+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm not getting upset. But I do find it interesting that anti vaxxers deny all science surrounding vaccines on one hand - but then some of them them use science to back up their claims about breastfeeding or global warming. I just find it all a bit strange to be honest.

I think it is fine to questions medicines/vaccines. I did, that is why I read so much about vaccines. But it is so important to get non biased research. And that is where most non/anti vaxxers fall down.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (29-03-2014),Anjalee  (29-03-2014),atomicmama  (30-03-2014),HollyGolightly81  (29-03-2014),MeeG  (30-03-2014),Wally90  (29-03-2014),wigglemum  (28-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by javic View Post
    Emily and HOF, you're being evasive. If you were forced to live somewhere where measles was rife, would you choose to vaccinate?
    I haven't thought about it because this and other 'what if' situations aren't important in my current life or health choices.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by emily173 View Post
    I haven't thought about it because this and other 'what if' situations aren't important in my current life or health choices.
    So did you? Were you vaccinated or not when you volunteered?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bpac View Post
    So did you? Were you vaccinated or not when you volunteered?
    I'm not sure what makes you believe you have a right to push me to answer this. The answer I'd like to give it 'None of your business!' in the interests of being open I will tell you. I would have been partially vaccinated (or lapsed) as I had childhood shots but no boosters before the trip. I also took malaria tablets as I was in a rural area.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    I'm not sure what makes you believe you have a right to push me to answer this. The answer I'd like to give it 'None of your business!' in the interests of being open I will tell you. I would have been partially vaccinated (or lapsed) as I had childhood shots but no boosters before the trip. I also took malaria tablets as I was in a rural area.
    I was not pushing at all. I asked a question, it is your right to answer or not. I was just curious. I am also curious to know if you had your children when with you when you volunteered and if you had them vaccinated. Or if you didnt if you did it again would you? You brought up that you volunteered. I think that is a wonderful thing that you did. As i said, i was just curious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was not pushing at all. I asked a question, it is your right to answer or not. I was just curious. I am also curious to know if you had your children when with you when you volunteered and if you had them vaccinated. Or if you didnt if you did it again would you? You brought up that you volunteered. I think that is a wonderful thing that you did. As i said, i was just curious.
    Nope, no children back then as I was only 17. First baby is due in September this year :-)
    I think travel with kids is a great idea but I strongly recommend against bringing under 5's to a developing country. Vaccination or not. Sanitation is my biggest concern...and then access to emergency care. I bought a surgical grade first aid kit complete with needles, IV line and syringes because if I needed to be hospitalised I didn't want to take chances with infection/poorly sterilised equipment.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to emily173 For This Useful Post:

loislane2010  (29-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Nope, no children back then as I was only 17. First baby is due in September this year :-)
    I think travel with kids is a great idea but I strongly recommend against bringing under 5's to a developing country. Vaccination or not. Sanitation is my biggest concern...and then access to emergency care. I bought a surgical grade first aid kit complete with needles, IV line and syringes because if I needed to be hospitalised I didn't want to take chances with infection/poorly sterilised equipment.
    Fair enough but why until they are over 5 they are still at risk if not vaccinated ? Best thing when going overseas is to go prepared, i agree

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fair enough but why until they are over 5 they are still at risk if not vaccinated ? Best thing when going overseas is to go prepared, i agree
    More for the mental development, understanding the importance of hygiene and the like... but immune system secondly. I imagine a 5 year old doesn't automatically put everything in their mouth, and they're likely to have a more robust immune system than say, a toddler or newborn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    More for the mental development, understanding the importance of hygiene and the like... but immune system secondly. I imagine a 5 year old doesn't automatically put everything in their mouth, and they're likely to have a more robust immune system than say, a toddler or newborn.
    Hmmm, you don't know most 5 year olds! My 4.5 year old still puts everything in her mouth! I don't see it ending soon. But not everything is caught by touch. A lot of them are just by being in the same area as an infected person. A robust immune system will not help with the diseases we are talking about.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (29-03-2014),beebs  (29-03-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Congrats on baby, thats awesome. One more question and i want to make it clear i am not pushing for an answer. If you dont want to that is fine.

Do you think your views on vaccinations will change after you have bub? I know for certain my fear and worry of my dd getting sick or catching anything multiplied 1000000000% after i had her and it changed the way i looked at alot of things. It might be interesting to see how you feel after bub is born?
    I am sorry if i offended by asking this question, i am just nosy by nature.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (29-03-2014)