Closed Thread
Page 1 of 99 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default High Natural Killer Cells #4

Hi Everyone,

I came across this thread after seeing in some of the girl's signatures in the Sydney IVF thread that they got pregnant with Dr M's Immune Protocol and have spent every spare minute this last week reading through all three threads. I am amazed by the journey's that some of you girls have been on, have been reduced to tears and feel like I have shared in the highs of all the wonderful BFPs (I only worked out what that stood for not long ago but think I am across all the lingo now) and not to mention have learnt heaps! So I hope it is okay if I join..?

Hubby and I (both 34) have been TTC for 2.5 years now, have had all our testing done through our FS and all the results came back as good, "unexplained infertility". I wasn't too happy that FS didn't explain anything and couldn't really answer my questions (is that what happens when you have a low-cost FS?) so we kept trying naturally as both of us didn't really see the point of IVF if all our results were good. By time is ticking on and I have started looking in to IVF again as it has got to the point where even animals having babies in a Nat Geo documentary is enough to make me cry. When I came across this thread I thought Dr M may be able to help me, I suffer from hives so thought maybe there is some type of immunological problem. I have booked an appointment with Dr M in May but was just looking over my blood test results (done by FS) and noticed that 'Antibody Screen' is negative. So just wondering if anyone has NK cells or anything else that Doctor M was able to help with, while still screening negative for antibodies? Or is this unlikely and I should just go down the IVF route?

Thanks,
    Blueberry Swirl

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome @Blueberry Swirl - you've certainly come to the right place, so many of the ladies here are so knowledgeable!

If it was me, I would def spend the time and $$ seeing dr m first. I think he does the tests differently and reads them in conjunction with others that most FS don't do. My FS did blood tests and I came back negative for everything, but when I did dr m's I have high antinuclear antibodies and nk cells. Have you read the book is my body baby friendly? It's a must read before you see dr m, it explains things really well.

There is no harm in testing yourself and being armed with every bit of knowledge before embarking on ivf. Which is traumatic, expensive and takes a toll physically and mentally on both you and your partner.

Good luck!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Blueberry Swirl  (31-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning ladies, I can't enter so please excuse the one paragraph. Anyway, I read this thread daily and have recently noticed that a few of you are TTC naturally using immune meds under Dr M. Has anyone had success? What protocol did he have you on when TTC naturally? I have asked my FS if she would allow me to try naturally using Pred / Clex / Prog and she will not let me - for a FET she is willing for me to throw everything at it but I only have one embryo left and we are not willing to do another IVF cycle. I have borderline high NK cells with no other fertility issues - I've tried 3 years naturally with 1 confirmed mc and 2 chemicals. (I have one child conceived using IVF and immunes, wanting to TTC#2) Any info on this would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    subbing..

I am currently on my second round of clomid, intrepalids, dex and provera.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing to new thread

TWW crazies at just starting to set in 4 DPO 5 day transfer not feeling much other than bloated crampy with a high temp ?????

have a great weekend everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing to new thread All are welcome to join our private Fb group, just PM me your email xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @francesthecat you're doing pregnyl aren't you? That means no poas, hope the next week goes quickly for you xxx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (29-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing
    Satellite I had my ds in January, he was conceived naturally using dr m's protocol (1st go after 4 mcs). Our fs was sending us down the pgd route after 1 cycle of letting us use only 200mg progesterone daily, but hubby didn't want to do ivf so dr m was our last shot at a successful pregnancy and sibling for dd. My protocol was as follows:
    From cd14 10mg prednisolone daily, clexane every second day. On bfp (which I started testing ridiculously early to make sure I caught it early - 9dpo was my positive but tested from 7 dpo) I increased Pred to 20mg and clexane daily. Also started 400mg progesterone twice a day. Intralipid infusion at 4.5 weeks, 8.5 weeks, 13 weeks, 18 weeks, 24 weeks. I had weekly hcg draws done through gp but results sent to dr m until 8weeks. He increased Pred to 25mg at around 6-7 weeks based on the results. Had a bleed around 10-11 weeks and increased progesterone to 3x daily. Started weaning meds at 14 weeks and was off progesterone by 17 weeks, Pred at 24-25 weeks, clexane at 33 weeks. Ds was born at 34.5 weeks due to me developing preeclampsia (unrelated) and he is doing great! He is now 10 weeks and the apple of my eye 😃 it is well worth trying the meds/seeing dr m. He gave us the advice not to do ivf and had told others the same, it just depends on your personal scenario and medical issues. Good luck! Xo

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to timetoshine For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (24-05-2014),Rubylou88  (01-04-2014),Satelite75  (31-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to the latest joiners and good luck to anyone cycling. I would second everything the other fabulous ladies have said. Do the testing and get on a protocol with Dr M first. I wish I'd known about this thread 2years and 5ivf cycles ago. Would have saved a lot of heartache and tears and $$$. I'm one of the lucky ones (touch wood) where my first Dr M accompanied Ivf cycle (#5) worked and I'm almost 12wks preggers so there is hope. Just had my nuchal translucency (Downs scan) and bub was 0.9mm so low risk. Need to wait for SafeT21 blood results back to confirm but I'm just so relieved given both DH and I on the advanced age side and OB has lifted my travel ban so we get to combine a belated honeymoon with an early baby moon - cant wait!

X

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwi76 For This Useful Post:

Rubylou88  (30-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies im currently looking into me possibly having high NK cells, HD and I have been TTC #1 for 2 years 8 months with not one BFP, I have RA and hypothyroidism since both of those is autoimmune i Have been thinking maybe my immune system is also stopping me from getting pregnant.
    Im pretty sure I had a chemical pregnancy in december and possibly last month and again this month (currently 2 days late with BFN).
    what do you ladies think the chances are of me having high NK cells is? can I get my FS to test for it?