Closed Thread
Page 13 of 99 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=francesthecat;7729453]
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi76 View Post
    hi frances, I did cycles 3 and 4 with Dr B but switched as he was very against any testing or doing anything different in my cycles. Just kept saying it was bad eggs - I'm now 13wks preg after cycle5 with Dr M and new FS at Genea. New FS not overly supportive of immunology but didn't object plus he put me on DHEA.

Hi Kiwi,

Thanks I did ask Dr B about other issues, and he said it was my Hubby's poor sperm. Also he said I was not getting any younger and eggs would be on the decline. But aggred to DEX clexane and aspirin also antibiotics through out the whole cycle. Due to my many complications from surgerys.
    So the only difference in the drugs, as yet is the intraplid which I have, and the patches which I have heap of as well.

I have not seen FS yet, and I'm sure he will change some things. I think my issue is more going back to the same clinic at Monash. I'm ashamed to say I'm embarrassed to be back there again, again and again. I just think if I'm at a different clinic, the staff won't recognise us.

Today has been harder, now two years of IVF 8 year wedding anniversary, and to top it off I would have been due today. Just does not feel like there is ever going to be a happy ending.

I just wonder when is it ever going to get better..
    if you do go with Dr B, he's pretty rushed for time although they all seem to be rushing you in to get your eggs and off to the next patient before you can close your legs! I couldn't get any post-cycle time with him both cycles. He said if I wanted to talk I had to schedule and pay. Just something to be aware of.

like the others noted, too much $$$ in the industry and hopeful despairing women so easy just to go with basic protocol and leave us complex cases to fight for customization.

its so tough - esp if you are like my sis (43) and at the end of the road for options. Big big hugs and miracle wishes for you all xo

simpsonD - you must be absolutely chuffed and ready to go. Good luck with the birth! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    If anyone else has male issues, my dh had vasectomy reversal and it didn't work for 3mths. Plus when it did work there was bad dna fragrnentation and we both have antisperm antibodies. His urologist put him on prednisone, zinc, vitC, vitE, coQ10, male multi - it seems to have helped. We also did ICSI using frozen testicular sperm for first 4cycles as FSs all said just as good. Well, turns out its not and fresh is best so we got our BFP on cycle 5 from fresh testicular sperm.

frances - has dh sperm been tested for DNA frag? Is he on vits etc? And have you considered doing a TESA for next Ivf cycle? I would also get onto DHEA to help with eggs. I kinda figure I have no idea what made difference this time but in case it helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Kiwi,

Thank you for your reply. Had a good chat with DH he said he felt rather rushed on our first appt and even the phone consult as well. I wait until my appt with dr Nick and see what he changes. Also if Dr B is rushing an EPU that could end in another disaster. I've never felt rushed by any FS doing an EPU at Monash as it's all done under a general. Dr B also said it would have to be done under a general as well, due to risk of complications.
    No complications from Dr Nick that is massive as old FS P L said my next was going to kill me. So already ahead there lol

Also I remember with my BFPs the huge almost fever rise in my temp. I looked for this in my TWW thinking yay something is happening. The last TWW higher temp but not that fever felling.
    Never connected the two and all have ended badly.

Yes DH has DNA fragmentation reduced moiltlty and reduced count it was so bad HA could not be done as well. He has been taking lots of supplements but not the steroids. I'm going to ask for DHEA as well.

Many thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I've been reading along for a while now even before we thought immune issues may be the problem abit of history TTC after fixing DP sperm for a year, 3 years prior to that but didn't no he had issues.
    jan had chemical pregnancy naturally whilst using clomid didn't think much of it as I have PCO and mild endo removed in sept last year, just assumed eggs were not mature went to westmead in jan started ivf was cancelled due to over stimulating me had feb off changed back to original FS at next gen fertility couldn't be happier it's worth the extra $$$ so ivf stim again in march good fertilization rates ect embryo put back BFP but another chemical and now we are wondering why??
    I have a family history of auto immune and thrombophilia but just in aunts and cousins so this month I'm having nk cell biopsy done and waiting for bloods to come back one thing that caught my attention was when I was pregnant the second time the night sweats and temps were ridiculous I woke up one night and swore I wet the bed even dp was shocked I thought maybe the progesterone but only now thinking maybe it was my body trying to get rid of the embryo which worries and scares the crap out of me I think I'm still getting my head around the fact there may be once again more issues cross one thing off only to find another , I haven't googled anything think I'm abit scared to so reading along with everyone on her has been informing enough

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13
    4rounds of clomid with BFN
    5th cycle of clomid chemical pregnancy

Started IVF jan 2014

1st IVF Jan 2014: @WFC antagonist cycle started, cancelled day 9 due to over stimulation, 60+ follicles.

