+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grooviechic35 View Post
    Actually I do have a question.... All the non vaxxes or even people who a pro... Did u get the cervical cancer immunisation if not y and if u have a teenage child did u let them get it?
    I've had it and DD will be getting it next year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I am pro vax and I have had the first 2, but not the 3rd. I had very bad reactions to the first 2, so have decided against having the 3rd.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Actually I do have a question.... All the non vaxxes or even people who a pro... Did u get the cervical cancer immunisation if not y and if u have a teenage child did u let them get it?

nope

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loislane2010 View Post
    nope
    Nope for you or your teen? And why not?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I missed the age cut off for it, but wouldn't have if I'd known about it so I'm kind of miffed about that. My girls will have it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Nope for you or your teen? And why not?
    both because it hasnt been around long enough to see the long term effects of the vaccine.
    Before you say 'what about the vaccines that HAVE been around a long time'. Thats not what i have an issue with, its all the NEW vaccines that are mixed with the old ones. If i could get whopping cough, MMR, diptheria and polio ON THEIR OWN i would gladly vaccinate my kids. The chicken pox, Pneumococcal, Rotavirus, Hib have not been around long enough to see any LONG term effects IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, ive had the vaccination. Yes my daughter will when she is old enough.
    I am up to date with all my vaccinations and its a requirement for my job that I am-if I refuse this I lose my job-the risk is too high.
    Dd is current behind on her 4 year old vaccinations due to some medical issues and this is at the advice of her doctor.

For me and my family vaccinations are a must have.

I dont believe that both sides of the argument are equally blind.
    Pro-vax are generally well informed and have weighed up risk v benefit based on peer-reviewed data not something pulled from a conspiracy-dot-org type website.
    I also think the key is not just reading the data but being able to interpret and understand it too.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kezanazz For This Useful Post:

beebs  (29-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by btmac View Post
    I've not had the HPV vax personally but my niece has and I paid for DS1 to have it. I believe it's on the schedule for teen boys now but I may be wrong. Either way DS2 will get it when he is at the appropriate age.

I haven't done it because I thought there was no point once sexually active? Perhaps I'm misinformed?
    Yes it is. Ds1 had it through the school system.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (29-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Looking back over posts is hardly going to prove anything, all the really mean things are cleaned by the mods.

Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    I'm saying I've never seen someone be called selfish for not breastfeeding here on BH.

_______
    I don't believe it's selfish to consider the risks accociated with vaccinations and choose not to use them for your family. You all might not agree with me and that's fine but I don't think it's polite to post comments declaring other members selfish.

People seem to be getting a bit upset about it so I'll leave it here I think.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (29-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It is never about trying to change anti vaxxers minds, ever - that would be like trying to change creationists mind about evolution. All this has ever been about for me is to counter false information (from the anti fax side) with the truth - so that if anyone ever stumbles on these threads they get a balanced view -and evidence to prove it.

I'm just going to say this. I think the more we try to prove that the antivax people are incorrect or uneducated etc they r not going to change their mind they are just going to dig their heels in. Especially as they might feel silly or regret their decision but as they have fought so hard they don't want "egg on their face".
    I'm still not 100% sure what the point of the thread... Because the provaxs doing have an extreme viewpoint but they do admit that there are side effects.... But I notice a lot of the anti vax people use sub standard studies or have really not contributed anything to support their view except the "I don't wanna" stance. @atroops vicpark and beebs and others have given great evidence and have offered to provide more but no one wanted to take the opportunity so I don't think education was y this thread was created.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong but that's all I'm noticing about this thread

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

kezanazz  (29-03-2014),Renn  (29-03-2014)