Closed Thread
Page 11 of 99 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    just after some advice, not about NKC but am wondering if anybody has any knowledge of thyroid antibodies?
    I have hypothyroidism recently got my GP to test the antibodies as well and results were:
    TG - 27 (range under 60)
    TPO - 693 (range under 60)
    TSH is controlled with thyroxine already.

Am wondering how to reduce TPO levels and if those levels impact on implantation ??
    Any help greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsFurBabies View Post
    Hi ladies,
    just after some advice, not about NKC but am wondering if anybody has any knowledge of thyroid antibodies?
    I have hypothyroidism recently got my GP to test the antibodies as well and results were:
    TG - 27 (range under 60)
    TPO - 693 (range under 60)
    TSH is controlled with thyroxine already.

Am wondering how to reduce TPO levels and if those levels impact on implantation ??
    Any help greatly appreciated!!
    I don't know much about thyroid antibodies but have you read Alan Beers book "Is your body baby friendly"? I have just started reading it and there are a few sections that talk about thyroid antibodies. Have you been tested for NK cells? In the book it says "Many women with anti-thyroid antibodies have activated NK cells that have caused the thyroid damage, as well as implantation failures, miscarriages or infertility".

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Blueberry Swirl For This Useful Post:

MrsFurBabies  (06-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Arlais, congrats and welcome to the world annabel violet! I read your diary and was wondering if you had had bub!
    @nattie84, I hope not. Mine is always my knees aching.

Sorry @MrsFurBabies, I don't know about thyroid antibodies, but I have antinuclear antibodies and nk cells so you probably do have some immune issues affecting implantation.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (07-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats to you Arlias on the safe arrival of your Bub.

Ive stopped taking all the meds, and have broken out in the worst pimply rash on my back under arms and under my fringe.

Even my mild eczema which was fixed with the DEX has come back had anyone had this happen. Or is this because I was naughty and have not bothered to wean down. Was sick of not being able to sleep.

Still have not decided what to do for next cycle continue with Monash Dr Nick or try Genea Dr Bowman will do the same expect the intralipid. Which I think I can get done at home with a nurse friend for nothing.

Hows is everyone else doing ???

7. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (08-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by francesthecat View Post

Ive stopped taking all the meds, and have broken out in the worst pimply rash on my back under arms and under my fringe.

Even my mild eczema which was fixed with the DEX has come back had anyone had this happen. Or is this because I was naughty and have not bothered to wean down. Was sick of not being able to sleep.

Still have not decided what to do for next cycle continue with Monash Dr Nick or try Genea Dr Bowman will do the same expect the intralipid. Which I think I can get done at home with a nurse friend for nothing.

Did you try taking the dex morning and lunch instead of morning and night? Last cycle I had the worst insomnia and this cycle I have been sleeping ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PreciousHeart View Post
    Hey ladies, I've often thought it would be so useful to have a spreadsheet of everyone's results, treatments and notes etc to look at... what do you think of a google doc that we could all write on, if I create a spreadsheet??? is it too "out there" to do that, or could it be accessed for the wrong reasons etc so we shouldn't do it? I just find that I get so confused with what everyone has done, and for newbies, newbies, like we all were once, always ask the same questions so it would be a great resource... what do you think??? Am I crazy, is it allowed???
    If you can figure it out I think it's a good idea!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nattie84 View Post
    Just great I'm 5dpo and have a sore throat and a little stuffy nose which can only mean one thing.... My body is killing off another embryo
    I hope not xxx. With me I always knew as I would ache all over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlais View Post
    I'm not a Dr M patient, but I'm blessed that my FS believes in immune issues and put me on an appropriate protocol to combat my high ANAs and blood clotting disorder.

Thanks to her forward thinking, our embie held on tight and we welcomed our little girl Annabel Violet on the 27th of March!

I will be forever grateful that this knowledge about immune issues is being shared and I hope that one day soon it will be standard fertility protocol to test and treat these problems.
    Beautiful news! Enjoy your precious bundle.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to soclose For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (08-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by francesthecat View Post

I suffer mild psoriasis which is an autoimmune disease and mine cleared while on the prednisilone but when I stopped after weaning off it came back worse than ever! The joys of steroids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by soclose View Post
    Just wanted to say hi to Simpson Dessert to see how you're going with your pregnancy xx. Hope all is well.
    Thanks for asking about me So Close . I'm 35wks along now and going great.

Really sorry to be MIA from the thread but I'm so busy at work. I finish up next Thurs and have tons to do before then. I'll pop in and catch up properly once I'm on mat leave xo