levels and implantation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    ANA themselves increase miscarriage but many ladies who have them also have natural killer cells so two separate things. Intralipids for the killer cells and steroids for the ANA's and as time to shine says you need to know ur levels.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nidhulaine For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (12-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nidhualine.... so the Dexannethasone is a stronger type of Prednisolone? Is that why you started with the Dex first and then are going to Prednisolone? Sorry for all the questions, but was is the Neupogen used for? My immune issues are high ANA (80 titre), high DQ levels and one other thing (that I'd actually have to go and look up as I've forgotten!). My immune protocol has been Aspirin (100mg) and Prednisolone (25mg) from the beginning of cycle, Intrallipids (1 week before transfer), Clexane (40) from the day after transfer, up the Prednisolone after transfer (to 30mg), and then IVIG after BFP result. I'd be interested to hear the specifics of others' immune protocol.