+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by javic View Post
    Here is a link to some results of the study - like I said, not sure if it's at all legit.

http://www.vaccineinjury.info/vaccin...illnesses.html

It's a self-selecting survey located on an anti-vaccination website. What would you expect the results to say? Anyone can get on there, type whatever they want and it's included in the results. It has absolutely zero credibility.

Years ago, a scientist entered data on one of those surveys saying a vaccine had turned him into the Incredible Hulk. It was accepted as an adverse reaction until he told them to remove it.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HazTechDad For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (30-03-2014),Atropos  (30-03-2014),beebs  (30-03-2014),gnomesy  (03-04-2014),javic  (30-03-2014),MissMuppet  (30-03-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (30-03-2014),Renn  (30-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    PS don't be sorry, I wouldn't swap him for the world - he is a great kid
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    I am sorry to hear that Beebs. But can I please say that there is alot of pressure on Paediatricians to make an ASD diagnosis these days. (And I say this with some professional authority. Cannot go into details on BH.). 15 years ago it was also true of ADD/ADHD.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app
    PS

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    HazTechDad...that just made me laugh out loud, and I mean actually, not just in the "LOL"-sense!!!
    I remember studying Statistics in Medical School...I hated it; the most boring subject on the syllabus (power of a study, student t-test, etc, etc...Zzzzz!). But it did teach me how to "read" a study. In today's Internet age, this is an important skill. There is so much tripe out there.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (30-03-2014),HazTechDad  (30-03-2014),Lillynix  (16-04-2014),lilypily  (31-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure if over diagnosis is the issue, rather the screening tools are so much more effective now, and access to medicine is only on the increase. Not sure if this is a completely appropriate comparison, but cancer risk has now been increased from 1 in 3 to 1 in 2, but this is not necessarily because more of us are getting cancer, but because a) early screening and diagnosis is far more effective and widespread and b) we live far longer ( thanks to science).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SJG For This Useful Post:

harvs  (30-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HazTechDad View Post
    It's a self-selecting survey located on an anti-vaccination website. What would you expect the results to say? Anyone can get on there, type whatever they want and it's included in the results. It has absolutely zero credibility.

Years ago, a scientist entered data on one of those surveys saying a vaccine had turned him into the Incredible Hulk. It was accepted as an adverse reaction until he told them to remove it.
    I want that vax

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh jeez, really? 1 in 3 was horrifying enough - but one in 2!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SJG View Post
    I'm not sure if over diagnosis is the issue, rather the screening tools are so much more effective now, and access to medicine is only on the increase. Not sure if this is a completely appropriate comparison, but cancer risk has now been increased from 1 in 3 to 1 in 2, but this is not necessarily because more of us are getting cancer, but because a) early screening and diagnosis is far more effective and widespread and b) we live far longer ( thanks to science).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    I'd take a punt and say in some circles people are influenced by what friends do and to some extent not vaccinating is seen as trendy or a way of identifying with a cultural subset or group.
    Yep! I know people that went off one person's word that vaccines are bad. They really look up to her and, well, if she said it then it must be true, right? I tried to have a conversation with one of these people about why they don't vaccinate and they couldn't even give me an answer... absolutely clueless

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep but it's taking age into account as up to 85 and includes skin cancer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by javic View Post
    We really don't understand it all though, do we? We don't even understand what out food does to us or the fluoride in water, or tiny particles in the air we breathe. We guess at some of the stuff, but we don't understand every little thing it does inside. There's aluminium in the vaccines, along with other stuff. Are you aware that kids' antibiotic suspension is full of aspartame? That stuff makes my kid mental. Do you think they understand why that is? What is going on inside that causes my child to go mental? There's a lot we don't understand.
    Yes, there is aluminium (aluminium salt to be precise) in some vaccines. And it's there because they do know what it does: It improves the immune response, meaning the vaccine can contain fewer antigens and still convey immunity. It's called an adjuvant. Technical info here: https://www.mja.com.au/journal/2006/...sumer-concerns

There's also aluminium in breast milk, by the way. And a breastfed child receives many times more aluminium via that route in a few months than from a lifetime of vaccines.

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HazTechDad For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (30-03-2014),beebs  (30-03-2014),delirium  (30-03-2014),javic  (30-03-2014),jezikas  (31-03-2014),Lauzy  (30-03-2014),Peebs  (31-03-2014),Renn  (30-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SJG View Post
    Perhaps lay people don't understand but scientists do. Everything is made of chemicals, almost everything can be toxic at high doses. I've researched natural products constituents and cancer for over 12 years. People think " natural" means safe, it does not. Fluoride at high doses yes is toxic, but not at levels even remotely close to that found in our drinking water.
    A lay person reads a study and sees product x is toxic, a scientists reads a study and sees product x is toxic at x dose, which is completely different. The preservatives in vaccines are absolutely minuscule and have been rigorously tested for safety and tolerability. There is enormous amount lay people don't understand, but that's ok, no one has to be an expert on everything.
    But they don't understand exactly what any one thing does in our bodies. They may have discovered one, or many, of the effects of fluoride, but there could be others that are yet undiscovered. They could not possibly know. And, believe me, I do not claim to know what they might be - but if I've come to know anything through my research into health it is that whatever we think we know there's a bucketload more we don't!

How often are there things that are thought to be safe - then a decade or two or three later are found to have all sorts of issues?