2ND IVF March 2014: Next generation fertility ,Antagonist cycle, chemical pregnancy!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow France's that is scary about the complications. I've had my ovaries nicked twice - cycle 1 and 4 and that was horrid enough. I've only had 2 FS at Genea and both super rushed. Not sure who will use if I need to do another cycle as got really bad ohss last time and needed to be hospitalized and new FS nurses didnt take it seriously. With the steroids it was to help with antisperm antibodies and inflammation.

Hi missalina, I have thrombophilia issues only discovered by Dr M on this last cycle (Antiphospholid antibodies and mthfr). After ET cycles 3 and 4 I felt very strange sharp pains different from and wondered if my body was attacking embryo. But nurses just said it was ovaries. I also get hives and have sensitive tum etc. good you got tested. Was it with Dr M? My NK cell biopsy came back -ve but was taken at wrong point in my cycle by new FS. dr M just did bloods and got me on protocol from that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kiwi76 can I ask what drugs you had to take while TTC , even if things come negative she said she'll still do antibiotics clexane and prednisone but I won't get anything back for a few weeks biopsy end of this month

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13

Started IVF jan 2014

1st IVF Jan 2014: @WFC antagonist cycle started, cancelled day 9 due to over stimulation, 60+ follicles.

2ND IVF March 2014: Next generation fertility ,Antagonist cycle, chemical pregnancy!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kiwi76 in being tested thrift next generation fertility dr Matthews she was all for it which was good put my mind at ease

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13

Started IVF jan 2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi76 View Post
    Wow France's that is scary about the complications. I've had my ovaries nicked twice - cycle 1 and 4 and that was horrid enough. I've only had 2 FS at Genea and both super rushed. Not sure who will use if I need to do another cycle as got really bad ohss last time and needed to be hospitalized and new FS nurses didnt take it seriously. With the steroids it was to help with antisperm antibodies and inflammation.

Hi missalina, I have thrombophilia issues only discovered by Dr M on this last cycle (Antiphospholid antibodies and mthfr). After ET cycles 3 and 4 I felt very strange sharp pains different from and wondered if my body was attacking embryo. But nurses just said it was ovaries. I also get hives and have sensitive tum etc. good you got tested. Was it with Dr M? My NK cell biopsy came back -ve but was taken at wrong point in my cycle by new FS. dr M just did bloods and got me on protocol from that.
    Hi ladies,

Regarding thrombophilia, is this test included in Dr M's first blood tests? Or is it any different test? Can plz advise me on this.

Thanks,
    Take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Pihu, thrombophilia is a term used to cover blood clotting issues eg. mthfr or antiphospholid antibodies. dr M tests cover them so you'll be ok if he doesn't mention them in your results.

Miisallina - I was taking prenatal, vitC, coQ10, DHEA, fish oil, probiotic. Now have dropped the vitC and DHEA. My protocols all been antagonist. Cycles 1 & 2 450 GonalF, 150 menopur. Prednisolone at EPU and crinone. Cycles 3 & 4 250 Gonal F, crinone at EPU. I felt the worse sharp attacking pains after these cycles and wonder if it was absence of the steroids. Cycle 5 Lucrin/Provera to suppress first to try and give me even baseline. Then 300 Gonal F, crinone at EPU and on bfp switch crinone to 800mg of progesterone pessaries. dr M added clexane, 5mg folic acid, Dex, intralipids all from before EPU. My HK equivalent of Dr M as I live overseas added baby aspirin and switched me to IVIg.

Thats great if your FS believes in immune issues! Just great!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kiwi76 For This Useful Post:

Fiona2  (02-05-2014),Pihu  (10-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry also dropped the CoQ10