+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by javic View Post
    Which thread? Did I miss something?
    In the immunization & vaccine section there was a thread started asking if you or your family have directly been affected by a VPD.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wally90 For This Useful Post:

javic  (30-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    "Vaccines cause ASD, blah blah..."...

There is "information" (and I use this term VERY loosely) on the Internet, about a supposed causal link between antenatal antidepressant-exposure and breastfeeding whilst on antidepressants, and ASD/Aspergers.
    Not sure about you guys, but it all sends my "bullcrap-meter" into overdrive.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (30-03-2014),VicPark  (01-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is a deliberately emotive post, but I am still hurting. My father had cancer and a lowered immune system. He has just passed away from measles...we later found out when the hospital informed all the patients and families that a child with undiagnosed measles had visited a family member in the same ward. My dad paid the price. Please vaccinate your children so that others like me don't suffer a premature loss of a loved one.

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Silver flute For This Useful Post:

Acadaca  (30-03-2014),Amiedoll  (30-03-2014),beebs  (30-03-2014),cluckcluck  (30-03-2014),DailyDiversion  (30-03-2014),JR03  (30-03-2014),LaDiDah  (30-03-2014),Meld85  (30-03-2014),NoteToSelf  (30-03-2014),peanutmonkey  (30-03-2014),snowqu33n  (04-04-2014),Starfish30  (30-03-2014),VicPark  (01-04-2014),wobbleyhorse  (30-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grooviechic35 View Post
    Actually I do have a question.... All the non vaxxes or even people who a pro... Did u get the cervical cancer immunisation if not y and if u have a teenage child did u let them get it?
    I haven't had it. I'm pro vac. It protects against the sexually transmitted HPV virus. I'm married in a monogomous relationship. I use that as my 'prevention'. I read something about it being most effective for those who are sexually inactive. I don't have a daughter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally90 View Post
    Just to throw a spanner in the works though...we had a year level come through 2 years ago (currently year 8) and majority of those kids (it was about 80-90%) had behavioural issues, or learning difficulties of some description. Talking with other teachers they had the same issue with the same year level. Apparently a new strain of vaccine was developed wen those kids had their 2 YO vaccinations and a lot of teachers were blaming that. I think it was just coincidence, but the teachers and parents were convinced.
    There aren't vaxxes at 2 years- not sure about 12 yrs ago- usually it's the MMR at 18 months that is blamed- often because that is the age ASD's become particularly noticeable, from what I've read. But correlation doesn't equal causation. If this were true, unvaccinated kids wouldn't have ASD's or behavioural problems, right? And we know that isn't true. The most current research on ASD points towards a genetic origin, though there may well be environmental factors that affect some people. The fact is, the "link" between autism and vaccines came about from a "study" that was extremely flawed, never able to be replicated and later proved fraudulent. The doctor involved has been struck off the medical register because of it. It has since been studied to death- and no one has ever been able to conclusively show a link between ASD and vaccines.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (30-03-2014),beebs  (30-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver flute View Post
    This is a deliberately emotive post, but I am still hurting. My father had cancer and a lowered immune system. He has just passed away from measles...we later found out when the hospital informed all the patients and families that a child with undiagnosed measles had visited a family member in the same ward. My dad paid the price. Please vaccinate your children so that others like me don't suffer a premature loss of a loved one.
    Oh, I am so very sorry to read this

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (30-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HazTechDad View Post
    I also don't understand the claim that "we don't know what vaccines are doing inside our tiny children's bodies". Of course we do, and the phraseology of your statement seems deliberately emotive.
    We really don't understand it all though, do we? We don't even understand what out food does to us or the fluoride in water, or tiny particles in the air we breathe. We guess at some of the stuff, but we don't understand every little thing it does inside. There's aluminium in the vaccines, along with other stuff. Are you aware that kids' antibiotic suspension is full of aspartame? That stuff makes my kid mental. Do you think they understand why that is? What is going on inside that causes my child to go mental? There's a lot we don't understand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Atropos. Also thank you for your wonderful posts on a topic that makes my blood boil at the casual risk these people take with other people's lives.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Silver flute For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (30-03-2014),beebs  (30-03-2014),Purple Lily  (30-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am so sorry Silver Flute. Situation should have been avoidable.

Vaccinate also for the loss of future loved ones. Exposure to the mumps can cause orchitis in males (inflammation of the testes) and infertility in men. I wonder how many supposed "anti-vaxxers" (such a bull**** term anyway, ridiculous in 2014) even know this.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (30-03-2014),Silver flute  (30-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry for your loss

18. The Following User Says Thank You to javic For This Useful Post:

Wally90  (30-03-2014)