+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My point about effects being unknown is not really about vaccines or fluoride but actually gluten. It does strange things to my family. I'm not talking a bad belly but really odd behavioural effects. If a small crumb of bread can do this, and the medical profession is unable to explain why, then what else can? What do we know about anything?!
    But, I'm not disagreeing with you about vaccines. I think your points sound spot on and very valid. I'm an 'on the fencer' who's been converted

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javic For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (31-03-2014),Renn  (31-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have both Coeliac and EoE which is triggered by gluten for me - so for me personally it is like poison. But I would say it is the same as vaccines, for the majority - Gluten is fine, just like vaccines. For a few, gluten is bad, just like vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by javic View Post
    My point about effects being unknown is not really about vaccines or fluoride but actually gluten. It does strange things to my family. I'm not talking a bad belly but really odd behavioural effects. If a small crumb of bread can do this, and the medical profession is unable to explain why, then what else can? What do we know about anything?!
    But, I'm not disagreeing with you about vaccines. I think your points sound spot on and very valid. I'm an 'on the fencer' who's been converted

4. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (30-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    [QUOTE=Harriet;7717357]
    Quote Originally Posted by jmo1 View Post
    Because by having the dose at birth they are protected by 6 months rather than 12 months old[/QUOTE

It's a blood borne disease transmitted by sex, needle sharing with an infected person, sharing toothbrushes, tattoos. All pretty low risk to a newborn.
    Actually it is very common in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and the spread has nothing to do with the transmission routes you mention. It is mainly on the schedule so early so that this very high risk group is covered.

I spend a lot of time in remote communities and make sure my Hep B is always up to date. This is not because I go there to share needles or have sex, but because it easily transmitted in saliva and the gorgeous kids there always want to hug.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Same, I had an argument with a couple of anti vaxxers from Mullumbimby (shock horror) one was convinced that her son became autistic after vaccinations 20 years ago and the other told me her kids were safe from VPDs because she did "chanting" with the kids in the bath every night to keep the diseases away. I mean seriously ffs!

Oh...it's an interesting part of the world to have an argument. I've spent some time there - even taught in Mullumbimby High School. It always boggles my mind to see people who will never, EVER wear sunscreen and are happy to be out in the sun all day when the UV index is at 14... but think that fluoride in the water will kill them (or even better, keep them docile and under government control).

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

beebs  (01-04-2014),Boobycino  (01-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where is Mullim...something...by?!!
    My geography is very poor.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Where is Mullim...something...by?!!
    My geography is very poor.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Mullumbimby... far north NSW, near Byron Bay

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (01-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha ha @Renn so so true!!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another study from the anti-vax side.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...5/#!po=14.5349
    seems a bit concerning. (I know correlation is not causation)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by javic View Post
    Another study from the anti-vax side.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...5/#!po=14.5349
    seems a bit concerning. (I know correlation is not causation)
    If you look at the confounding factors listed, the most concerning is the rise in preterm delivery. It's a fact that preterm birth increases the chance of infant mortality and the US has a high rate of medical interventions like induction.
    There is also the author bias to consider- Neil Z Miller is an known anti-vax contributor. Also, his degree is in psychology- not immunology or a related field. The other author is also a well known anti-vax proponent- Gary S Goldman, whose qualification is in computer science. This is worth a read regarding this study:
    http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/...cine-movement/

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (01-04-2014),javic  (01-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would suggest the health of the mother is more of a factor in preterm birth. Obesity can increase chances of preterm birth. Rates of obesity have increased rapidly in recent years.