Closed Thread
Page 14 of 99 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

I have been reading this thread and seems like many of you may have a similar problem as myself which gives me more hope!

I am on my 3rd cycle of IVF and have been diagnosed with a positive ANA. I was fortunate enough to get pregnant both times but miscarried at week 8 and week 4.5. I am devastated and starting to lose hope really and wondering if anyone has positive ANA and still conceive a healthy baby?

Doctor was not able to advise how long he expect me to go through this but apparently the medication that I am on is the best they have but is it?

I am currently Clexane, Prednisone and increase progesterone to 3 times a day because my progesterone level was low at the day of transfer last week.

I would be much appreciated if anyone could share any thoughts or experiences.

Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi baby hino, I have been diagnosed elevated Ana and am on prednisone, clexane, progesterone, as well but I have added doxycycline and intralipids infusions. I am still stimming though and about to go to epu next week sometime.

I am by no means an expert but if you only have Ana then it sounds ok. Although dr beers book suggests if you have Ana then you probably have nk cells too.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello,

I thought some of you girls who are about to start an IVF cycle may be interested in the trial at the link below to get free acupuncture (you may get placebo acupuncture). You need to be undergoing IVF at one of these clinics: IVF Australia, Fertility Plus, Assisted Conception Australia, Westmead Fertility Centre, Fertility Associates, Melbourne IVF.

http://www.uws.edu.au/nicm/clinical_...ndergoing_IVF2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi76 View Post
    Sorry also dropped the CoQ10
    How come you dropped the CoQ10?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Babychino View Post
    Hi Ladies

I have been reading this thread and seems like many of you may have a similar problem as myself which gives me more hope!

I am on my 3rd cycle of IVF and have been diagnosed with a positive ANA. I was fortunate enough to get pregnant both times but miscarried at week 8 and week 4.5. I am devastated and starting to lose hope really and wondering if anyone has positive ANA and still conceive a healthy baby?

Doctor was not able to advise how long he expect me to go through this but apparently the medication that I am on is the best they have but is it?

I am currently Clexane, Prednisone and increase progesterone to 3 times a day because my progesterone level was low at the day of transfer last week.

I would be much appreciated if anyone could share any thoughts or experiences.

Thank you
    hi Babychino,
    miscarriage is a classic sign of high ANA and with every miscarriage they can actually get worse and u can start to miscarry even earlier. Do u know ur titre? Mine is 1:640 which is pretty high as anything over 1:80 is positive.

on the plus side there is lots of hope especially as u appear to get pregnant easy. I can see your on clexene and progesterone but it's the steroids the prednisone that actually help your ANAs. How much are u taking?
    U also need to be aware that often it is not just one thing, for me I have high ANA but also natural killer cells so you really need to be seeing a dr who can test u throughly for immune problems. Like many ladies here I am a Dr Matthias patient and would recommend getting checked out by him. I have 1 almost 4yr old daughter and since then 7 miscarriages and hate the thoughts of anyone else going through those types of losses so it's much better to see Dr M now the just hoping the next pregnancy will be ok.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueberry Swirl View Post
    How come you dropped the CoQ10?
    When I gt BFP, dr said to stop CoQ10 as its effects on baby are unknown.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwi76 For This Useful Post:

Blueberry Swirl  (11-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey ladies quick question... I know that in dr beers book it says getting sick in your tww can be a sign that your body is killing the embryo but isn't it also true that naturally your immune system is supressed at/during early preg/inplantation to help your body accept the embryo?

I was quite sick with flu like symptoms when I had my chem and I am 10dpo today and feel like I am getting sick

Thanks
    Reviews
    Missalina it's encouraging to hear that next gen are testing for immune issues. When I had 3x bfn in 2011 I begged them to test me for nk cells and they flatly refused. Didn't believe in it. After another 3 cycles on their 'luteal protocol' (antibiotics, pred & clexane) and 2 chems/1bfn. I eventually went to dr m and got my BFP first go and now have a 9mo dd. I'll be watching for your biopsy results and the protocol they put you on! Will be interesting to see how aggressive it is. Good luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nattie, I have been wondering this too. I have a friend who gets pregnant really easily and every time she comes down with the worst head cold, she has never had any issues. A lot of the information seems contradictory. May be for some its a good sign and for others not so good - trying naturally here with no meds and yesterday at 7dpo I had a sore throat, cramping and this morning my dermatitis has gotten really bad on my hands. I'll be a definite BFN.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks satellite. It's hard cause I don't know whether to be happy or sad lol trying tomorrow so fx!